The ABC's of Trip Reporting- PLEASE JOIN US ON THE NEW THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget -- they always like to put 3-4-5 triangles on tests. One side has a length of 3, one has 4, and one has 5. (The good ol' A squared + B squared = C squared).

ETA: I should have pointed out that this makes it a "right" triangle. The angle between the 3 side and the 4 side has to be 90 degrees.

You're so funny!! And believe it or not, there wasn't a single geometry question! Which is really too bad, that was a tough class, but one of my better attempts at math. And right triangles being one of the few things I actually understood and did well at... proofs and corollaries on the other hand... :scared1:

good luck! "C" is my default answer when in doubt. ;)

Jill in CO

GACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Mark said "B". Good thing I used a few of each! :lmao:

Sorry I was behind again, but at least I'm caught up before you start the new thread.

Thanks so much for sharing your Christmas pictures. Your first Christmas back with family must have been so special. I hope y'all made lots of memories.

I had tears of joy while reading about Baker's expericence at Crystal Palace. Only in Disney!

Congrats on going back to school. My sister has gone back. She wants to be a Rad Tech. She started out small. First she had to finish up getting her associates then take some courses to get into the Rad Tech program. She's loving it! I know you'll make a great nurse. My Mom was a RN. Growing up everyone always said I should be on too, but I discovered in 4th grade my downfall for that ever happening. I pass out at the sight of blood:scared1:. To this day I still have this problem.

So glad you got all caught up! And just in time too, I think I'll start the new thread in the next day or so!

We did make a ton of special memories; some we'll never forget! :cloud9:

BREAKING NEWS!!

I DID IT, I DID IT!! I am smarter than a 5th grader- and scored well enough to get into the math class I had hoped to!!! I was totally freaking out that I might not score well, and have to add yet another term to the mix. YAYAYAYAYAYAY! :woohoo::woohoo:

Both of my sisters had that same problem of passing out at blood, but ironically, one turned out to be a dental hygienist, and the other an RN who works in the NutHouse, as she tenderly refers to her psych ward :sad2:. She's been physically attacked several times, and yet, still remains true to her calling. If they can do it, I know you can too!!!

:sad1::sad1: I've got a lot of fond memories of River Country...

You, and a whole lotta other folks!

You may think that's water in those various containers, but it's snot. (Second time I've used that joke today! :woohoo:)

:lmao::lmao: I've always loved that one; you can use it anytime here!

:eek: *shudder* I'm gonna have to get me a bigger grill.

Mrs. Knowitall wouldn't REALLY do that to you.

Would she?

Um...it was like that when I got here.

Woulda worked, except for the terrific crash it made when going down. :lmao:

smiley_puke.gif

My sentiments- EXACLTY.

Oh, my...somebody's trolling for comments here. So many directions this could go...

Who me?? :angel:

See! Even nature tries to warn you by preventing you from eating them.

As if the taste weren't ENOUGH??!! :rotfl2:

Well, I'm actually more of a road guy than a bridge guy, but I could probably come up with something that works if I had to. Bridges just look more impressive than roads. But you'd be surprised how complex road designs can get, too!

Let's leave the bridges to the guys who don't HAVE to. Roads don't fall down.

And I've been lucky enough to stumble upon both of them. :rolleyes:

I resisted the temptation earlier. Now I'll just say that I hope Brett Favre doesn't have Liesa's cell phone number.

Alright, now I've got my googling work cut out for me. I'll be back to either leave an LMAO or an "oh brother" later.

How do you think Mrs. Knowitall feels? I've been repeating the same jokes around her for 12 years now.

:lmao:

They're good ones- don't worry. And you'll know if you've hit the mark by the presence or absence of the green balls of death. And if she really thinks they all stink (your jokes) she won't even give you fake cheese sauce.

Mole Day? Shall I break out my dancing shoes? :lmao: I have to ask, what on earth would they do?? Mix this and that and make really cool explosions?? I hope so!

I am hoping that I get a really fun instructor who can make chemistry easy for me to understand and to "get it".

There's plenty of good stuff to do for Mole Day. Someone brings in Avagadro's GuacaMOLE and chips. And a cake with 602 on it. Tell a few silly science jokes. (Two Hydrogen atoms were walking down the street and the one says to the other, "Hey, I just lost an electron!." The other one says, "Are you sure?" and the first one says, "Yes, I'm positive.") Watch a few Youtube videos about Moles and it's almost as much fun as Ugly Sweater Day.

The Seeds tour sounds like fun for others. I can just imagine being the mom with the kid who broke the hydroponic tank. Definitely not going to take the boys on that one.

Awesome update Liesa!! Educational AND Entertaining. :thumbsup2

Awww, shucks, THANKS! Sometimes I wonder if I have TOO much fun writing them! :lmao:

There's plenty of good stuff to do for Mole Day. Someone brings in Avagadro's GuacaMOLE and chips. And a cake with 602 on it. Tell a few silly science jokes. (Two Hydrogen atoms were walking down the street and the one says to the other, "Hey, I just lost an electron!." The other one says, "Are you sure?" and the first one says, "Yes, I'm positive.") Watch a few Youtube videos about Moles and it's almost as much fun as Ugly Sweater Day.

The Seeds tour sounds like fun for others. I can just imagine being the mom with the kid who broke the hydroponic tank. Definitely not going to take the boys on that one.

OK, you have me convinced; that actually DOES sound fun! Corny jokes, guacamole- I'm liking this!! :cool1:

I think the tour would really be best suited for kids maybe 12 or older. Unless they are super interested in gardeing and able to be patient for an hour. And I too, can imagine it being one of my kids who'done that years ago- now, not so much. I loved the baby states, but glad I'm done with young kids now.

And if I'm a mere hour north of Eugene, that means YOU are a mere hour SOUTH of Salem- which means, you should think about coming to our MEET on April 1st!!!! I'll PM you my contact info :)

Sounds like a fun event!

And many congratulations to you for going back to school! I truly admire anyone who does. :worship: :cheer2: I took a certification exam a couple of years ago after being out of school for 13 years, and it took me quite a while to get my brain back into study mode!

Kind of like a kindergarten class and two blue crayons.... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sorry, that was worth repeating. :thumbsup2

Ladies, I just skimmed through the last few updates and wanted to say the following. Maroo, I totally get the important of Baker's connections and am so awed that he was able to have that at the Crystal Palace. It's awesome that some of the characters were really able to connect with him and he was able to have that experience.

Liesa, I'm so happy for you making the choice to further your education. It sounds like you've given it a lot of thought and a lot of prayer, and I'm glad for you. It may take 3 1/2 years, but it'll be sooo worth it.

:rotfl2: Great twist on the Behind the Seeds tour! Much more exciting then my boring take on it :laughing: So did a kid actually break the displays??? You're attention to detail and what was said was much better than what I could remember. Did you take notes or record what she was saying? Also, did you do the ladybug thing on the tour too?

Sounds like a fun event!

And many congratulations to you for going back to school! I truly admire anyone who does. :worship: :cheer2: I took a certification exam a couple of years ago after being out of school for 13 years, and it took me quite a while to get my brain back into study mode!

PM in its way about the FUN Event!!

My DH takes cert. exams once in a while and they can be greuling! I guess study mode IS quite different from "regular" mode; routine vs. powering through being in recall and thinking mode for 10 weeks at a time.

Kind of like a kindergarten class and two blue crayons.... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sorry, that was worth repeating. :thumbsup2

I knew there were at least a few young moms who could relate to that. ;)

Liesa, I'm so happy for you making the choice to further your education. It sounds like you've given it a lot of thought and a lot of prayer, and I'm glad for you. It may take 3 1/2 years, but it'll be sooo worth it.

I hope it will pay off in keeping me young(ish) at heart, and sharp, and able to get to my Happy Place.

:rotfl2: Great twist on the Behind the Seeds tour! Much more exciting then my boring take on it :laughing: So did a kid actually break the displays??? You're attention to detail and what was said was much better than what I could remember. Did you take notes or record what she was saying? Also, did you do the ladybug thing on the tour too?

Can you believe it?! Yes! A kid actually SAT on the styrofoam and broke it into several pieces. All the plants went flying and his pants were soaking wet! Funny and NOT at the same time. I did take some notes, but I guess more than that I was just interested in what she was yacking about- of course, the pix helped too!

The kids got to do the lady bugs and I remember being rather disappointed that the adults didn't get to also. Would have been a cool photo op! :headache:

good luck! "C" is my default answer when in doubt. ;)

Jill in CO

Whenever I was in doubt I quoted PYTHAGAROS!!! That might explain why I failed so miserably!!!As for chemistry/ Physics lessons the thing I remember the most is Daphne Peck caught her rag on fire and ran around the Chem. Lab hooting and hollering like a Wild Indian !!!:lmao:I also remember telling my Math teacher that I didn't care if 1 triangle equalled another !!:lmao: When she asked how I would ever know how much carpet I would need .. my reply Ask the Carpet guy !!!:rotfl2:I seem to remember time in the Principals office followed !!!:lmao:

HI Rosie!!

good to know your Pythorgorus stuff!! But better to know the carpet man. And hope they know their stuff!

I always have loved The Land, in fact, I think it might even be my favorite Pavilion there.

You must use a LOT of cheese sauce.

And if you use styrofoam, keep your kids away. :lmao:

I sure hope this is going to work out in the long run! I like a new direction too, but am just hoping I can remember how to study and take tests.

No cheese sauce, actually! I like to roast the b. sprouts in the oven with a little olive oil and a tiny bit of salt. Delish! But I am apparently in the minortiy here. :sad2: Oh, well. More for me! :rotfl:

And apparently you're doing just fine with the test taking. :thumbsup2 I decided to become a teacher after my undergrad and I was so nervous about having to take the first teacher cert. test. Luckily, I got an SAT waiver. I hate taking tests...and math. Oh, forget it. :goodvibes

No cheese sauce, actually! I like to roast the b. sprouts in the oven with a little olive oil and a tiny bit of salt. Delish! But I am apparently in the minortiy here. :sad2: Oh, well. More for me! :rotfl:

And apparently you're doing just fine with the test taking. :thumbsup2 I decided to become a teacher after my undergrad and I was so nervous about having to take the first teacher cert. test. Luckily, I got an SAT waiver. I hate taking tests...and math. Oh, forget it. :goodvibes

Yes, you are in the minority, I'm afraid. But like you say, more for you! I was thinking about something I'd be in the minority on... hmmm.... maybe spicy Indian? or Kim Chee? or Pickled herring?

I did fine- good enough is good enough. I was afraid I would add another semester and an additional $300 to my path had I not done well.

Maroo, it touches my heart that Baker was able to connect with the characters that way. His parents must have been over the moon. :goodvibes

Leisa, congratulations on going back to school and passing your test.

Yes, you are in the minority, I'm afraid. But like you say, more for you! I was thinking about something I'd be in the minority on... hmmm.... maybe spicy Indian? or Kim Chee? or Pickled herring?

I did fine- good enough is good enough. I was afraid I would add another semester and an additional $300 to my path had I not done well.

I love spicy Indian and Kim Chee!! But you can keep all the pickled herring you want... :eek:

Well done on your math exam! I am really not sure how much I remember of all the math I learned at school. Pythagoras is one thing, but give me sinus and cosinus (ok, just checked, you might call it sine function... :confused3)and I would be absolutely lost. Or a vector! :scared1: And I was a straight A student in math!

Good luck with your course, it sounds really exciting! I think it is nice that you get to go to college with your daughter! :goodvibes

what an awesome update at CP and great interaction with the characters, i am glad theytook the time to dothe meet right...and leaving us with the mother of all cliffhangers...i wonder what the surprise could be that she had in store for you.

way to go on going back to school.

and to think an innocent woman like you making a comment like that about the poor old banana tree.
:sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter