The first trip of a lifetime trip report day 14

jothp

Going to wash my car in honour of the mouse.
Day 14 - Tuesday 25th August - Kennedy Space Centre

Today was the day for our rearranged trip to Kennedy after I forgot the tickets on Sunday! :confused3 We finally left a bit later than we were hoping for at 8.30 after Hattie had a strop when I told her that a pretty ankle length dress wasn't the right outfit for todays activity. As is always the way when you are running late the car also needed fuel so our first stop was the petrol station. We finally arrived at the car park at about 10am after an uneventful journey and were able to go straight up to a window to exchange our tickets with no problems. :goodvibes

Ollie was keen to do the mission briefing and there was one starting at 10.30 so we made that our first port of call. We then went over to the 11.00 showing at the imax theatre. By the time it finished we were all feeling rather hungry so we stopped off in the cafe for lunch. $75 for a round of burgers and drinks made us very glad to have DDP. Next up was the bus tour. We had a short wait for a bus but were soon on our way. I don't think the girls found the bus tour particularly interesting!

They did enjoy looking around when we got off the other end though. :goodvibes They enjoyed finding the signs to read about all the different Apollo missions, I thought it was a shame that some of the signs were actually in the cafe area as you had to walk around people eating to be able to read them. Ollie loved this part and spent a long time talking to a member of staff about engines whilst I was occupying the girls.

Once Ollie was done we hopped on a bus back and visited the space shuttle Atlantis exhibition. I think this was the part of the day the girls enjoyed the most and we spent a good while here.

We stored our things away in a locker and went in to do the shuttle launch experience but Evie chickened out at the last minute - I think all the warnings about how intense it was scared her a little but in reality the others said it wasn't bad at all. We got to watch the others on a little tv screen before being reunited at the exit.

Now the girls were all complaining of being hungry again so we spent another $30 on a couple of drinks and some snacks to share. Ollie left us finishing off the snacks and went to browse the rocket garden. I took the girls outside to wait for him and they played for a while in the play area even though the older two were really a bit old for it. Ollie joined us from the rocket garden, he had really enjoyed looking around but found it a bit uncomfortable being out in the full sun.

We spent the last part of our day at journey to Mars before leaving about 6.30pm. Before returning to OKW we stopped off at POR to grab a cs meal from the food court. We found there to be a good choice. I did get a funny look when ordering my fussy youngest daughter a pasta with broccoli and peas - no meat and no sauce! By the time we got back it was gone 9pm so the girls had a quick swim in the dark before falling asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter