The ABCs of a New 'Ohana Adventure-G is for: Greetings From Teppan, Good-Byes, and Good News!!! - COMPLETED 1/7

You and underwear....its a thing isn't it? :rolleyes1

:rolleyes1

I'm guessing by this point you've ditched the kids?

Yes, they left after 2 days at the Poly and I stayed on for another whole week. Did Uni for 3 days, and then bounced back to Disney for a few more days. I was in Heaven!!!!

I found the same thing with the Royal Pacific. Other than the lobby with its "garden", the only theming was some tropical flower patterns in the carpet and painted on the walls in the room.

Mhm... there ya go.

Yes, I did find that as well.

I am thinking at least with us Disneyphiles, it's a widely held opinion.

That's the name of the restaurant?

Yes. Pronounced Bee-Chay.

Mmmmm, love Risotto Milanese, and veal shank sounds pretty good right now. Heck anything cooked by someone else and served to me by a server sounds good!

Yes!! I haven't been out to eat in a long, long time other than fast-food drive through. Even before this. Now it just plain sucks.

Well, I really never stayed in any rooms that were really themed at Disney. Well, OK, once Fran and I stayed in a Jr Suite at WL for the second part of our trip, and it was pretty cool, but we only had two other trips where we stayed in regular hotel rooms, and one of those was in a cruise package. It was that third trip we took together that caused her to buy into DVC. We wanted to stay CL at AK to do the Sunrise Safari and we had to get a suite for that, and she decided not to pay outrageous prices for rooms ever again. Most of our DVC rooms are not really themed at all except loosely themed to the resort where they are located.
Yes, I've noticed that about DVC rooms and while clean and nice they aren't much different than a nice hotel room at any other chain. If I had a bit more disposable cash (okay, a LOT more) I'd think seriously about DVC too, but just can't at this point in my life. My next big purchase is going to be a big trailer or motorhome so I can do some travel nursing and be in semi-retirement mode, while still working full-time if that makes sense. But that's a ways off yet....

U is for: UniWorld, Pt. 2

After my lovely dinner at BICE, pronounced Bee-Chay, what better way to cap off the night than by heading to City Walk?! The famous, and very convenient, UniBoats were waiting and willing, and, gotta be honest here, UniWorld has Disney trumped by a factor of many here. I’m guessing however, the Skyliner may be a game changer in area of theme park transportation. Just a hunch.

I made the VERY short walk to the boat ramp, breezed through security and a boat was docked, bobbing on the beautiful harbor waters. They were almost always waiting; I literally never had to wait more than a few minutes, ever, to get on a boat and they were constantly coming and going. Hands down, this was a HUGE piece of UniWorld that I loved.

The quick, 15-minute journey was fun with a soundtrack of retro songs playing that everyone knows the words to. In fact, one of my favorite memories of the UniBoats was one trip from Portofino to CityWalk in which ‘Sweet Caroline’ came on and the whole boat of passengers started to sing it all together. The captain himself was pretty animated and added to the fun with silly jokes, singing along with us, etc… Anyway, we docked, and the evening buzz was in full swing at Uni’s shopping district. The neon, general upbeat vibe, sights, and sounds make for a really nice way to spend a warm, Autumn evening after an equally nice day.

I didn’t have an agenda or anything in particular I was eager to see or buy, but it was really fun walking around just seeing what there was to see. I contemplated getting a Voodoo Doughnut, but the line was frighteningly long and I can get those anytime here in Portland. After a short time, I called it a night and headed back to my luxurious room, showered up, and hit the sack. Tomorrow was to be a bewitching day!!

Bright and early I was up so I could experience the UniWorld version of RD. Rope drop works like magic in most places you’d visit, theme park or not. The old adage ‘the early bird gets the worm’ is simply true. Yes, I had Max Pass, but I still wanted a low crowd, no wait start to my day for better photos, and to stay one step ahead of the riff-raff. (For those of you who might be new readers, I do use the term affectionately with no real malice at heart. Just to be clear.) The most obvious place to start is in Daigon Alley at USO. So after standing to "tap in" for RD for about 30 minutes, I fast-walked (NO RUNNING IN THE PARKS!!) towards the entrance to this secret world of witches and wizards.

I knew I was getting close when I saw the rooftops of London, a sign that read King’s Crossing, and the big red phone booth! This almost makes it sound like I needed a parrot-topped umbrella to fly on over. My excitement grew. A brand new park and a brand new, very hyped-up “land”, was mine for the discovering. I confess, I had the jitters like every 6th grader gets on that first day of Jr. High. One of the first of the day to wind my way through the short, but very effective, brick maze and into Diagon Alley proper I sauntered...

The fast-walking ceased; the gawking began. Ho….lee…. crap! Is it fair to say that Disney was out-Disney’ed?! Sorry if that offends your Disney diehard little heart, but I was justifiably blown away. Diagon Alley in one word, is mind-blowing.

Ok, fine. It’s technically two words and there might be one or two of you smart donkeys that will argue the finer points of of my prose. If there were any to argue, that is. I will argue back, though, that hyphenating a word, does in fact, turn it into one word.

But linger too long, I did not. For the goblins of Gringott’s were waiting!! I had a deposit to make, ya know.

Of course like all banks, it was down when you need it. Like holidays, website issues, etc… But! Unlike most banks, it's guarded by a freaking DRAGON!

Luckily, their tech dept was capable and I was in their grand lobby soon and being led down to the vaults where sinister things tend to happen.

All the usual shenanigans unfold as they “normally” do when the Tremendous Trio are involved. The escape we managed, with a little spellbinding help along the way, was incredibly well executed.

The track, props, special effects, music… it’s a perfect package. My unsolicited opinion? The ride itself is not worth the price of a park ticket, but combined with the overall themed area, the butterbeer, the Hogwarts Express… yeah, all that makes a trip to UniWorld totally worth it. Would I go again? A resounding YES!

Having said that… I have a LOT more to share with you in my travels in Diagon Alley, let alone other areas of UniWorld that are fun, quirky, colorful, and zany. This may take a while longer even than I thought it might even when I sat down to edit photos. There are many. So, I apologize in advance for the plethora of chapters this may entail. But, like many of you, I am grateful for trips to look back on and reminisce of happier, freer times of travel and enjoyment. I hope reading about places we love helps you escape from the cares and stresses of the times we are in.

I'd love to hear about how each of you is weathering these times of change, which I'm sure has led to some self-reflection and prioritizing.

Well actually for me it's not so much of a change. As I told someone else, we still sit in bed too long in the mornings watching TV, playing games on tablets, and futzing on the phone. Then we get up, feed the cats, have coffee and something to eat. We process the eBays that sold overnight and take them to the PO or Fed Ex. Maybe there are other errands like shopping for produce or showing the apartment. If Fran comes along with me, she stays in the car, and we just listen to Audible while we drive. Then it's back home to make dinner, feed the cats and go to bed. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The thing is that's weird is that we were able to get a six pack of clorox wipes before everything go really crazy, so we have tubs of wipes in both our cars, and every time we get out of the car or touch anything not our own, we wipe down. That's different. Not going to band is different. Not going to Disney whenever we want is REALLY different.

My primary workplace, an ambulatory surgical center, has shuttered until further notice.

I kind of figured that happened, but aren't they recruiting medical personnel to work in other positions? They're calling people out of retirement here and graduating others quickly.

Also, I've picked up manning the single entry to the hospital for screenings from 0000-0400.

Yikes! That's a crazy hour. At least it's hopefully not too busy then.

Yeah, it's boring as heck, but hey, I'll take that time to study for that certification in Perianesthesia Nursing I've been wanting to get. Getting paid to study? SURE! I'll take that in a hot minute. So, while not ideal, I certainly cannot complain; I'm blessed to have work at all in these uncertain times.

OK, that works! time to study!

So... tell me how you are all doing!!! Working? Resting? Watching TV? Cleaning? Stress eating? (I am) Crafts? Projects?

Well I kind of explained above. Although there is one project that I'm working on and once I get a little farther along I will reveal it on my TR.

Now that is an interesting statement. :hug: Share if you care, but I will also PM.

Did I sort of explain it above? It just feels weird that it's not too different, but then totally different.

With all of this uncertainty, I'm surprised folks are still spending their disposable income. I am too afraid to make many purchases right now outside of my needs and keeping my savings as full as it can be. Perhaps they have more disposable income than myself or jobs that aren't in jeopardy.

Well to put it in perspective a lot of what we are selling is music from our old store. We stopped by storage and picked up another half a dozen boxes of music. A lot of this music has a list price of $12.95, now the music has been in storage for quite a few years. She's listing most of those items for less than $5, many of them just a dollar. People are buying music by the dozens and getting a heck of a deal! We are also selling some turquoise (cause we need the $$'s), and still are selling our Disney Christmas Ornaments and other Disney collectibles that we don't like as much as other ones that we have now. Our prices are good, so people aren't spending a ton of money, but I sure would like it if someone bought the really expensive necklace that I've got up there. That would go a long way towards the property taxes, and not have come from savings! :lmao:

Well actually for me it's not so much of a change. As I told someone else, we still sit in bed too long in the mornings watching TV, playing games on tablets, and futzing on the phone. Then we get up, feed the cats, have coffee and something to eat. We process the eBays that sold overnight and take them to the PO or Fed Ex. Maybe there are other errands like shopping for produce or showing the apartment. If Fran comes along with me, she stays in the car, and we just listen to Audible while we drive. Then it's back home to make dinner, feed the cats and go to bed. Lather, rinse, repeat.

That actually sounds like a pretty nice routine- one I wouldn't mind having. Lately the long hours are making me very tired.

The thing is that's weird is that we were able to get a six pack of clorox wipes before everything go really crazy, so we have tubs of wipes in both our cars, and every time we get out of the car or touch anything not our own, we wipe down. That's different. Not going to band is different. Not going to Disney whenever we want is REALLY different.
And that, I think, is what makes this whole thing so hard and stressful for me too. I don't have time to go anywhere right now anyway, but I did want to go for a little hike in the woods or to the beach and couldn't. They say to go out and get some fresh air and exercise, but limit the ways you can do that. UGH!

I kind of figured that happened, but aren't they recruiting medical personnel to work in other positions? They're calling people out of retirement here and graduating others quickly.

I did get an recruitment to go to Seattle that I want to follow up on this evening. It pays well, as it should. Ahem... We'll see what the next weeks do...

Yikes! That's a crazy hour. At least it's hopefully not too busy then.

It's a stupid crazy hour. And no it's not busy at ALL! Boring!!

OK, that works! time to study!

YEP!!! Don't mind that one bit!

Well I kind of explained above. Although there is one project that I'm working on and once I get a little farther along I will reveal it on my TR.

Oh nice!! Can't wait to see it!!! :hyper:
Did I sort of explain it above? It just feels weird that it's not too different, but then totally different.

Yes, I completely get that!! I really do... :guilty:

Well to put it in perspective a lot of what we are selling is music from our old store. We stopped by storage and picked up another half a dozen boxes of music. A lot of this music has a list price of $12.95, now the music has been in storage for quite a few years. She's listing most of those items for less than $5, many of them just a dollar. People are buying music by the dozens and getting a heck of a deal! We are also selling some turquoise (cause we need the $$'s), and still are selling our Disney Christmas Ornaments and other Disney collectibles that we don't like as much as other ones that we have now. Our prices are good, so people aren't spending a ton of money, but I sure would like it if someone bought the really expensive necklace that I've got up there. That would go a long way towards the property taxes, and not have come from savings! :lmao:

WAIT!! Turquoise you say... .Hmm...I ADORE turquoise! PM your ebay name! I can't buy the expensive necklace but if you have other pieces I'd love to take a peek!

No, loads of someones. We do those all day long and more.
Probably twice as many as you have clients!

:rolleyes:

::yes::::yes::
Nah, I'm checking in at best 3 visitors a night (not many folks coming through the doors from 0000-0400) and then don't see anyone else unless I get a call for the recovery room. Otherwise, I'm at home by myself or with my roommate- who doesn't cook and sits far away.... over there >>> ;)
Interesting that you're social distancing yourself from your roommate. That hadn't occurred to me.

I've read your update, but it's getting late. I'll be back in the morning with comments. :)

Last edited:
Probably twice as many as you have clients!

::yes::::yes::

:lmao:
Interesting that you're social distancing yourself from your roommate. That hadn't occurred to me.

We work at different healthcare places so don't want to cross-contaminate, but neither of us works in super high risk areas either. (He is in nuclear med).
I've read your update, but it's getting late. I'll be back in the morning with comments. :)
Looking forward to your comments!

I like the idea of staying at a Universal resort so that I could take the boat to the park. That is one of the things I like about the Wilderness Lodge - the boat ride to MK. :) I would love to see Diagon Alley and all the other Harry Potter stuff. I am a big HP fan. I know that I wouldn't ride most the the rides at Universal, though.

We work at different healthcare places so don't want to cross-contaminate, but neither of us works in super high risk areas either. (He is in nuclear med).
That makes sense. Not quite sure what you're doing, but understand the nuclear med part. (My oldest DD used to get nuclear cystograms.)
Looking forward to your comments!
Coming right up. :)

After my lovely dinner at BICE, pronounced Bee-Chay,
Interesting... I first pronounced it in my head like it rhymed with "vice"... then after I thought about it for a second, came up with the correct pronunciation.
UniBoats were waiting and willing, and, gotta be honest here, UniWorld has Disney trumped by a factor of many here.
::yes::
I agree! While yes, I have, for some reason, incredibly good luck with Disney busses... I do know that's not the norm.
I loved the boats and never waited or not more than a minute or two.
I’m guessing however, the Skyliner may be a game changer in area of theme park transportation. Just a hunch.
Although I've heard a couple people mention if they were staying at the Riviera you might have to wait for an empty gondola.
They were almost always waiting; I literally never had to wait more than a few minutes,
In fact, one of my favorite memories of the UniBoats was one trip from Portofino to CityWalk in which ‘Sweet Caroline’ came on and the whole boat of passengers started to sing it all together.
Oh that sounds fun! If I'd been there, I would've been singing too!
The neon, general upbeat vibe, sights, and sounds make for a really nice way to spend a warm, Autumn evening after an equally nice day.
I liked City Walk, but prefer DTD. It's much smaller and didn't seem to have nearly as much to offer.
I contemplated getting a Voodoo Doughnut, but the line was frighteningly long and I can get those anytime here in Portland.
When I was there with Elle, the line was fairly long too. But it moved quickly enough that we were happy to have done it.
Not sure I'd do it again, though. If there was no line? Sure! But... worth waiting in line for... debatable.
Rope drop works like magic in most places
The old adage ‘the early bird gets the worm’ is simply true.
Yes, I had Max Pass, but I still wanted a low crowd,
Same. While I never waited with the Express Pass anyways, it's still better to get in early.
This almost makes it sound like I needed a parrot-topped umbrella to fly on over.
:laughing: You're mixing your Disney with your Potter... but! I think that'd be a cool costume to go there, in. I mean... why not???
My excitement grew. A brand new park and a brand new, very hyped-up “land”, was mine for the discovering.
::yes:: I had the very same feeling, my first time.
I confess, I had the jitters like every 6th grader gets on that first day of Jr. High.
:laughing: Yes! Very much like that.
Ho….lee…. crap! Is it fair to say that Disney was out-Disney’ed?!
Definitely. And I've said the same.
Sorry if that offends your Disney diehard little heart, but I was justifiably blown away. Diagon Alley in one word, is mind-blowing.
Nope. Doesn't offend. Because it's accurate. I suppose if you're a huge Star Wars fan and not as much (or at all) of a Potter fan, then you might disagree, but...
I thought it was much more impressive. I am glad, however that there are Stormtroopers patrolling at Disney. Otherwise it'd be even more of a blow-out. (one word.)
there might be one or two of you smart donkeys that will argue the finer points of of my prose.
I will! Not the hyphen... but the use of the word "of" twice.

:duck:
I will argue back, though, that hyphenating a word, does in fact, turn it into one word.
I agree.
"real-time" does not mean the same as "real time"
into Diagon Alley proper I sauntered...
Shame. Perfect opportunity for sashaying.
Unlike most banks, it's guarded by a freaking DRAGON!
I dunno. There's a dragon lady at my branch...

The escape we managed, with a little spellbinding help along the way, was incredibly well executed.
It's a great ride, isn't it? :)
My unsolicited opinion? The ride itself is not worth the price of a park ticket, but combined with the overall themed area, the butterbeer, the Hogwarts Express… yeah, all that makes a trip to UniWorld totally worth it. Would I go again? A resounding YES!
Well... sure, but... can you say the same for Disney?
Would you say that... oh... FoP is worth the admission by itself?
Or do you pay to go to AK to ride that... and EE and Safari and walk the trails and eat the treats and see the sights?
So, I apologize in advance for the plethora of chapters this may entail.
Plethora away!
But, like many of you, I am grateful for trips to look back on and reminisce of happier, freer times of travel and enjoyment.
Very much.
As promised...

View attachment 484077

Thank you so much again, @Chrystmasangel !! I love it!
Very nice!

The famous, and very convenient, UniBoats were waiting and willing, and, gotta be honest here, UniWorld has Disney trumped by a factor of many here.

I've never used them, we have always just scooted along the path. Are the boats even accessible?

The quick, 15-minute journey was fun with a soundtrack of retro songs playing that everyone knows the words to. In fact, one of my favorite memories of the UniBoats was one trip from Portofino to CityWalk in which ‘Sweet Caroline’ came on and the whole boat of passengers started to sing it all together.

That sounds like a fun time.

The fast-walking ceased; the gawking began. Ho….lee…. crap! Is it fair to say that Disney was out-Disney’ed?!

I would say that's a fair assessment. Unidentified knocked it out of the park with HP land.

Of course like all banks, it was down when you need it. Like holidays, website issues, etc… But! Unlike most banks, it's guarded by a freaking DRAGON!

That is definitely a cool security force!

Having said that… I have a LOT more to share with you in my travels in Diagon Alley, let alone other areas of UniWorld that are fun, quirky, colorful, and zany.

Sounds good. You have a unique take on things and I enjoy your photos.

Diagon Alley in one word, is mind-blowing.

I just have time for a quick drive by today, but I have to agree. Diagon Alley was amazing. Hogsmeade too, but DA is just that much more authentic and I loved the secret entrance. So secret in fact that we walked right by it not really knowing where it was lol. Great pics BTW. I didn't even go on the ride, I just sauntered around and waited. Actually that's where I was when I got word that the world was ending and all schools were cancelled for the foreseeable future. It seemed even more surreal to find that out while in DA drinking a Butterbeer...but I digress. I love Disney too but UniWorld has done an amazing job with this and like you I would like to go back for more than one day next time!

I like the idea of staying at a Universal resort so that I could take the boat to the park. That is one of the things I like about the Wilderness Lodge - the boat ride to MK. :) I would love to see Diagon Alley and all the other Harry Potter stuff. I am a big HP fan. I know that I wouldn't ride most the the rides at Universal, though.
It's SO convenient and so quick. I just super loved this easy peasy way to get to the parks each morning and evening.

The rides are very different for sure and as you probably already know, a LOT more intense and a LOT more motion simulator heavy. I can only do so many of those before I get decidedly nauseous so have to pace myself and intentionally bowed out of some.

That makes sense. Not quite sure what you're doing, but understand the nuclear med part. (My oldest DD used to get nuclear cystograms.)

For the last several nights from 0000-0400 I've sat at a table at the front entrance and screened folks coming in, ER visitors, employees, etc.. take their temp, write down phone numbers, etc.... when not doing that, I'm on call for the recovery room every Saturday for 24 hours.

Interesting... I first pronounced it in my head like it rhymed with "vice"... then after I thought about it for a second, came up with the correct pronunciation.

I thought when I was planning I saw it on their website or another website anyway? I had to be schooled myself. ;)

I agree! While yes, I have, for some reason, incredibly good luck with Disney busses... I do know that's not the norm.
I loved the boats and never waited or not more than a minute or two.

You are the transport King, I'm never that lucky, but I think just the nature of Uni transport made it so convenient and easy. I wish Disney could duplicate! I was surprised for sure at the sheer number of boats running both night and day.

Although I've heard a couple people mention if they were staying at the Riviera you might have to wait for an empty gondola.
OH dear, that surprises me. Was it a high volume/ rush hour like a park closing or something? From what I read it's not quite as easy or quick for those with ECVs.

Oh that sounds fun! If I'd been there, I would've been singing too!

It was fun and I've NEVER seen that happen on any Disney bus or otherwise.

I liked City Walk, but prefer DTD. It's much smaller and didn't seem to have nearly as much to offer.

Correct. It's not a place I'd go over and over but DTD I certainly would. I have yet to even get to half the restaurants I want to at DTD and just LOVE the decor and theming. CityWalk IS fun to go to IF you are there and have an evening to kill. There is ONE restaurant I still want to go to for a re-do, but I'm getting to that. ;)

When I was there with Elle, the line was fairly long too. But it moved quickly enough that we were happy to have done it.
Not sure I'd do it again, though. If there was no line? Sure! But... worth waiting in line for... debatable.

I'm not a huge doughnut fan to begin with so it wouldn't be a big deal for me.

LOL!! Took me a 2nd read, but that's darned funny!

Same. While I never waited with the Express Pass anyways, it's still better to get in early.

The weather wasn't super hot, but those early mornings were just perfect weather-wise. And just not any crowds of riff-raff to deal with.

:laughing: You're mixing your Disney with your Potter... but! I think that'd be a cool costume to go there, in. I mean... why not???

Oopsies!!!

When the's 'ardly no day
Nor 'ardly no night
There's things 'alf in shadow
And 'alf way in light
On the roof tops of London
Coo, what a sight!
Though I'm covered with soot
From me 'ead to me toes
A sweep knows 'e's welcome
Wherever 'e goes

That's what came to mind when I wrote that. ;)

Definitely. And I've said the same.

I really need to go back. There's just so much more I want to see.

Nope. Doesn't offend. Because it's accurate. I suppose if you're a huge Star Wars fan and not as much (or at all) of a Potter fan, then you might disagree, but...
I thought it was much more impressive. I am glad, however that there are Stormtroopers patrolling at Disney. Otherwise it'd be even more of a blow-out. (one word.)

I think the level of detailing is just over and above. Lots of little trinkets and baubles to ogle at. Not to mention the wands. I want to get a wand and play!!!

I did see some costumed employees in witch-y and wizard-y stuff. So there is that.

I will! Not the hyphen... but the use of the word "of" twice.

:duck:

Of course it was you. :lmao:
I agree.
"real-time" does not mean the same as "real time"

Correct!!

Shame. Perfect opportunity for sashaying.

But... can you drink Butterbeer and sashay?

I dunno. There's a dragon lady at my branch...

Oh dear!! LOL!!! Does she breathe fire?

It's a great ride, isn't it? :)

I loved it! Next time, if there is one, I need to pay more attention to the storyline. I didn't realize that Bill Weasley was the one who narrates/hosts the ride. Had no idea!

Well... sure, but... can you say the same for Disney?
Would you say that... oh... FoP is worth the admission by itself?
Or do you pay to go to AK to ride that... and EE and Safari and walk the trails and eat the treats and see the sights?
Hmm, that is an interesting question. My dad certainly thought that Soarin' was worth it back when it was the better, California show. FOP? Hmmm, no, I guess not; maybe when it first came out and I'd not done it yet? Maybe? Certainly not now. I agree, I'd have to have a full day's worth of things to do like the animals, trails, etc... No, I don't throw in the Safari, but would trade that for a spell at the Nomad.

I've never used them, we have always just scooted along the path. Are the boats even accessible?

Yes, they are. I saw several get on. :)

That sounds like a fun time.

It was!!

I would say that's a fair assessment. Unidentified knocked it out of the park with HP land.

They really did! Over the top theming with so MUCH visual eye-candy.

That is definitely a cool security force!

I LOVE how it breathes fire every few minutes. So cool!!

Sounds good. You have a unique take on things and I enjoy your photos.

Coming up!!

I just have time for a quick drive by today, but I have to agree. Diagon Alley was amazing. Hogsmeade too, but DA is just that much more authentic and I loved the secret entrance. So secret in fact that we walked right by it not really knowing where it was lol.

LOL!! It's super easy to miss for sure. Very well disguised and tucked away, as it should be.

I didn't even go on the ride, I just sauntered around and waited.

There is so much to take in. I was VERY impressed with the storefronts, which my next update will focus on, and I think for those who aren't into the rides getting a wand would be uber cool!

Actually that's where I was when I got word that the world was ending and all schools were cancelled for the foreseeable future. It seemed even more surreal to find that out while in DA drinking a Butterbeer...but I digress.

What a bizarre turn of events you experienced that day. We all did, but being away from home would have been incredibly jarring and frightening. :hug: I'm so happy you could re-arrange your flights and get home safely. And... I got your PM, and will definitely reply, just stupid work hours that are all over the place and my sleep is being broken into 4-5 hour chunks now. I *think* tonight will be my last middle of the night shift for a while though, so hopefully can focus more than just on sleep/work/DIS a bit.

I love Disney too but UniWorld has done an amazing job with this and like you I would like to go back for more than one day next time!

I think next time I'd do exactly what I did this last time- 3 days total with 2 park days (which may turn into half park days) and one full day for pool hopping.

Great enjoyable trip report. God Bless all you Nurses and medical pros! Please stay safe out there.

Great enjoyable trip report. God Bless all you Nurses and medical pros! Please stay safe out there.
Why thank you!!! And a very heartfelt WELCOME to you!!! :welcome:

It's wonderful to have you join in and hope you'll pop in often to join the banter and chatter. :)

Doing our best to stay safe, informed, and ready. It's definitely a day by day, dynamic, evolving situation at EVERY medical facility including small hospitals and ambulatory surgi centers such as I work with and the large multi-unit hospitals. We're all just struggling to keep staff and patients safe with what we have and trying to be innovative as things change.

Alright Friends,

I've hit my wall. Time for a nighty-night so I can have a fighting chance of staying awake tonight. I am BEYOND grateful for the hours and will put up with most anything. LOL!

More replies on your threads soon... :)

For the last several nights from 0000-0400 I've sat at a table at the front entrance and screened folks coming in, ER visitors, employees, etc.. take their temp, write down phone numbers, etc.... when not doing that, I'm on call for the recovery room every Saturday for 24 hours.
Thanks for the clarification. :)

Please stay safe.
You are the transport King
You know... I'm not sure why... but I definitely am.
I think just the nature of Uni transport made it so convenient and easy. I wish Disney could duplicate! I was surprised for sure at the sheer number of boats running both night and day.
OH dear, that surprises me. Was it a high volume/ rush hour like a park closing or something? From what I read it's not quite as easy or quick for those with ECVs.
I'm not really sure, tbh.
It was fun and I've NEVER seen that happen on any Disney bus or otherwise.
Nor have I!
LOL!! Took me a 2nd read, but that's darned funny!
;)
When the's 'ardly no day
Nor 'ardly no night
There's things 'alf in shadow
And 'alf way in light
On the roof tops of London
Coo, what a sight!
Though I'm covered with soot
From me 'ead to me toes
A sweep knows 'e's welcome
Wherever 'e goes

That's what came to mind when I wrote that. ;)
I love that.
Next time, for MNSSHP, it might be fun to try to do a ghostly Bert (the sooty version... like he broke his neck falling down a chimney.)
I think the level of detailing is just over and above. Lots of little trinkets and baubles to ogle at. Not to mention the wands. I want to get a wand and play!!!
When I went to Uni Cal, Kay bought a wand. It was fun. :)
I did see some costumed employees in witch-y and wizard-y stuff. So there is that.
That's just it. It seemed like every CM (or whatever) in Potter land was dressed appropriately. That doesn't seem to happen quite so... immersibly in Disney.
But... can you drink Butterbeer and sashay?
Quite easily and comfortably, thank you.
Oh dear!! LOL!!! Does she breathe fire?
These arm hairs didn't singe themselves!
I loved it! Next time, if there is one, I need to pay more attention to the storyline. I didn't realize that Bill Weasley was the one who narrates/hosts the ride. Had no idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter