"The Calm Before The Storm" Tour (Part 18)

2BoysMum&Dad

Mouseketeer
In my hand-written notes I made at the end of Friday 23rd July, I spookily gave the day’s report the heading “The Calm Before The Storm”, only because it was the day before we flew out to Florida and didn’t think at the time it was really a very good or apt title. I have decided to name all the parts of my trip report “The Calm Before The Storm Tour”, in honour of the climax of our trip - Hurricane Charley which gave us an extra day in Florida.

Monday 9th August

THE CAST

Sergeant Major Zoe “You WILL enjoy yourselves”
DH Trevor “I am NOT going to like this”
Birthday Boy Michael (aged 10 to 11)
“Why” to everything Piers (aged 8 and a bit)

Up until now, I have managed to write notes about the day’s events every evening without lapsing and I definitely don’t want to lapse now even though my bed is sitting directly in front of me looking extremely inviting. It is sometimes difficult enough to remember exactly what we did at the end of the day, so trying to remember at the end of the following day would be next to impossible!

We didn’t get up particularly early today but we did stay at SeaWorld until 7pm. We generally didn’t find SeaWorld as hard going as the other parks, you don’t have loads of queues for most attractions. SeaWorld seems to consist mainly of shows (rather than rides) where there is plenty of seating. First port of call was the dolphin show with girl volunteer and her “mother”, very good.

Time for the Shamu show again (saw it yesterday too) and videoed most of it this time. I videoed the whale show in SeaWorld in San Antonio (in Texas) a few years ago and I thought it would be great to have a recording of this one too.

Just as the show finished, I was tapped on the shoulder. Who could this be? Surely not Earthbound, he’s not here until Wednesday. No, it was a friend from school called Debbie! She works at my children’s primary school and has had children there herself. Debbie said they were on holiday further west (on the coast I think) and were flying home on Friday. She was only here by sort of accident, don’t know what she meant by that, but it was great seeing a familiar face so far from home (and she only lives a few hundred yards from me). I still haven’t found out if she actually managed to fly home when she was scheduled to do so as Friday was the day of Hurricane Charley.

Off for lunch and we went to the Voyagers Wood Fired Kitchen. The kids meals came in plastic killer whale lunchboxes again and we ended up with a total of five of these things! After lunch we head off for the shark encounter. Loved this, would never tire of going through those tunnels surrounded by fish and sharks.

The boys played on the bouncy castle then the wet play area and the rope netting playground for quite a while. Then we went to see a sort of aquatic themed dancing show at the “Nautilus Theater” before heading out of Seaworld. It was now getting quite late, about 7pm, and we drove back to CBR. It started raining quite heavily before we got to the car and we got rather soaked.

We had a meal in our room and then drove off to Wal-mart to collect some pictures which we’d had developed of the DIBB Meet and to get my latest collection of digital pictures developed and put onto a CD. Unfortunately, we discovered we couldn’t get the digital pictures developed when we got there because the Kodak self service machine wasn’t working and I didn’t trust the staff with the task of developing pictures from my memory card! So we’d have to find somewhere else.

Big day for Michael tomorrow, his birthday. We’ve booked one of the lifts in the Towerrrrrrrrrr of Terrorrrrrrrrrr Fourrrrrrrrrr for the whole day just for him. He’ll be allowed a five minute break every hour. :D :D

Time for bed. ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter