The Goobs Go to Walt Disney World - A Sept/Oct PTR *UPDATED 9/15*

It was totally ridiculous for me to start writing this as early as I did, as I now have a ton of updates. So here we go with updated day 1...

Day One - September 29th, 2018

We arrive at MCO around 3:15, and plan to take ME to Coronado Springs, dump our stuff and get to Animal Kingdom as fast as possible. This is a HUGE change from our original plan to go straight to Hollywood Studios. When the Rivers of Light dessert package was first announced I was skeptical about it, but after reading some reviews I ultimately decided it would be an excellent, calm way to kick off our trip. My hope is that we can arrive at AK by about 5pm. We have the following FP+ reservations:
  • Na'vi River Journey - 4:15pm
  • Expedition Everest - 5:20pm
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris - 6:20pm
We might try to grab a light bite to share at Satuli Canteen between our River Journey and EE FPs, just because I've heard such incredible things about it. We'll then be going to the ROL dessert party at 7. After ROL, we're heading over to Animal Kingdom Lodge to have dinner at Jiko, where we have a 9:30pm ADR. I'm a little concerned that we're going to be stuffed, but maybe we can try to take a few desserts to go, and still enjoy an amazing meal at Jiko. After a LONG travel day, I don't think it'll be hard.

Last edited:
And now for the big updates to Day 2....

Day Two - September 30th, 2018

One major thing hasn't changed, and that's our plan to rope drop Hollywood Studios EMH at 8am. My goal is to rocket straight to Slinky Dog Dash, which as of yet I haven't secured a FP for, then get some rides in on TSMM. We then have the following FP+ reservations:
  • Star Tours - 9:00 am
  • Tower of Terror - 10:05 am
  • Midway Mania - 11:10 am
After some morning fun, we're going over to California Grill for brunch, and then hopefully getting a round or two of mini golf in at Fantasia Gardens. We are then going to head BACK to HS (instead of heading to Epcot), for the evening. We'll be doing the Star Wars dessert party, and hitting as many more rides as we can. Once the dessert party and fireworks are over, we'll head over to the Boardwalk area (what's the viability of walking?) for a 9:25 ADR at Flying Fish.

Day Three - October 1st, 2018

As I've mentioned before, October is my favorite month of the year, and I am so excited to celebrate the start of that month with a magical day at MAGIC KINGDOM!

Before heading to the Kingdom, we have some very important morning plans. At 9am we have a reservation for the cake decorating experience at Amorette's Patisserie, where we'll be creating the seasonal Mickey cake. I am SO excited for this. In the early planning stages we decided to nix Victoria & Albert's for both time and budget reasons (though in hindsight, the budget that would have gone towards V&A's has definitely been utilized elsewhere...), and we added this experience instead. After we make our cake, we have an 11:35 ADR at Homecomin' for lunch. I am also very excited for this, because my years of watching Top Chef have really endeared me to Chef Art Smith, and I'm really looking forward to eating at one of his restaurants. I buffered us a little bit of time to explore DS, and then we head to Magic Kingdom!

We have the following FP+ reservations:
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - 2:25pm
  • Splash Mountain - 3:25pm
  • Haunted Mansion - 4:25pm

We then have a dinner ADR at Skipper Canteen for 5pm, and after that we booked the HEA Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing. It was really important to me that we get to see HEA in a stress-free way, and because of MNSSHP going on, Monday was our best chance to do this. After the fireworks, we'll probably try to hit a couple more rides (maybe 7DMT), and then hopefully pop over to Trader Sam's for a tiki cocktail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter