• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The first trip of a lifetime trip report day 16

jothp

Going to wash my car in honour of the mouse.
Day 16 - Thursday 27th August - Hollywood Studios part one

Today we were back to being up bright and early as we had an 8.00 breakfast reservation at H&V. In hindsight this wasn't the best plan so late on in the holiday but we managed to drag ourselves out and were the 2nd car in the car park at 7.30. We were let in shortly before 8.00 and made our way to the restaurant. A few families were seated before us but it wasn't long before our name was called. This wasn't one of our favourite meals as it didn't seem to be as well organised. By 8.45 we had all eaten our fill but had only seen 2 of the 4 characters. We could see that Doc was nearly with us so made the decision to wait for her meaning we missed rope drop. Sofia came and went but there was still no sign of Jake so we made our way out.

We had 9.00 FP for TSM for Evie and I and RRC for the other 3 so we used those first. Hattie hadn't been able to find her pin yesterday as all the pin stands around the world showcase were covered to protect them from the rain. When we met back up I noticed she had a beaming smile and a shopping bag - she had found the pin. :goodvibes Next we headed into the queue for the great movie ride. Evie got selected this time to hold the red ticket to measure the queue length. This seemed like a very slow moving queue and I have to confess that I don't remember much of the ride - I think the early morning was taking its toll.:rotfl2:

Next we found ourselves a spot down by star tours to wait for the frozen parade to start.

The next stop was our 11.05 FP for the 11.30 Frozen singalong. Robyn had decided by this point that she hated frozen and was refusing to come in with us. All of the rest of us wanted to go so we left her on a bench with strict instructions to stay put until we returned which was nearly an hour. :sad2:
As we came out it was just starting to rain so we ran to our star tours FP+. By the time we came out it was tipping it down in classic Florida style so we waited in the shop with half the rest of the park. It clearly wasn't going to stop so we decided it was time to make a dash for the exit.

Part 2

We slept until about 3pm before an hour and a half in the pool for the girls supervised by Olie. I spent the time beginning the long task of packing for our return home. :( We still had a couple of days yet but I made a start on the things that had been washed and we wouldn't need again.

We got ourselves ready and headed back to Hollywood studios as our last attempt to see fantasmic had been rained off and it was the one nighttime show we hadn't seen yet. We had managed to pick up an extra fastpass for the first show before we had headed home earlier.

Our first stop was shopping so Robyn could buy a bag she had seen earlier in the trip. We hadn't eaten since breakfast so our next stop was ABC commisiary for food. We went straight to use our FP.

I really enjoyed this show and it ended up being one of my favourites.
After it finished we followed the crowds out of the theatre and caught the end of the frozen fireworks. Hattie and Robyn took a couple of spins on RRC using the single rider line (Hattie seems to have got herself involved with pulling silly faces with the other people in her car!)and then we made our way back to OKW feeling slightly sad that we had seen Hollywood Studios for the last time this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter