"That" code (67) and National Car Rental: Success?

HappieMommie

Oh, Mickey. I miss you.
Hi!

I know "that" code ending in -57 has been pulled, but my reservation has remained in tact. I even called and changed some info for my ressie, asked if my code was still good and if we were good to go in September, and the CSR assured me it was. I have another GREAT deal backed up, but nothing beats $180 for a minivan for 7 days. At least not yet. :)

Any issues with this?

Thanks!
Heather

dice.jpg

money-1.gif
:rolleyes1

We used the 67 code last month for a 2 week minivan rental. We picked it up at the Car Care Center location and had no problem whatsoever.

With all the angst that people have been going through about using this code, I still have yet to read a negative post about National requesting ID or denying the rental.

That being said, this code does include the following:

Loss damage waiver full Included
Supplemental liability insurance Included
Landlord concession fee recovery Included
Florida surcharge 2.00/day Included
Tire/battery fee .02/day Included
License recoupment fee .46/day Included
Sales tax (6.50%) $6.02 Included
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
Unlimited Miles Included

If an accident should occur, you may have some explaing to do with National and your insurance agency regarding liability.

HTH, Steve

At the end of the day, those that want to find something wrong with something will.

But that's a topic for another day.

I've used this code three times. Absolutely no problem. Never even a question.

I did have it for one more trip, but found a better rate on National today, which was shocking, but nice, to see.

It was for September, you may want to recheck your rates.

If an accident should occur, you may have some explaing to do with National and your insurance agency regarding liability.

HTH, Steve

I agree, should an accident occur, you would not be covered for liability as you are not an employee of the company to whom the code is applicable.

Bonny

I used the code in June and July-Aug without a problem. Sorry others ruined it for my November trip!:confused:

I did have this code for an upcoming trip, but a couple of days ago I was able to beat the price by using Priceline. Same veh, same dates, same company.

Explaining...try a little more...

A) You will not be able to use the included liability/accident insurance as you rented the car with a code you were not eligible for. Proof will be requested and you will not be able to substantiate.
B) Your insurance company who the responsibility will then fall back on could deny any claim because of renting with false information (basically, although not a hardened crime, it is a form of theft).
C) Your card company, if you have insurance through them will also request a lot of the same information in option A and B and may also deny a claim.

So after A and B, who do you think will be then responsible?

So in the end, is it worth it? You tell me?

Just asking, folks! No need to get snarky. This is my first time trip planning and I just asked an innocent question.

For those of you who offered helpful and polite responses: Thank you so much! I wasn't aware of the liability issues and such. There are so many great rates out there right now, I am not sure if this is the best way to go, especially if we can get a great rate plus coverage with a different rate.

For those of you with snarky responses: where's the Mickey love?? Come on now! :)

I did have it for one more trip, but found a better rate on National today, which was shocking, but nice, to see.

It was for September, you may want to recheck your rates.

What code did you use to get a better rate?

There are no reported cases of the code being refused at check in as far as I know. Unless you have an absolutely stripped insurance coverage, you are covered by your car insurance. You have absolutely no greater risk with this rental code vs. your daily driving.

I believe that those who think you are rolling the dice are either folks who must follow the rules every time, and insist everyone else must or folks who cancelled their ressies when the debate about this code's validity was roaring. If you were to visit flyertalk, National has a strong reputation of honouring their codes.

There are no reported cases of the code being refused at check in as far as I know. Unless you have an absolutely stripped insurance coverage, you are covered by your car insurance. You have absolutely no greater risk with this rental code vs. your daily driving.

I believe that those who think you are rolling the dice are either folks who must follow the rules every time, and insist everyone else must or folks who cancelled their ressies when the debate about this code's validity was roaring. If you were to visit flyertalk, National has a strong reputation of honouring their codes.

There has been at least one poster on another board who got busted on the insurance issue after he had an accident so it does happen. I also know that at my previous employer when I wrecked the rental car the car company did verfiy my employement and the fact that I was traveling on busines with the company (I was good friends with the woman who dealt with this and I had already given her a heads up so she told me they called) They never asked if I was traveling on business or gainfully employed when I took the cars however!

IMHO I don't WANT a claim on my personal insurance. I use a credit card that provides PRIMARY coverage, but having read (in DETAIL) thier policy I know that they would not cover me if I booked a rate I was not "qualified" for. Yes, my insurance MIGHT cover me (haven't checked that in detail) in this instance but then it's on my claims history which effects my premiums. I consider that being "penny wise and pound foolish" Gee I saved $20 on a rental and now pay $100 more in car insurance!:rotfl: Great deal!

I can tell you with absolute certainty that my car insurance does not cover any rental car at all. My car insurance is for my car, not for me. It's something I asked my insurance company directly before I rented a car at all (I am 27, so I've only been renting cars for a couple years). In fact, no insurer in MA insures the person, they all insure the car, and insurance for the car is required in order to register. We're also required to purchase "uninsured driver" insurance, so that if an out of stater hits our car and does not have insurance, the car is protected. Also, anyone can drive our car and it is still insured. This includes unlicensed drivers, so if someone steals my car and crashes it, the car is still insured. I have car insurance, but it only is useful on the car that I own. I can purchase rental car insurance if I wish as an added cost.

Because of this, I use my credit card's built in rental car insurance (which is a risk in and of itself, because my credit card doesn't cover nearly as much as my actual car insurance does).

My credit card's built in rental car insurance requires me to deny all insurance from the rental agency. If I do not explicitly deny it, then they are not responsible for any damage to the car.

Because the 67 code includes the insurance, there is nowhere I can initial to deny the insurance.

Therefore I am not covered at all if I use this code.

The one thing I can guarantee: the easiest way to make sure National will ask its agents to check IDs for this code carefully is to keep calling asking if it is okay for you to use it even though you don't belong to the group it was meant for.

The one thing I can guarantee: the easiest way to make sure National will ask its agents to check IDs for this code carefully is to keep calling asking if it is okay for you to use it even though you don't belong to the group it was meant for.

Or just e-mail them threads pertaining to the code...trust me, they will take notice.

I did not need a code, but I got a GREAT rate, better than the 67 today as well.

$175 for 12 days mid size - can't beat that!! (Code 67 was $225 for the same)

Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter