The Erin, Luke, Stacey and Dave Fan Club

You got my vote on that one as well. Luke used to annoy the heck out of me but I think he was reaching the intended audience. Together they painted a very clear picture that Disney was for everybody.

Then came the standing in the clouds angelic CM's ready to open a vain for anyone that needed the Disney Magic. It made a handy thing if I needed a nap or wanted to feel like I was at a funeral parlor. :rotfl: I'm at the age where people standing in clouds loses a little of it's charm, IYKWIM.:littleangel:

I agree!
Yes, Luke could be a little annoying, but it was fun to say his lines with him (like with Top 7 Stacy) "We don't need no stinkin' gravity!"

I didn't get the whole bench-sitting Dave thing, but I really liked Stacey and Erin. You did get to see them running around WDW, having fun, so it was enjoyable to watch.

The new one for 2011, I'm not wild about. THe host is lovely and I'm sure she is doing the job just as directed, so nothing against her. But hosting from....where? Her living room? Between the set and her very matter of fact delivery, I feel like I am watching a commercial for air freshener during her segments. Whoever is behind these segments may have been the marketing genius that toned down Stacy in the Resort must-do loop.

I agree!
Yes, Luke could be a little annoying, but it was fun to say his lines with him (like with Top 7 Stacy) "We don't need no stinkin' gravity!"

I didn't get the whole bench-sitting Dave thing, but I really liked Stacey and Erin. You did get to see them running around WDW, having fun, so it was enjoyable to watch.

That one is easy...he represented those of us that are laid back, enjoy the ride segment of Disney lovers. It's a vacation and he wants to relax whenever he can. He did not go park commando. People watching is an adventure in itself.

That one is easy...he represented those of us that are laid back, enjoy the ride segment of Disney lovers. It's a vacation and he wants to relax whenever he can. He did not go park commando. People watching is an adventure in itself.

Oh, I totally get what that Dave enjoyed that, and I love bench sitting and relaxing at WDW myself. I just didn't need to actually watch him sitting on a bench for a fair percentage of his segments. He could be anti-commando but still do a variety of relaxing things that get people excited about taking the trip. More of the recreation-type things that he did.

Anyway....it no longer matters now. But that has been my favorite one of the Trip-planning videos/dvds so far.

Love them.

It's fun watching Erin's career really take off. She's in Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 now. :) But with every part she gets, the likelihood of her doing a new planning video gets lower and lower.

I love Dave's sarcastic type of humor. He's fun in that satellite ad, too.

Oh, I totally get what that Dave enjoyed that, and I love bench sitting and relaxing at WDW myself. I just didn't need to actually watch him sitting on a bench for a fair percentage of his segments. He could be anti-commando but still do a variety of relaxing things that get people excited about taking the trip. More of the recreation-type things that he did.

Anyway....it no longer matters now. But that has been my favorite one of the Trip-planning videos/dvds so far.

OK then...more basic...he was the comic relief. :rotfl:

I have to admit a little guilt here. When that video first came out I, and I suspect others, were so turn off by Luke that I actually sent an e-mail to Disney about it. I don't know what I was thinking at the time. Just wasn't being flexible I guess. Anyway, hopefully, my complaints coupled with others didn't influence how Disney did their planning videos because after seeing the ones that followed, I surely regret my misplaced judgment. I will admit publicly that I was wrong. Hear that Disney, go back to the good video's. I'm OK with it.

my favorite disney dvd!
does anyone know the full names of the cast? would be fun to see if any of them are doing anything else.

My very first Disney trip was in 2005 and my kids and I watched that video over and over and over again to get exicted for the big adventure. It will always have a special place in my heart. I still have it and we watch it every so often. It's truly the best DVD I've seen so far. Fun and informative with lots of shots from around the resort. It always pumped us up. The news ones are a huge snore fest. I miss the old gang.

My first Disney trip was with that dvd as well. I was 29 and on my honeymoon. Dave was my guy. I was just coming off of a life-altering injury....crushed tibia femur. Needless to say, I knew where all the benches were! :worship::rotfl2:

Anna

That is still our favorite planning video to watch. Just watched the newest one and it almost put me to sleep.

To one of the other posters, Erin is really Erin's name. She has been in several tv shows; CSI Miami & Grey's Anatomy as well as BHC2.

Suzanne

that was my first planning DVD to see and it is still my favorite. We watched it the night before we left for our honeymoon and had so much fun planning our trip.

I love all the hosts and my daughter is in heaven when we watch it.

It's still my favorite. I hope I still I have it. This years is a snoozefest. I liked when Erin was wearing the Goofy hat (I think, I haven't seen it in years). I saw Erin on House, too. I even posted it on here, but I don't think I got a response. I remember before she got tv roles, she was on a Ruby Tuesdays commercial as a waitress. I guess she was my favorite. Luke didn't annoy me that I can remember and Dave sitting on the benches was kinda cute. And Stacy was a perfect mom type.
I really miss that DVD!!!

Luke was my favorite! i wonder if hes up to anything. Anyone know how to get their names?:confused3

All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not the only Disney geek who loves the planning videos.

Hands down, the Erin, Luke, Stacey and Dave video was the best produced, but my personal favorite is the Year 2000/Millennium Celebration video. I have it on VHS so it's worn and scratchy-looking now, but for sentimental reasons plus the Illuminations music in the background, it's my most loved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter