The Fort is getting a makeover

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicforever

Mouseketeer
You guys probably know this.....but I ran across a blog post from March 15th. It is from Attractions Magazine's blog. Thanks to those guys who run the magazine for keeping us posted. I am excited about the water slide! :cool1:
"An outdoor adventure that has been a favorite with Walt Disney World guests since 1971 is receiving some enhancements. As part of a resort-wide renovation project, on now, changes are coming or already in place across the 700 acres of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground.

“Over the last 37 years, the average length of an RV has increased by 27 feet,” says Fort Wilderness spokesperson Darcy Cormier, “Many feature ‘slide outs’ that mechanically extend from the sides of the vehicle.”

To address the needs of today’s larger vehicles, an intensive effort will begin to widen and lengthen the concrete parking pads, while maintaining privacy and tranquility provided by natural vegetation. A new “Premium” campsite will be available that feature extra large concrete pads for larger vehicles - also upgrades to existing amenities such as picnic tables and grills.

The main pool at Fort Wilderness will be enhanced with a themed water slide, hot tub and children’s wet play area. The pool’s deep end has been made shallower.

Nestled in the woodlands, the Resort’s 409 Wilderness Cabins feature brand-new furniture, carpeting, fixtures and linens – plus a fresh coat of paint.

Fort Wilderness has always been the pet-friendly choice for guests to Walt Disney World Resort, and now dogs are getting a playground of their own at the newly-opened Waggin’ Trails Dog Park, an off-leash play area."

Yo Disneycampers, ya need to cut that barrel just a bit closer. Not a bad looking quarterhorse from what I can tell of the picture.

Anyone heard anything about when the pool renovation will start? I'm just hoping it isn't closed while we are there.

I've got a great theme for the new hot tub from Petticoat Junction.

petticoat2.jpg

petticoat1.jpg

Even if this was widely known, I still want to hear it as often as possible. Thanks.

I could care less about the slide, but HOT TUB!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

I'm going to have to keep down the number of folks I allow to share my site in tents so I can fit in 1500 from now on!!!!

I hope it's a 50 person hot tub otherwise we'll never get in when we visit. Even at 2am the pool is packed with the younger crowd and you just know they'll all cram into the hot tub. :grouphug:

I don't care for "people soup", but the slide will be fun! :goodvibes

By the way :-)offtopic:) - speaking of hot tubs - did you all hear on the news about the 3 people that contracted Legionaires disease from a hot tub at a Quality Inn near Universal recently?? Yuck! I do not like public hot tubs!! (ask me how I really feel, LOL)

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled thread....

did you all hear on the news about the 3 people that contracted Legionaires disease from a hot tub at a Quality Inn near Universal recently??

I use the hot tub at the gym all the time, but they use so much chlorine that it's even hard for the drunk otters to survive in it.

At SoG in January, the hot tub was hotter than any I've ever been in before. I thought I would parboil. I mentioned it to one of the attendants and the thermostat was broken so they had to replace it!

there was a college kid i saw on the news that almost died from a broken thermostat at an apt complex in tampa....3rd deg burns on 90 percent of his body...it was awful

You guys probably know this.....but I ran across a blog post from March 15th. It is from Attractions Magazine's blog. Thanks to those guys who run the magazine for keeping us posted. I am excited about the water slide! :cool1:
"An outdoor adventure that has been a favorite with Walt Disney World guests since 1971 is receiving some enhancements. As part of a resort-wide renovation project, on now, changes are coming or already in place across the 700 acres of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground.

“Over the last 37 years, the average length of an RV has increased by 27 feet,” says Fort Wilderness spokesperson Darcy Cormier, “Many feature ‘slide outs’ that mechanically extend from the sides of the vehicle.”

To address the needs of today’s larger vehicles, an intensive effort will begin to widen and lengthen the concrete parking pads, while maintaining privacy and tranquility provided by natural vegetation. A new “Premium” campsite will be available that feature extra large concrete pads for larger vehicles - also upgrades to existing amenities such as picnic tables and grills.

The main pool at Fort Wilderness will be enhanced with a themed water slide, hot tub and children’s wet play area. The pool’s deep end has been made shallower.

Nestled in the woodlands, the Resort’s 409 Wilderness Cabins feature brand-new furniture, carpeting, fixtures and linens – plus a fresh coat of paint.

Fort Wilderness has always been the pet-friendly choice for guests to Walt Disney World Resort, and now dogs are getting a playground of their own at the newly-opened Waggin’ Trails Dog Park, an off-leash play area."

I was just in the Orlando area a few days ago and I took a trip into Fort Wilderness. I did see the new doggie park but did not notice any work by the main pool. I did notice the openess of all the loops as a result of all the underbrush clearing. It was sad to see because now the sites no longer have any sort of privacy as they used to have in past years. That was one of the things that separated Fort Wilderness from other campgrounds. I hope it grows back real fast. We have our next trip sceduled for this August.

Ah, a hot tub - yet another bathing choice at FW. If the showers are busy, I can now bring my frankensoap to the Meadows pool and have a nice hot bath. Don't forget to bring a towel!

Gee, I personally would like to know which loop is gonna be the new "premium" loop and will it be pet friendly? Not that I'll need it, but don't want to lose my now favorite 800 loop to the upgrade either, cause' you know it will also cost more.

Gee, I personally would like to know which loop is gonna be the new "premium" loop and will it be pet friendly? Not that I'll need it, but don't want to lose my now favorite 800 loop to the upgrade either, cause' you know it will also cost more.

My understanding is that they will be all new loops. The existing ones will be upgraded but the new premium sites will be all new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter