The DIS Dad's Club X: Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not big on speeches. How ever I would like to take this 1,000th post and say thank you to all of the great friends I have made here in the DDC !!! There have been many posts and speeches about the great Dads in this unique club, so I dont have to repeat any of that. I just want to say Thank You for sharing your Disney addiction with me!!!:thumbsup2

Great 1,000th post! I plan on making mine in the next DDC or so!

I am not big on speeches. How ever I would like to take this 1,000th post and say thank you to all of the great friends I have made here in the DDC !!! There have been many posts and speeches about the great Dads in this unique club, so I dont have to repeat any of that. I just want to say Thank You for sharing your Disney addiction with me!!!:thumbsup2

Congrats on the big M! It was as good a speech as any, Carl! :thumbsup2

Congrats on the 1000. Well said!

Thanks for the congrats everyone! First of all I want to thank God, my creator and the reason I'm here. Thanks to my wife for putting up with my Disney addiction and for being a wonderful mother to our son who I'm sure will follow in my footsteps down the path of Disneymania.

It was a hard fought battle today and I put a good game plan together. I just had to go out there and execute it and just hope all the pieces fell into place. When I had to leave for lunch, I really thought it was going to slip away, but then when I came back in the 4th quarter, it was obvious that I was still right there in the hunt. I had to get my head back into the game and stick with it. Stopher baited us into thinking he didn't care about closing threads anymore, but when you have a perennial championship caliber competitor like him, you've always got to bring your A game to compete.

Thanks everyone, this is a proud moment, but I'd like to announce my retirement from future final post competition. If I do compete in the future it will be recreationally in the pro-am circuit. This competition really took a lot out of me and I'm not sure I could ever go through it again.:thumbsup2

Thats was............beautiful man. I told myself I wouldnt cry.........

I placed an order for some pj's for the kids this morning and just got the email that it shipped already. Is it really that slow in the online ordering world?

I placed an order for some pj's for the kids this morning and just got the email that it shipped already. Is it really that slow in the online ordering world?

Well, last Monday I ordered a gift card from them and it took 2 or 3 days before they shipped it. It was for Mothers Day and I finally got it on Saturday.

Congrats, and with this post, I'm a quarter of the way there...

Oh cool, Phineas and Ferb are on!

Nicely said Carl!

Thanks for the congrats everyone! First of all I want to thank God, my creator and the reason I'm here. Thanks to my wife for putting up with my Disney addiction and for being a wonderful mother to our son who I'm sure will follow in my footsteps down the path of Disneymania.

It was a hard fought battle today and I put a good game plan together. I just had to go out there and execute it and just hope all the pieces fell into place. When I had to leave for lunch, I really thought it was going to slip away, but then when I came back in the 4th quarter, it was obvious that I was still right there in the hunt. I had to get my head back into the game and stick with it. Stopher baited us into thinking he didn't care about closing threads anymore, but when you have a perennial championship caliber competitor like him, you've always got to bring your A game to compete.

Thanks everyone, this is a proud moment, but I'd like to announce my retirement from future final post competition. If I do compete in the future it will be recreationally in the pro-am circuit. This competition really took a lot out of me and I'm not sure I could ever go through it again.:thumbsup2
LOL... Congrats Andy!!!! :thumbsup2 <--- Thumb!

Playoffs?! PLAYOFFS?! Dont' talk about...playoffs?! You kiddin' me?! Playoffs?
Best quote EVER!!!!

Well put!!!

Oh well, I'm off to work again. Have fun kids!

Congrats on 1,000! I'll meet you there in a few years (unless we close down a thread everyday for a month or so)...

BEVERLY! The doctor's office is running over 30-minutes behind schedule! It's more like an ADR than an actual appointment.:mad:

:worship::worship::worship:

Congrats my fellow Hoosier

Hoosier.... :lmao:

Sorry... I will always think St. Louis hoosier... (and referenced in my Trip Report)

*from Wikipedia*

In St. Louis, Missouri, the word is used in a derogatory fashion in similar context to "hick" or "white trash".[2]

Thomas E. Murray carefully analyzed the use of "hoosier" in St. Louis, Missouri, where it is the favorite epithet of abuse. "When asked what a Hoosier is," Murray writes, "St. Louisans readily list a number of defining characteristics, among which are 'lazy,' 'slow-moving,' 'derelict,' and 'irresponsible.'" He continues, "Few epithets in St. Louis carry the pejorative connotations or the potential for eliciting negative responses that hoosier does." He conducted tests and interviews across lines of age and race and tabulated the results. He found the term ecumenically applied. He also noted the word was often used with a modifier, almost redundantly, as in "some damn Hoosier."

In a separate section Murray speaks of the history of the word and cites Baker and Carmony (1975) and speculates on why Hoosier (in Indiana a "neutral or, more often, positive" term) should remain "alive and well in St. Louis, occupying as it does the honored position of being the city's number one term of derogation." A radio broadcast took up where Murray left off. During the program, "Fresh Air," Geoffrey Nunberg, a language commentator, answered questions about regional nicknames. He cited Elaine Viets, a Post-Dispatch columnist (also quoted by Paul Dickson), as saying that in St. Louis a "Hoosier is a low-life redneck, somebody you can recognize because they have a car on concrete blocks in their front yard and are likely to have just shot their wife who may also be their sister."[2]

Randall,
I see you will be in Disney on the 19th of july. How long will you be there for?

Hoosier.... :lmao:

Sorry... I will always think St. Louis hoosier... (and referenced in my Trip Report)

*from Wikipedia*

In St. Louis, Missouri, the word is used in a derogatory fashion in similar context to "hick" or "white trash".[2]

Thomas E. Murray carefully analyzed the use of "hoosier" in St. Louis, Missouri, where it is the favorite epithet of abuse. "When asked what a Hoosier is," Murray writes, "St. Louisans readily list a number of defining characteristics, among which are 'lazy,' 'slow-moving,' 'derelict,' and 'irresponsible.'" He continues, "Few epithets in St. Louis carry the pejorative connotations or the potential for eliciting negative responses that hoosier does." He conducted tests and interviews across lines of age and race and tabulated the results. He found the term ecumenically applied. He also noted the word was often used with a modifier, almost redundantly, as in "some damn Hoosier."

In a separate section Murray speaks of the history of the word and cites Baker and Carmony (1975) and speculates on why Hoosier (in Indiana a "neutral or, more often, positive" term) should remain "alive and well in St. Louis, occupying as it does the honored position of being the city's number one term of derogation." A radio broadcast took up where Murray left off. During the program, "Fresh Air," Geoffrey Nunberg, a language commentator, answered questions about regional nicknames. He cited Elaine Viets, a Post-Dispatch columnist (also quoted by Paul Dickson), as saying that in St. Louis a "Hoosier is a low-life redneck, somebody you can recognize because they have a car on concrete blocks in their front yard and are likely to have just shot their wife who may also be their sister."[2]

For future reference please see Indiana Hoosiers - 5 time NCAA Mens Basketball Champions - Last team to run the table and go undefeated from beginning to end. Also, it means us folks from Indiana, including those who support Pur..., I mean Pur.... oh Beverly I can't even saying it without gagging :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter