The Entertainment book

colaz

Earning My Ears
I'm sorry...I tried to do a search, because I'm sure it has been talked about on here. I can't get my search to work though.

I have been looking on Mousesavers and I was wondering how good of a deal is the entertainment book (it sounds like there are so many great discounts on motels and restraunts)... is that true? I tried to look at the entertainment book website, but that doesn't seem too clear. Does anyone on here have it?

Would it be worth spending $20 (mousesavers said they will give 50% off) on the book?

Would it be better to order the book on-line, or can it be something we could pick up at the L.A. airport?

Thanks for any help!

If you are staying offsite and will have transportation, it could be a good deal. Or maybe even either one of these conditions would still be worth spending $20. Previous posters indicated they saved money by getting the book. (We are staying onsite and will not have transportation, so not so good for us.)

There are usually some good deals on things like hotels and car rental in the E book. You dont have to have the one for LA to get those discounts, you can have one from your local area, so that you can use those coupons as well. The biggest problem is finding hotels (like hojo's) that have E rates available when you need them. Most of them only have a few rooms and they fill up quickly.

I would recomend calling and asking about the rates and see if your dates are good. If so, order a book and make your reservation! We've had the local (seattle) one a couple times and had coupons / card for discounts on meals, our local zoo, movie tickets, etc. Movie tickets were a really good price- like $6, instead of the normal $9.75 each.

To use the search function at the E book website you have to register and log-in. Not sure if you can register, unless you already own a book.

Once you are registered and logged-in, click on CHANGE LOCATION and put in the address of your DL accomodations. Then when you click on ALL CUSINES under the DINING list, it will list all the restaurant offers, based on proximity to your hotel.

One thing to remember is that the coupons are mostly 2-for-1 which means if there are 5 in your family, only one of you will get a free meal per coupon. We use the E book a lot, but I wasn't terribly impressed with the offers for the DL area.

As far as the hotels discounts go, you should be able to look them up on the E book website for your dates, if you are registered and logged in. The prices I found there for our June trip were no better than what was available at other discount websites, and I ended up booking a 2 bdm. family suite directly with the Doubletree for $119 a night.

Sometime, between now and June all the E books will go on clearance for $10, so you might want to wait if your trip is after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter