The Dis Goes to Italy 5/24 - 6/1/2012 Viva Italia!!!!

I told you something that was true before.

It's not true anymore.

The new truth?

The December 15th, 2013 Backstage Magic has sold out.

Wow, that's great! Sounds like you have a great group going! How bad of a mother am I that I want to get my kids to college ASAP so I can go on more Dis ABDs??? Of course, the youngest is in 1st grade so it may be awhile...I guess I will just have to make up for my neglectful mother thoughts by planning more family trips to WDW or cruises.

Laurie

Okay....I hate to be Captain Obvious, but you didn't take the John and Kevin tour of Florence. You stayed at the Prison.:rolleyes1

And.....when you did get to Florence, you spent a great deal of your free time wedged between an inner and outer dome of the Basilica.:scared1:

We need to go back and make up for this really bad first date. Florence didn't even stand a chance.

Come back to Florence with me and I'll introduce you to Tony One. That will fix everything.;)

Fly with Kevin, it's the only way to travel!

Following Kevin assuring me that there are no prison visits scheduled for the December trip - I too have signed on for the Christmas trip. Heather - bring your sunflower, I live to see further closed stores and restaurants.

Matt

Matt's Coming! Just getting out of Australia is such an adventure I can't wait to see what else you come up with

My bank account is going to be so empty next year...but can't tell you how excited I am.

So broke.......

:goodvibes It wasn't evil. You are just looking out for our well-being. Can you imagine our state of mind if all of you were at Disneyland without us?

Severe depression followed by medication. Sad, sad, sad. If you think about it, this is actually much cheaper!

I have to tell you, December at DL was awesome when I did this tour in 2008. I am sure the tour is MUCH better with all the stuff they tweaked over the years

This makes me happy to hear. One thing I don't want to do is oversell it to myself. :goodvibes

I had the same experience that you did, Lauren. Before the trip, many people told me Florence was their favorite, even over Venice. I loved the David, Tony One's place and the museums, but Florence did not wind up as my favorite. It may have been the limited time. Since I've been home I've talked to several people who didn't care for Venice (!!) which seems incomprehensible to me, so who knows what a second experience could bring.

Onward with the evil (super cool Christmas) plan!

Now I loved Venice! Though I did decide if ever a place had vampires in it, it was totally Venice.

Wow, that's great! Sounds like you have a great group going! How bad of a mother am I that I want to get my kids to college ASAP so I can go on more Dis ABDs??? Of course, the youngest is in 1st grade so it may be awhile...I guess I will just have to make up for my neglectful mother thoughts by planning more family trips to WDW or cruises.

Laurie

Not a bad mother at all! And just remember, they can always stay with relatives or strangers off the street. It'll teach them self reliance and to grow as people! :rotfl:

Hello all Italy adventure friends ... I have to say,I've been away from the boards for a few days and it seems like a LIFE TIME .:hourglass
It's so difficult to keep up with you all between June 2012 to Dec 2013 or is it Dec 2014 ?? I thought I had it at one point !!:crazy2: but then I lost you all again :crazy2::crazy2::faint:.

Anyway
I have a question ?? Of the adventures who gave Marco a Post Card to mail ( and I saw him go into the Vatican Post Office trailer :rotfl2: ) Did anyone that you mailed it to ....ever Get It ?

I mailed it to myself and I haven't received it yet .. I know postcards are 2nd rate mailing maybe 3rd rate in Italy......but I thought 3 weeks should be enough ... Oh My has it been 3 weeks that we have been apart ... :grouphug:

Would appreciate hearing if anyone received the Post cards or not .

Hugs :wave2:

The postcard did not arrive. I sent it to my parents and I'm sure they would have said something if it had arrived. It does seem that three weeks should have been enough time.

I feel so bad to report that I sent six postcards with Marco and they all showed up within a week after we got back. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your postcards find their way home! :flower3:

I feel so bad to report that I sent six postcards with Marco and they all showed up within a week after we got back. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your postcards find their way home! :flower3:

We received our postcard about a week afer we got home

:sad1: No Postcard for us either ...

But the good news is - Dino and I are going to do Podcast cruise 4.0 :cool1:
:beach:

Just waiting to hear back from Tracey

:cheer2: Great !!:cheer2: That is terrific ! So very glad to hear that . :grouphug:

I wonder when we can start making dining table arrangements with Tracey :duck: ....
Who else from Italy is going on PC4 ?

:cheer2: Great !!:cheer2: That is terrific ! So very glad to hear that . :grouphug:

I wonder when we can start making dining table arrangements with Tracey :duck: ....

I'm planning to send my request for 4.0 to Tracey on Friday. :cheer2:

:grouphug: So glad!

We are!

Drink the kool aid, drink, drink!! :joker:

Y'all know Tracey's going on PCC 3.0 which leaves on Sunday...this coming Sunday.....right?:scratchin

You're going to make that "sweet" little Canadian's head explode.:lmao:

Especially the part about setting up dining for 4.0.:duck:

I'm thinking that maybe....just maybe....you might get a friendlier response if you waited until her feet are back on dry land.:goodvibes

What Kevin said--I am losing my mind this week!!!

If you want to book 4.0, get me those requests by tomorrow. I can hold it for a couple of days. I leave Friday.

For dining....honestly that you want to do much later. Like after final payment has been made and you have booked Palo, shore excursions etc. If too many resrevations are linked, you will be locked out if someone else is in the reservation.

I have also had it happen for 3.0 that people have linked, unlinked and relinked as friends book and cancel or friends become non friends :)

After final payment everyone is pretty well settled and going. There is no advantage to linking early!

Anyway
I have a question ?? Of the adventures who gave Marco a Post Card to mail ( and I saw him go into the Vatican Post Office trailer :rotfl2: ) Did anyone that you mailed it to ....ever Get It ?

I mailed it to myself and I haven't received it yet .. I know postcards are 2nd rate mailing maybe 3rd rate in Italy......but I thought 3 weeks should be enough ... Oh My has it been 3 weeks that we have been apart ... :grouphug:

Would appreciate hearing if anyone received the Post cards or not .

Hugs :wave2:

No postcard here either!

Jason

Here's my journal pages for Venice. I only have Rome left for these.

1Venicecopy.jpg

VVeniceJournalingcopy.jpg

And I didn't want Kevin and John to get away without seeing my Hilltop Prison layouts. One persons hilltop prison is another persons day to relax and take photos! Interestingly Jeri has shot down my doing a layout of the dinner entertainment. He asked me if I could do it without any photos of the animal/wig heads, and I said that would kind of defeat the purpose of recording the evening since that's what happened. So he said he didn't think my scrapbook would be lacking anything without those photos! :lmao:

AArtiminocopy.jpg

AArtiminoBigPhoto.jpg

I sent my Vatican postcard to my mom who promised to report when it arrives, and it has not shown up yet. I sent postcards from Venice which arrived within 7-10 days of my getting home.

Lauren, as I look at your scrapbook pages, I know I am justified in thinking that DNA testing would show that you have EXTRA creative genes!

So remember that food tour we went on??!!!??? Does anyone happen to have any photos at all of the food stuff? Mine were all dark and blurry. I don't know what was going on there. Maybe I wasn't awake yet. I have great cemetery photos but that's it. If anybody else has any photos though and wouldn't mind emailing them, that would be greatly appreciated! :goodvibes

And we've finally reached Rome! And the last of the journaling pages! :goodvibes Trying to make so much you want to say fit into such a tiny area is really hard. Talk about rewrites!

1Romecopy.jpg

RRomeJournaling1copy.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter