The Ho Ho Ho Here We go Again Trip Report - Day 2

emanlu

Mouseketeer
Sorry it has taken so long to do Day 2 of this trippie - having laptop problems and then xmas sort of got in the way!

Day 2
Awake at 7.30 after a sleepless night which included DD2 doing gymnastics in her sleep! No EMH today so we went for breakfast just after 8. Breakfast was served in one of the conference halls which was a bit strange. Mickey was doing a meet and greet when we came out but left before the girls got to meet him. Dh & DS arrived and we headed through the village.

DisneyNov10029.jpg

Stopped at the Disney Store purchasing autograph books and pens before going through bag check about 9.30am. Loads of people were queuing at the middle turnstiles but we went to one side and there were only a few people in front of us. Turnstiles opened bang on ten but we got stuck as our turnstile kept jamming!

On our way in we passed these people who were filming with a camera on a frame strapped to someone – looked very strange!
DisneyNov10043.jpg

Eventually we got in and as is traditional we headed down Main Street to go to Buzz for our first ride – as we went down Main Street – the music started and we had snow! Next we went to go to IASW but on the way there noticed Rapunzel and Flynn heading to the stage to do their meet and greet – we quickly joined the queue and the girls were delighted to get autographs/pictures (DS wasn’t fussed at all!).

DisneyNov10059.jpg
DisneyNov10064.jpg

Made it to IASW and enjoyed the Xmas overlay

DisneyNov10074.jpg
DisneyNov10091.jpg

after this we went on the Teacups
DisneyNov10102.jpg

and the Carousel. The Sleeping beauty show was on so watched this and then we went into the castle. DS wanted to go on Star Tours so that was our next port of call. We saw Chewbacca on our way in

DisneyNov10125.jpg

DS loved Star Tours but the girls weren't so keen - neither was I! On the way out Darth Vader was doing a meet and greet.

DisneyNov10127.jpg

Quick pitstop at Hyperion for cartoons and toilets then we headed for BTM - DD2 & DS decided not to go (both have been on it before) so DH rode with DD1 while I took the other two to get the obligatory popcorn and met Woody and Minnie.

DisneyNov10135.jpg
DisneyNov10139.jpg
DisneyNov10142.jpg

I rode BTM then with DD1 – it was showing 15 min wait but we were back before that. Kids were hungry so sent DH off with them to get food while I went to City Hall to make restaurant reservations - I had hoped to do Inventions but there was nothing free so I ended up booking Parkside Diner for tonight and Café Mickey for tomorrow night. I went back and met the others and we went back to Fantasyland and did Dumbo and the Labyrinth and then went through Belles village and saw Goofy. We then picked up hot chocolate with the free vouchers we had got earlier (I discovered that you get these even if you only buy a drink which makes good value!) as it was very cold (had been low cloud all day) DD1 and I went and visited the Dragon while the others got in place for the parade. This confused us as I was expecting it to come from the Fantasyland gates at Belle Notte but it came down main street and exited by Belle Notte. The boys had had enough by this stage so they went back to the hotel and we wandered the shops and then went to watch tree lighting

DisneyNov10220.jpg

and then heading back down to watch Mickeys Magical Party time and castle lighting – we really enjoyed this and hoped to see it again.

DisneyNov10233.jpg
DisneyNov10239.jpg
DisneyNov10248.jpg
DisneyNov10258.jpg

We stayed in the same place for Fantillusion and were standing just at the corner of the hub where it turns onto main street - this gave us a great view of the floats coming towards us.

DisneyNov10276.jpg
DisneyNov10278.jpg
DisneyNov10297.jpg
DisneyNov10315.jpg

We crossed behind the parade and went up the arcade to get out of the park asap to get back to the hotel for our dinner reservation. We met DH and DS and headed to the Parkside Diner – the CM on the door seemed to be very flustered and was flapping about his table plan – he didn’t have a free table for 5 and told us he didnt know when he would have one – even though we had a reservation. We waited a few minutes before he decided to set us at a table for 4 – it was a bench seat at one side so the 3 kids fitted on this (this seemed to be a common practice as we were seated at a table for 4 in Café Mickey and Plaza Gardens also with an extra chair on the side). We all ate well although it was nothing out of the ordinary. DH and DS headed back to Sequoia and the girls and I headed to bed after this although the girls as usual took ages to go to sleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter