The Annual Pass thread - information and questions

https://www.booktickets.disneylandp...duct_id=3241&affid=SECUTIX&tduid=32454335543R

this is what i've come up with - i couldn't get anything on your link, it had timed out?

mine was pretty hard to find i have to say, but its still there, francillien can be ordered through the post, hidden away behind the fantasy and dream pass infor.

How confusing this is proving to be...
your link takes me to the French site for actually purchasing the passes online. I don't have a problem with this but would think I can't do it since I'm not actually in France...?
My link should have taken you to a form that I have taken a screen shot of to see if it is the right thing or not...

Sorry it's a bit small and blurry...but hopefully it is the right thing! Thank you for all your efforts to find it! :flower3:

yes - thats the right form - its giving you the option of which AP to buy, and you can send it off in the post :).

I emailed ce-multiavantages for more details about buying annual dream passes and Alice Dias replied with this:
Nous sommes désolés mais ne pouvons vendre en Angleterre.
(Sorry can not sell in England.)

Is this true? It seems like loads of you on this forum have had success. I basically want them to start in December.

Here were my questions:
How much will it cost? We also have a newborn (less than 1 years old on arrival) but are they free?
Do you sell/send the passes to the UK? If so, how does this work?
How do I pay for the annual passes and can we use them on the first planned day of our visit to the park? Do they start as soon as you enter the park for the first time?
How far in advanced can I book the annual passes?
Do you still get the EMH (Extended Magic Hours) with the annual passes?

I would really appreciate some help with this. Thanks guys!

I emailed ce-multiavantages for more details about buying annual dream passes and Alice Dias replied with this:
Nous sommes désolés mais ne pouvons vendre en Angleterre.
(Sorry can not sell in England.)

Is this true? It seems like loads of you on this forum have had success. I basically want them to start in December.

Here were my questions:
How much will it cost? We also have a newborn (less than 1 years old on arrival) but are they free?
Do you sell/send the passes to the UK? If so, how does this work?
How do I pay for the annual passes and can we use them on the first planned day of our visit to the park? Do they start as soon as you enter the park for the first time?
How far in advanced can I book the annual passes?
Do you still get the EMH (Extended Magic Hours) with the annual passes?

I would really appreciate some help with this. Thanks guys!

unfortunately cemulti stopped selling special offer price annual passes to non-French addresses at the end of 2013.

For a trip in December 2014, you don't need to be looking for APs until June at the earliest (as even if you do find an agent who will sell you a temporary AP to exchange for a full one at DLP, the expiry date of making it permanent is usually within 6 months of you ordering it).

My head feels like it will explode! We want to go for 4 days/5nights at Easter and have found a room at Sequoia lodge for £1670 (this is a Golden Forest room as that seemed to have worthwhile benefits but is £200 odd more than a more basic one?)

I am trying to work out if we can do it much cheaper by staying at eg the circus/castle hotels off site and buying annual passports ( it would seem that for the price of a 5 day ticket we may as well get annual passports which would at least give us the extra park hours and discounts on food etc.?)

Friends recently went and bought passes from Promoparcs but say that the offer of reduced price child tickets doesn't seem to be showing now, nor does the membership for €20. I have looked on CEM avantages site and can see an offer there. It looks like you become a 'partner' but there is no application form on the site, just a brief form that is emailed to CEM.

I presume you have to give a French address? I can possibly ask a friend if we can use her parents' one....

Can anyone help relieve my headache?! I would be soooooo grateful!

I bought tickets from CEM 3 weeks ago (resident in Ireland), we are not going until May, am I in big trouble here or will they be accepted at the gate?? Now im bricking it!! Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

My head feels like it will explode! We want to go for 4 days/5nights at Easter and have found a room at Sequoia lodge for £1670 (this is a Golden Forest room as that seemed to have worthwhile benefits but is £200 odd more than a more basic one?)

I am trying to work out if we can do it much cheaper by staying at eg the circus/castle hotels off site and buying annual passports ( it would seem that for the price of a 5 day ticket we may as well get annual passports which would at least give us the extra park hours and discounts on food etc.?)

Friends recently went and bought passes from Promoparcs but say that the offer of reduced price child tickets doesn't seem to be showing now, nor does the membership for €20. I have looked on CEM avantages site and can see an offer there. It looks like you become a 'partner' but there is no application form on the site, just a brief form that is emailed to CEM.

I presume you have to give a French address? I can possibly ask a friend if we can use her parents' one....

Can anyone help relieve my headache?! I would be soooooo grateful!

what dates are you looking at over Easter?

for both cemultiavantages and promoparcs, you need to have a French residential address to be able to buy their special offer APs now.

Full price APs, bought at DLP, are the same price for anyone aged 3 or over, adult or child. It depends if there are any blackout dates for Fantasy APs over your dates, whether you could buy them if staying offsite, or whether you'd need Dream APs. Have a look at DLRPMagic for their annual pass information :).

Hi

Does anybody know where or how you can now buy APs from in France?

I have bought from promoparcs before but they appear to be out of stock now? last week I emailed them, and they also say, they only sell to the French !

We need nine for a trip in May, there is a UK website that has popped up but I wanted to know if anyone knows how to buy from the French sites as they are much better value.

Please post or pm me

Many thanks,
Jit

Hi

Does anybody know where or how you can now buy APs from in France?

I have bought from promoparcs before but they appear to be out of stock now? last week I emailed them, and they also say, they only sell to the French !

We need nine for a trip in May, there is a UK website that has popped up but I wanted to know if anyone knows how to buy from the French sites as they are much better value.

Please post or pm me

Many thanks,
Jit

as far as i'm aware, now the only way to be able to use the French sites like promoparcs is to have a French residential address that you can register with them as a postal address.

Hi my friend lives in France and is willing to get annual passes posted to her for me. Just wondering can I book this end with my card details and give her address or does it have to be a French credit card that matches billing address? Also how much is it for annual passes for 2 adults, 14 year old, 10 year old, 6 year old and 1 year old through Ce-multiavantages or promo parcs for French residents?
Thanks.

Hi, Hoping somebody can help me with consistent information - like others have said I feel like my brain is going to explode. I am aware that the 'rules' have changed and CEM and Promoparcs will no longer post DLP annual passes to non French addresses. Lots of people on a popular travel review site are still buying tickets from them as I believe PP are offering e-tickets but to me I really don't want to risk that as this change has come from Disney. Only one UK person has actually been let into the park with this e ticket but this was the week after the changes so did they just take pity on them? I really do not want to risk getting there and find out my €300 + order is invalid for the sake of saving the €60.

We wanted the dream passes but if we could order the Francillen ones beforehand we could work around the blackout dates. Is there no way we can buy these (even through Disney) before we go? I am trying to limit the time we have to wait at the AP desk. If I can't get a AP ticket before we go, do I just buy a one day hopper on the gate to be allowed into the park - go straight to the AP office - do they then take the cost of that hopper off my AP? I have also emailed DLP about this directly and will report back as it seems there is a lot of mis information about AP's being bandied about at the moment :)

Hi Tink,
Buying the cheaper special offer Annual Passports is indeed more difficult now. One of our forum posters bought them from Promoparcs as e-tickets and exchanged them with no problem, but they had already paid the joining fee before the rules changed. They were a bit concerned about changing them, but the CMs in the AP Office were not worried about how they had bought them, and the fact they were not French or living in France.
Now Promoparcs have a much higher joining fee, and have said this is really for French companies and their employees to buy the cheaper tickets.

CEMulti-avantages can also no longer post the cheaper special offer tickets or APs outside France, and will not accept payment for these with a non French bank or credit card. One of our posters joined CEM and asked for the tickets to be posted to a friend in France, (to be sent on to them) but then received an email from Alice Dias saying she was cancelling the order as they had not paid with a French card. She can sell the ordinary priced park tickets and APs to people living outside France, but not the special offer ones.

So I think the only way around this is for a friend or relative living in France to join CEM and buy the tickets / APs, paying with their own card, then posting them to you when they arrive. As they are not e-tickets, they are not named (nominatif) so should have no problem using them to enter the park and exchange at the AP Office.

The problem is buying them, not exchanging them, as far as we can tell so far.

Yes - if you buy a one day ticket at the park entrance they will deduct this from the cost of your AP if you buy one on the day at the AP Office.

You can be sponsored by another AP holder to get 10% off, or get 20% off if buying 5 or more APs for family members living at the same address.

It is also worth checking this site

www.discount-ticket-store.com

Would be useful to know if anyone else has some alternative suggestions. Losing the option of buying the special offer tickets and APs from Promoparcs or CEM has been a big blow to many people.

Hi Tink, Buying the cheaper special offer Annual Passports is indeed more difficult now. One of our forum posters bought them from Promoparcs as e-tickets and exchanged them with no problem, but they had already paid the joining fee before the rules changed. They were a bit concerned about changing them, but the CMs in the AP Office were not worried about how they had bought them, and the fact they were not French or living in France. Now Promoparcs have a much higher joining fee, and have said this is really for French companies and their employees to buy the cheaper tickets. CEMulti-avantages can also no longer post the cheaper special offer tickets or APs outside France, and will not accept payment for these with a non French bank or credit card. One of our posters joined CEM and asked for the tickets to be posted to a friend in France, (to be sent on to them) but then received an email from Alice Dias saying she was cancelling the order as they had not paid with a French card. She can sell the ordinary priced park tickets and APs to people living outside France, but not the special offer ones. So I think the only way around this is for a friend or relative living in France to join CEM and buy the tickets / APs, paying with their own card, then posting them to you when they arrive. As they are not e-tickets, they are not named (nominatif) so should have no problem using them to enter the park and exchange at the AP Office. The problem is buying them, not exchanging them, as far as we can tell so far. Yes - if you buy a one day ticket at the park entrance they will deduct this from the cost of your AP if you buy one on the day at the AP Office. You can be sponsored by another AP holder to get 10% off, or get 20% off if buying 5 or more APs for family members living at the same address. It is also worth checking this site www.discount-ticket-store.com Would be useful to know if anyone else has some alternative suggestions. Losing the option of buying the special offer tickets and APs from Promoparcs or CEM has been a big blow to many people.

Thanks again Figgy - you've been so helpful :) I feel this post will help others too as it's gotten a bit confusing around the CEM/PP issues. It's a shame there is not another option or offer for UK residents and other European residents!

I bought my tickets and posted them to France at the address I was staying at from CEM. I am a US citizen and had no problem exchanging it at the AP office or with my U.S. based credit card back in March after the rules changed but before the real crack down. The issue lies with selling as others have said since I think Disney is getting mad at them for selling discounted tickets to people who don't meet the criteria, such as giving a senior rate for people who aren't seniors. If you are not a citizen of France or have a friend who is who can legitimately by tickets then I would not try it now as we all know now it is officially breaking the rules. In fact I was so stressed out about it before I left I wish I would have just bought them another way. It wasn't worth the discount though we loved the flexibility of the annual pass.

The best bet is to find a person who can sponsor your pass or buy them through another website at a smaller discount. Someone else can confirm this but I thought they offered 10% discount for outside of France at CEM. That may have been just a past or sometime discount though.

The best bet is to find a person who can sponsor your pass or buy them through another website at a smaller discount.

We're looking to buy 5 APs. I think we'll have to purchase them through DLP at this point right? Do I get a discount from DLP if I have a sponsor? How do I find a sponsor?

The best bet is to find a person who can sponsor your pass or buy them through another website at a smaller discount.

We're looking to buy 5 APs. I think we'll have to purchase them through DLP at this point right? Do I get a discount from DLP if I have a sponsor? How do I find a sponsor?

If you all live at the same address you get 20 percent off your AP family discount.
He's the sponsor thread.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1104480
There's also one on trip advisor

If you all live at the same address you get 20 percent off your AP family discount.

Do you need to bring proof of address or anything with you? DH and I don't have the same surname but the kids have both names - would we need our marriage cert?

Do you need to bring proof of address or anything with you? DH and I don't have the same surname but the kids have both names - would we need our marriage cert?

You will need proof of address for you both
and the kids long birth certificates.

ILOVEDLP said:
You will need proof of address for you both
and the kids long birth certificates.

OK, even if I have their passports? I'm just making my packing list so can add the certs folder but don't fancy trekking around France with all of our official documentation unless absolutely needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter