The Golden Wedding

I thought Teresa looked ridiculous with the veil and mermaid white dress. I just happened to flip past the channel when it was on.

1704429201016.jpeg

I thought Teresa looked ridiculous with the veil and mermaid white dress.
I agree. I think Theresa looks great and has a good body at 70, however, that style of dress is not suited for someone her age. Also did not care for the pleated bridesmaid dresses that IMO, were unflattering on the daughters.

The whole idea of going on a reality dating show and then getting married on tv is something I would never do, but the couple seems genuinely happy, so good for them.

I loved The Golden Bachelor and The Golden Wedding! I loved watching the friendships between all the women. It was nice to see Ryan & Trista, who had the first bachelor/bachelorette wedding, many years ago.

Cheers to anyone who can get past all the hideous plastic surgery on display. I don't get it and think they all look like freaks. shrug..

The whole franchise weirds me out, but I almost watched this one, just to see how it might go for people closer to my age. But then I read this article about how he is nowhere near what he's portrayed to be on the show (shocker, I know) and I noped right out of it. He seems like the same garbage human that all of the other contestants have been, and the show, "plotlines," etc. just as fabricated. I give the marriage three months. Tops. It's probably just a sham for ratings.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/t...y-turner-ex-girlfriend-speaks-out-1235683869/

I do love Theresa and initially thought they were the best. After the one article mentioned, watching the show he was a bit cringy to me. I was waiting for him to break down crying during the ceremony and surprised yet not that he didn't. unless he did during the breaks. I was hoping after watching the episodes she'd reconsider. I do give them the contractual year as they get to keep the rings then.

I watched a couple episodes, but the woman I wanted to win ended up leaving the show very early, and I stopped watching after that.

Then I happened watch some of the show when it re-aired, and ended up seeing the same segment with the woman I chose. It was then that I realized, she probably wanted to leave after having her date with the Gerry. Just as I chose her, she could have her pick of any other older guy, without going on a show. So, she and her daughter probably pre-planned an "out" for her, so she could leave early if she wanted. And she used it.

Theresa is not someone I would have picked. She doesn't quite seem like she's got her act together. But, maybe Gerry purposely picked her because of that. He may have known he doesn't want any of them. But, the show paid more if he proposed and even more for the wedding episode and they financed the honeymoon trip. So, why not do stuff on their dime? So, he married someone who will likely give him the least problems when he calls it quits.

It was nice to see Ryan & Trista, who had the first bachelor/bachelorette wedding, many years ago.

I do love seeing Trista and Ryan each time they are on. She was the first Bachelorette and did come on the show with the intention of finding her true love. Not just coming on for fame. They had mentioned that after they got off the show they worked hard to have a real life relationship. That all that jet-setting to exotic locations and wearing fancy dresses wasn't real life or a way to learn about each other or to build a relationship. They put in the time, effort and hard work to build a real relationship and it shows.

I haven't watched since back when Bob the bachelor was on lol! I did like Trista and Ryan as well. It always amazed me this show is still on. I decided to watch the Golden Bachelor to see how they would treat an older couple. Gerry is totally cringey IMO, with his Gee Willikers schtick. Anyway, I don't think Teresa won any prize that's for sure. I came across the article about his ex girlfriend when it was the final 2 women. Someone told me Teresa has money , so I feel sorry for her if she truly does love him.
I did like that the women seemed to bond and enjoy their experience together (not with Gerry, lol)

I haven't watched since back when Bob the bachelor was on lol! I did like Trista and Ryan as well. It always amazed me this show is still on. I decided to watch the Golden Bachelor to see how they would treat an older couple. Gerry is totally cringey IMO, with his Gee Willikers schtick. Anyway, I don't think Teresa won any prize that's for sure. I came across the article about his ex girlfriend when it was the final 2 women. Someone told me Teresa has money , so I feel sorry for her if she truly does love him.
I did like that the women seemed to bond and enjoy their experience together (not with Gerry, lol)
Absolutely,with a CAPITOL C!

It's only been three months and their marriage is over. Gerry & Theresa have called it quits.

Video of their interview on GMA:

Last edited:
The whole franchise weirds me out, but I almost watched this one, just to see how it might go for people closer to my age. But then I read this article about how he is nowhere near what he's portrayed to be on the show (shocker, I know) and I noped right out of it. He seems like the same garbage human that all of the other contestants have been, and the show, "plotlines," etc. just as fabricated. I give the marriage three months. Tops. It's probably just a sham for ratings.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/t...y-turner-ex-girlfriend-speaks-out-1235683869/

Ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner!!

I never watched the show, but just saw them on an interview this morning. - It seems they really do care about each other, but neither wants to move from where they lived before the show? You'd think they'd have discussed that before. 😆

Anyway...
I give the marriage three months. Tops. It's probably just a sham for ratings.

It's only been three months and their marriage is over. Gerry & Theresa have called it quits.

@Disneefun, these shows should offer you a commentator's job!!

Weird. They sat there saying "stay in it" etc. but ditched out after 3 months? If they supposedly still love and respect each other why wouldn't they stay in it for longer. "We can't decide where to live, so we're going to divorce." Seriously? They expect us to buy that? Apparently their contractual obligations were over?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter