The Annual Pass thread - information and questions

I can't find where to renew online. not on dutch website and not on french website either
I could only do it on the French website. But I had forgotten, there is a 60 day period in which you have to exchange your electronic AP for the card at the Studios. I ordered my card late April, while my next planned trip was early July. So... I need to go on a quick day trip to make exchange it on time.

I could only do it on the French website. But I had forgotten, there is a 60 day period in which you have to exchange your electronic AP for the card at the Studios. I ordered my card late April, while my next planned trip was early July. So... I need to go on a quick day trip to make exchange it on time.
I think we need to plan a short trip, just to renew our passes. They expire July 16, so can't even make reservations for when Marvelland opens. They don't make it easy , do they? Just when I read an article that it takes 3.5 hours waiting in line to renew

I think we need to plan a short trip, just to renew our passes. They expire July 16, so can't even make reservations for when Marvelland opens. They don't make it easy , do they? Just when I read an article that it takes 3.5 hours waiting in line to renew
I am making this trip next week just to sort my AP stuff on a weekday. I do not want to think about the lines...
Also, keep in mind that the AP desk opens as of 12. In the morning these lines are used for Friend tickets

My experience today.
I arrived at the train station at 11.10, through security at 11.14 and went to the registers at the studios. There is a CM desk at the front of the line to split people with AP stuff and friend tickets. I was 4th in line.

At 11.30 they opened the queue part and we could walk a bit further and actually start queuing. Before that we just waited around the CM desk.

I do not know the difference but the AP stuff was split over 3 queues. My line to exchange my online purchase was the longest. 10 groups when they opened.

We opened early! Omg! At 11.51 the registers opened.

They opened 4 registers. 2 for my line and 1 for each other lines.

The people in front of me took about 10-15 minutes. I was done in only 3 minutes. I was alone, no details changed and I was fine with keeping my picture as it was.

Hello, it's been a few years since we had annual passes, does anyone know if any of the passes still include parking please?

Hi guys! It's been a while since we've had annual passes... easily 5 years or so! Last time we had them, I remember that a passholder could book a room just for them, and then you could add on additional room occupants (e.g. spouse, children etc) when you checked in, paying a small daily fee. Am I going bonkers or was this the case? I even think we did it once. Is this still possible with today's passes? My husband and I are thinking of buying the Magic Plus pass over the next couple of months as we have a few trips planned but not yet booked for next year - including taking our two nieces. Last time, I remember doing the sums and it was much much cheaper using annual pass discounts when travelling with non pass holders.

@Holstar Still true, you do have to pay tourism tax per person, about 2 euro or less per person per night. And then you add tickets for those who have no APs.

Hi all- related to the above, I am wondering is a DLP AP is worth it even if we just go once...?

Planning a trip 6/20-6/24 in 2023- five days, four nights and we have priced out the room/ticket package. We are arriving pretty late that evening of the 20th and leaving early on 6/24, which means that we are essentially paying for two days of tickets we won't use.

So, then, would it make more sense to buy the annual pass, get a steep (40%...?) discount for just the room and then use the 20% discount on one day tickets for the three days we need? We usually buy the Photopass+ in WDW so that would be an additional discount, too.

And the -15% discount at restaurants seems significant, but perhaps less than buying the meal package along with the room and ticket package.

Or maybe the room/ticket/meal package is better not just for the value (money) but also because of things I don't know since we haven't been to DLP before. I know going the AP & "a la carte" route sure is easier!

If anyone had advice, I'd surely appreciate it. Open to all sorts of hacks even if it takes more effort! Thanks!

I'm sure the answer is in the past 21 pages lol, but I'm hoping someone experienced can help explain how the annual pass works in my situation.
We are going to DLP next April for 6 nights and 7 days. We want to book a Compass Room for 4 adults at Newport Bay.
Is there an annual pass discount for this room? (I'd like to get the Magic Plus pass for our dates).
How does it work if I'm the only one with an annual pass? Do we have to get the room separately and buy separate tickets for everyone else?

We purchased annual passes, but for some reason they were unable to be mailed to us (CM said they had mailed them twice, but they were returned). He said we could pick up the passes at the ticket office outside the studios park. I'm imagining that not having the passes in hand will cause problems with trying to rope-drop the park on the first day. Does anyone know the hours of the ticket office? I'm hoping we could pick them up the evening before.

I'm sure the answer is in the past 21 pages lol, but I'm hoping someone experienced can help explain how the annual pass works in my situation.
We are going to DLP next April for 6 nights and 7 days. We want to book a Compass Room for 4 adults at Newport Bay.
Is there an annual pass discount for this room? (I'd like to get the Magic Plus pass for our dates).
How does it work if I'm the only one with an annual pass? Do we have to get the room separately and buy separate tickets for everyone else?
Hey there! To my knowledge all rooms can have an AP discount, the % depends on the pass and the time of year, crowd level etc. DLP doesn't communicate anymore the % you can get.
You do have to call to make the reservation, and then you can purchase tickets for everyone at the same call.

Hi all- related to the above, I am wondering is a DLP AP is worth it even if we just go once...?

Planning a trip 6/20-6/24 in 2023- five days, four nights and we have priced out the room/ticket package. We are arriving pretty late that evening of the 20th and leaving early on 6/24, which means that we are essentially paying for two days of tickets we won't use.

So, then, would it make more sense to buy the annual pass, get a steep (40%...?) discount for just the room and then use the 20% discount on one day tickets for the three days we need? We usually buy the Photopass+ in WDW so that would be an additional discount, too.

And the -15% discount at restaurants seems significant, but perhaps less than buying the meal package along with the room and ticket package.

Or maybe the room/ticket/meal package is better not just for the value (money) but also because of things I don't know since we haven't been to DLP before. I know going the AP & "a la carte" route sure is easier!

If anyone had advice, I'd surely appreciate it. Open to all sorts of hacks even if it takes more effort! Thanks!
DLP doesn't display how much discount you will get. It can depend on time of year, crowd level, hotel. Late June is basically Summer season, I wouldn't count on steep discounts.

I wouldn't call the a la carte route easier, because it means doing everything separately and the discount tickets for AP holder's friends can sell out.

Don't put too much worth on the photopass, there are hardly any photopass photographers in DLP. It's not much of a thing here. There are some rides, the picture with Mickey in the Fantasyland Theatre, the Princess Pavilion and usually 1 of the Main Street Characters in the morning. But there is no photographer on Main Street or at the hun to take your picture in front of the castle, at landmarks like in front of Big Thunder Mountain. It can happen, but it's definitely not the standard. Also Magic Shots are slowly finding their way to DLP, but can be seasonal activities.

What time is arriving late, and what time is leaving early?

I would add the option to check sites like Booking.com / hotels.com / trivago.com to look into buying hotel and tickets separately. It might not make a lot of difference, but maybe some.

We purchased annual passes, but for some reason they were unable to be mailed to us (CM said they had mailed them twice, but they were returned). He said we could pick up the passes at the ticket office outside the studios park. I'm imagining that not having the passes in hand will cause problems with trying to rope-drop the park on the first day. Does anyone know the hours of the ticket office? I'm hoping we could pick them up the evening before.
By heart I say 12pm - 3pm for AP stuff at the Studios.

Did you get some kind of digital copy, like a temporary bar code you can print and take with you?
When I bought my AP I got a temporary pass I could use to get into the park, I had to exchange it within 2 months of purchase to a phsyical pass.

Did you get some kind of digital copy, like a temporary bar code you can print and take with you?
When I bought my AP I got a temporary pass I could use to get into the park, I had to exchange it within 2 months of purchase to a phsyical pass.

No, I did not get any kind of temporary bar code. I did get the pass #'s that I could use to make park reservations, though. Perhaps I will call again and see if they are willing to try mailing them one more time, or provide a temporary pass.

I tried calling again and they were insistent that they could not mail them and I had to pick up at the park (somehow it was my fault that they did not arrive and I didn't call within the first month). He did say that the ticket office hours are 8:30 - 5, though. So we should be able to pick them up right at the start of early entry, if there are no hiccups.

I tried calling again and they were insistent that they could not mail them and I had to pick up at the park (somehow it was my fault that they did not arrive and I didn't call within the first month). He did say that the ticket office hours are 8:30 - 5, though. So we should be able to pick them up right at the start of early entry, if there are no hiccups.
Does anyone know if you are buying 5 annual passes for the same family do you still get 20% discount?

Just announced by DLRP: No more annual passes, only renewals for the time being.
Hopefully they come with a new program soon, and not like Orlando where they are unavailable for so long

Just announced by DLRP: No more annual passes, only renewals for the time being.
Hopefully they come with a new program soon, and not like Orlando where they are unavailable for so long
A week or so before the announcement I got a survey about my AP. What do I think of the benefits, do I feel appreciated enough, etc.

One of the topics was if I would like to be able to make hotel reservations with a discount online (Yes!) and the other if i want to be able to buy billet privileges and have them issued online (Yes!). Those two things are just annoying to do online.

As Disneyland Paris is mainly a local park with loads of French people in the area having an AP, I don't think they'll take that long.

My pass is expiring early June, so I expect my renewal offer any day (if they do it). Part of my next visit will be dedicated to renewing my AP. Last time my pass expired, and I just bought a new one on my next visit. That's not an option this time.

Does anyone know if it is possible to renew an Annual Pass on a restricted day? I know parking is not included, but can you still go up to the studios window and renew?
We've got the flex, and of course, the 14/15/16 july is blocked

And follow up question; you still need to do it onsite, correct? no renewal through online?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter