The Disgruntled "Bride" & Bass-Ackwards "Groom"

tinkerkel2u

Mouseketeer
Okay, first off, let me explain, to my great frustration, we are not engaged yet. :confused3 However, I’ve been given the green-light to start planning our wedding! :confused: Arrghhh!! According to my DFF (Dear Future Fiancé) he will not propose until he can get me a ring. However, we’ve already picked a date, and a place. Hence, the title of this Planning Journal!

Actually, I don’t have much to “plan”, we are going very simple and casual, with only four of us….me, DFF, DS (15), and DS (18). Small, intimate, and best of all, fun! Me and DFF had a romantic :love: week at WDW and US/IOA last month (while kids were with SOB-X). It was so much fun, so honor of those great memories, we have decided to get married at *Top Secret* in Orlando. I’ll tell you all where later. I’m afraid if I let the cat out of the bag, other people will try start calling the manager, and he will decide that it’s more trouble than it’s worth!

So, here’s the plan….Travel on Friday, arrive on Saturday, “Mandatory Fun Day” at US/IOA on Sunday, get hitched on Monday, Boys fly home on Tuesday, DISNEYMOON till Friday, and last but not lease a 3 day Bahamas cruise till Monday.

I went shopping in Saint Louis on Saturday before I picked up my DS (15) from the Airport. (We live in the middle of nowhere, Missouri, so we have to drive thousands of miles just to go to the airport). Anyway, between all the great end of Summer Sales, and no-tax weekend, I found a beautiful dress (white cotton, v-neck/back, cinched waist) at Macy’s for only $39…oh, and a white strapless cotton dress with eyelet around the top and scalloped on the bottom for $26 :banana: (I couldn’t decide which I wanted, so I bought both, hey they were marked down enough I could do it)!! I also found a beautiful Tommy Bahamas silk “Hawaiian-Type” shirt for DFF. His shirt was $120. Something’s wrong with this picture when the groom’s wedding attire is more expensive than the brides! In the spirit of being married at *Top Secret*, we had decided to dress tropical-ish, so I’m going to order a real-orchid lei to wear that matches his shirt.

So, I thought I’d join your group here to help plan our wedding and Disneymoon. (And maybe help me pick out which dress to wear!)

Oh yeah, we are getting married on May 4, 2009. The lines should be short (we wanted to go between school’s Spring and Summer breaks), and the weather pleasant!

Here’s hoping that he’ll propose soon! In all honesty (and I told him this too), I’d prefer just a wedding band. Notice I didn’t’ say a “simple” wedding band? I found a beautiful one by Van Creynest I love. I wonder if he decides to get it, if I’ll have to wait for the wedding ceremony for him to propose?

I love my Bass-Ackwards Groom! :love:

It sounds like it will be lovely with just the four of you - very intimate :lovestruc

DFF needs to propose soon!! :thumbsup2

And...May 4th...great date! (My 21st bday in 09 :thumbsup2) - You might get a lot of people saying 'may the fourth be with you' though :confused3 ;)

Anywho...welcome!

Can't wait to see your plans :goodvibes

Kayleigh

That's very exciting!! Can't wait to hear your plans and find when he finally pops the question!

And...May 4th...great date! (My 21st bday in 09 ) - You might get a lot of people saying 'may the fourth be with you' though

That is too funny Kayleigh!! :rotfl: I may have to have that inscribed on his wedding ring, that way he'll never forget our anniversary!

That's very exciting!! Can't wait to hear your plans and find when he finally pops the question!

Thank you Indybride! Believe me, when he finely proposes I'll be shouting it from the rooftops! It's just unsettling making plans without the "official" proposal. I understand him wanting to wait until he has a ring, as he's an old-fashioned guy...but it's very frustrating!

I definately know how you feel! We planned our whole wedding and he still didn't pop the question until two months ago. And he just now finally told his family.

Congrats on planning though....and he will ask.

Does his family know your getting married? Have you decided how BIG the wedding is going to be?

Thanks for stopping by Risnsun!

Does his family know your getting married? Have you decided how BIG the wedding is going to be?

We haven't told our family yet...not because we don't think they'll approve, but because it's not "official" official. :confused3

I did tell my son's though, who are the most important. It was funny, when I was driving home with my DS (15) on the way home from St. Louis, I told him "You know, me & Gregg felt so guilty going to WDW and Universal without you boys, we decided to make it up to you." When he asked how, I said, "We are going to take you and Jonathan to Universal next May". So he's all excited, but somewhat suspicious. He asks me, "Are we driving, or are we flying?". I told him, "We are driving up, but you and Jonathan are flying home". He's like "Huh?, what about you and Gregg"...I say "Well, the rest of the time is going to be our Honeymoon." :rotfl:

He flipped out.."Really?!"...I'm going, "Yep!", then he tells me he's so happy, he thinks he's going to cry! :rotfl2: Which of course, then I got all teary because I know he approves.

Anyway, our "wedding" is going to be very, very, very small! Just me and Gregg and my two sons! We've both been married before, and rather spend the money on a nice honeymoon than the hoop-la of a huge wedding! Not that huge weddings aren't wonderful! We just want simple and fun!

Welcome!! Can't wait to follow along with your plans!!!

Hmmm.....a secret ceremony place?? I'm intrigued!! ;)

Okay, first off, let me explain, to my great frustration, we are not engaged yet. :confused3 However, I’ve been given the green-light to start planning our wedding! :confused: Arrghhh!!
:love:

I hear ya on this one...My DFF has allowed me to get my tiara (a ridiculously embarrassing expense) but no ring. An entire wedding planned...No date or ring...We have the ring picked out...it's just not on my hand...we battle over silly things like wedding bands....Cakes...He is even into details...I don't know if this is good or not yet...:rotfl:
I just tell people that we have a Pop Up Wedding...He gets around to asking...I make a phone call and POP! The whole thing goes into motion...

Meanwhile...I sit and wait.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one and I'm in good company! Looking forward to reading your journal...I'm afraid I'll jinx something...Which would be silly...but a girl has to hold onto some superstition or something... :lmao:

Congratulations!

When you have time, we want pictures of you and your sons! And of course, your DF.

So exciting, enjoy every second! My DH nd I found each other when my DDs were 13 and 11. It is a little challenging growing a relationship and life with those teenagers who know so much more than we do!

Luckily your sons are as clever as my daughters, and know a good thing when they see it!

Your plans sound perfect for you. I can't wait to find out about your secret location. And I hope he pops the question soon!

Hi Guys! Sorry I haven't been around for a while...I'll explain why in a little bit. Anyway, I had to hijack my own thread here (This is Tinkerkel2u). I try to log in, and it works, but for some reason it won't let me post. :confused3 I swear, I didn't post anything offensive! :rotfl: Who knows how this computer stuff works? I think something happened when I changed my password. Heck if I know!

I've been a bit of a Dis-Hermit lately, but I'm finely over my funk. I hope in this posting, everybody who reads it can take home a little from it.

2 1/2 weeks ago, I got a phone call that my recent mammogram had two "suspicious" spots on it. Of course I freaked out, and they couldn't get me in for two weeks for followup. :sad2: I can't tell you how many times I kicked myself in those two weeks for NEVER having a mammogram before (I'm 49, and WAY past the age where you're suppose to have them every year) I just knew because of my neglectfulness that I wrote my own death sentence...at a time time that is suppose to be the happiest of my life! I couldn't post anything (I didn't want to bum everybody else out during there happiest time) and I cried for two weeks straight. I can't tell you how many times I "died" of breast cancer during those two weeks!

Now for the GOOD news, I went for a followup, and after further tests, was told it was NOTHING. ("dense" tissue) :dance3: NEVER again will I skip any tests!! So please, please, please, if nobody ever gets anything else from this post, please don't ever not get checkups you should get! I will never skip another pap, mammogram, and even the dreaded colonoscopy that is suppose to be done next year when I turn 50. :scared1:

So, now I'm back, and in planning mode again....with a new siggy too (still can't figure out that one!)

BTW, if I wasn't already in love with my DFF, I would be head-over-heels now...he was a ROCK during the whole scare. I honestly don't know how he could stand being around me, much less offer all the support he did.

Okay, first off, let me explain, to my great frustration, we are not engaged yet. :confused3 However, I’ve been given the green-light to start planning our wedding! :confused: Arrghhh!! According to my DFF (Dear Future Fiancé) he will not propose until he can get me a ring. However, we’ve already picked a date, and a place. Hence, the title of this Planning Journal!

:

We started planning our wedding before the proposal as well. He proposed when we were at Disney a few weeks back. I really only want a wedding band anyways. When DF got to Disney, we went and bought a silver Mickey ring to wear until the wedding. He proposed a few nights later.

I can't wait to hear about your secret location. Glad everything is ok too!

I'm glad you're ok!!!

Thanks Megkate, I learned a valuable lesson!

We started planning our wedding before the proposal as well. He proposed when we were at Disney a few weeks back. I really only want a wedding band anyways. When DF got to Disney, we went and bought a silver Mickey ring to wear until the wedding. He proposed a few nights later.

I can't wait to hear about your secret location. Glad everything is ok too!/QUOTE]

Me too! I think he wants to give me an engagement ring, more than I want one...though I'm always game for a little bling! :rotfl: We settling for getting the engagement ring that matches the band I wanted, so it'll have a bigger diamond, and then use my grandmother's wedding band. Maybe get the matching band for an anniversary down the road. I will post a pic of the ring as soon as he finely proposes!

Glad you are back, and glad you are ok!! What a scary situation! Glad your future fiance was there for you too!!

So did he propose after all this drama?? ;)

So did he propose after all this drama??

Are you Kidding?! I thought maybe the sympathy factor would kick in, but he's the eternal optimist (which is one of the many reasons I love him)..."It's going to be okay, Babe, we're going to get throught this together". If he had of proposed, I'd been more scared! :goodvibes

I think we find out a lot about the strength of a relationship in times of stress and uncertainty and worry. I am so glad you found that he'll be there for you in good times and hard times, if you weren't already certain of that. More importantly, I am SOOO glad you are healthy. :) Now, enjoy the planning! :goodvibes

I think we find out a lot about the strength of a relationship in times of stress and uncertainty and worry.

You are so right kennercam! We've definitely seen each other at our worse!

I really don't have too much to plan, though I'm enjoying (and slightly envious) reading all the Dis Bride journals. Our ceremony is going to be very simple. I'm kind of torn between two possible wedding sites. I can get married at the Gazebo at the Shades of Green resort on the World (and they only charge $125!) but don't know if I even want to hassel with decorating the Gazebo, and take away from family time. I don't know if I'm lazy, or devoted to my family! :rotfl2:

The other site is a fun place at Citywalk at Universal (shhhhhhhh!) No decorating necessary. I need to make up my mind!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter