The first trip of a lifetime trip report - day 12

jothp

Going to wash my car in honour of the mouse.
Day 12 - Sunday 23rd August - Kennedy Space Center (or was that Epcot?) Part 1

Today we were meant to be heading off to the Kennedy Space Center. We headed off more or less on time and had no problem finding our way. We were just about 10 minutes away when the awful thought came over me that the tickets were still in the safe at OKW. :eek: A few minutes of cursing myself later we were on our way back to WDW. :confused3A bit of last minute rearranging of plans we decided on Epcot for today and arrived in the car park about 10.30. Whilst Olie was driving back I had managed to get us FPs for Spaceship Earth so we headed straight there. Next up on the FP list was Figment so we made a small detour to club cool on the way there. On the journey I had also changed our Chefs de France lunch from Wednesday so we walked round to France from Figment. I had booked this restaurant because Harriet loves quiche and it was on the menu here. None of us really loved the food to be honest but our sever was very friendly and attentive. :goodvibes We left the restaurant and made our way hastily back to test track as I had managed to score us a FP for this too. I couldn't get us a time all together but I was lucky enough to be able to get 5 different slots that had a 10 minute overlap. pixiedust:

We all loved this ride. :goodvibes

By the time we finished on test track we were all getting tired so we headed back to OKW, getting a quick photo of the 5 of us on the way out.

Last edited:
Part 2

This evening we had a reservation at the yachtsman steakhouse. After a little mishap with the directions we were parked in the Yacht Club. This was our favourite meal of the entire trip. The food was perfect and our server was lovely. There was no problem with the girls having fries instead of whatever variety of potato came with their dish and even though Robyn and Hattie had adult meals on the dining plan he told us there would be no problem with them having the children's desert. What I couldn't get over was that he just kept thanking us for being nice. :goodvibes I wouldn't have said that we were any nicer here than anywhere else we go but I do try to teach the girls that they should use good manners when ordering and receiving food. The sad thing was that it just seemed like he wasn't used to people being polite. :confused3 At the end of the meal he gave each of the girls one of the tinkerbell glow clips which was very kind of him and made them so happy. :goodvibes We went back to OKW feeling very contented and very full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter