• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Edison, Terralina Crafted Italian, or Enzo's Hideaway

3littlecuties

DIS Veteran
We were late booking dining for our thanksgiving trip and choices are limited. If you had to choose between these 3, which would you pick and why?

The Edison
Terralina Crafted Italian
Enzo's Hideaway

Alternatively, Raglan Road has availability as well but we've eaten there many times.

2 adults, 3 children (12, 10, and 8) Kids aren't picky

No idea if you are using DDP, TIW, or OOP... but have you considered Shula's at the Dolphin? Best known for Steak & Lobster... but betting they are going to have one VERY nice Thanksgiving offering :). Il Mulino at the Swan has the BEST Italian Food on property (saw you listed Italian at DS).

BOTH Restaurants can be booked through Open Table, or DIRECTLY....

The only 1 I have experienced of the 3 that you are asking about is the Edison. Unfortunately, the food was only so-so and the service wasn't much better. I had ordered salmon and it came overly cooked ( to the point of crunchy in spots ) and my husband had a steak ( which was also overcooked - he ordered it medium and there was no pink at all ). The atmosphere was fun but for the price we had much better meals for less.

And the only one I have experience with is Terralina. I enjoyed it, my meal was yummy (can’t remember what I had but it was a pasta dish with seafood). I have heard some of the basic dishes aren’t that great, like the Bolognase, lasagna - but no personal experience with it. Should note I would pick Raglan Road over it for the entertainment.

No idea if you are using DDP, TIW, or OOP... but have you considered Shula's at the Dolphin? Best known for Steak & Lobster... but betting they are going to have one VERY nice Thanksgiving offering :). Il Mulino at the Swan has the BEST Italian Food on property (saw you listed Italian at DS).

BOTH Restaurants can be booked through Open Table, or DIRECTLY....

We have TiW. I guess I should have mentioned that we were planning on spending that evening is DS so was hoping to pick something there.

We have TiW. I guess I should have mentioned that we were planning on spending that evening is DS so was hoping to pick something there.

Ohhhhh - GREAT on TIW, but WATCH OUT... a LOT of DS Restaurants don't honor TIW :(. Both Shula's and Il Mulino DO honor TIW... they don't bother with DDP.

Current data for TIW accepted and DS:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/restaurants/tables-in-wonderland-restaurants/

Disney Springs – The Landing

Disney Springs – West Side

Disney Springs – Town Center

There IS a DS Bus to/from Swan & Dolphin.... fairly short ride? :).

Ohhhhh - GREAT on TIW, but WATCH OUT... a LOT of DS Restaurants don't honor TIW :(. Both Shula's and Il Mulino DO honor TIW... they don't bother with DDP.

Current data for TIW accepted and DS:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/restaurants/tables-in-wonderland-restaurants/

Disney Springs – The Landing

Disney Springs – West Side

Disney Springs – Town Center

There IS a DS Bus to/from Swan & Dolphin.... fairly short ride? :).
I can’t help myself.
Dean Marino - WHY do you PUSH Shula’s and Il Mulino EVERY TIME someone asks a question. I get you love them and that is great. BUT

Have you considered Il Muliano at the Swan/Dolphin?

For other options try open table which has many more options than Disney is going to give you For restaurants at Disney springs.

As for why some of us suggest restaurants that are not owned and managed by Disney or subject to the limitations placed on them by agreeing to limit themselves to the reimbursement they can get on the Disney Dining plan? perhaps because we discovered there actually is good food that you’re not being ripped off on. I’m over the pay more to receive lsubpar food that Disney seems to think we should accept.

Have you considered Il Muliano at the Swan/Dolphin?

For other options try open table which has many more options than Disney is going to give you For restaurants at Disney springs.

As for why some of us suggest restaurants that are not owned and managed by Disney or subject to the limitations placed on them by agreeing to limit themselves to the reimbursement they can get on the Disney Dining plan? perhaps because we discovered there actually is good food that you’re not being ripped off on. I’m over the pay more to receive lsubpar food that Disney seems to think we should accept.

N/M, misunderstood what you posted.

Last edited:
While I did not try Terralina I always enjoyed my meal when it was Portabella BUT as time went on and they started accepting the DP they did take the spice out of everything which made me not enjoy it as much-- Hence the reason I did not try it under the new name as the menu remains a lot the same but the prices went up a lot... I would believe the food to still be enjoyable... The Edison well it is a basic menu so why pay the price they ask unless you want the entertainment which is latter anyway... Look at the menu's at Terralina and Enzo's find the one that has what you would like the most and eat there I doubt you will find either to be a bad choice....I always ordered the Rigatoni at Portabella all of my family enjoyed eating here and different things at Enzo's the Lasagna was very good..... And neither is owned by Disney just like the other places at the Swan and Dolphin so you can expect better quality than Disney owned places... and while the places at Swan and Dolphin are good you will not be paying for the chain name associated with them as we do here in NYC where neither is considered to be the go to place and in fact low on the list.

Soooooo.... see posts above, all excellent :). Dear wife and I wanted the new DS offerings to be WONDERFUL :).
Ehh - they are mostly duds :(. No real "fine dining" :(. Mostly fakes :(. We were not angry - just disappointed :(.

So please? Think about that Swan-Dolphin bus? Get OUT of the parks, or DS, if you want great dining?

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

There are many new restaurants at Disney, and though we still enjoy our "old favorites" like Raglan, Il Mulino, Rose & Crown, we're taking the opportunity of possibly making new favorites. We've done Wine Bar George twice, small menu, really good food, well executed and the service improved from the 1st time. Frontera Cucina by Rick Bayless was so good, we will go again. So, I have a reservation for Maria & Enzo's in November, because what draws me to Enzo's Hideaway, the Sunday supper where you can bring your own bottle of wine, is only available on Sunday, lol . We also have reservations at the Edison, one meal, what does it hurt to try something new.

Last edited:

Tables in Wonderland is blacked out on Thanksgiving, if you are asking about the actual day. So don’t pick based on using that.

We ate at Terralina 2 weeks ago, we both had the spaghetti with bolanase sauce & were disappointed. The caprese salad was good, bread was too. Haven’t eaten at the others. Good luck deciding.

I booked both Enzo's Hideaway and The Edison for my trip next week. The theming appealed to my DS 18, and DS 13. We are staying near Disney springs, and there was literally nothing else they were excited about. There are some great YouTube videos out that helped me make my decision.

If none of the three options are exciting to you though, keep checking the reservations available a few times a day. I have found even up to the evening before, there are cancellations for some restaurants I wanted to book with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter