The hot chocolate trip - Day One

Millies Daddy

Mouseketeer
The day with the journey to Disney, the Kyriad and Annettes

Finally the day has come for us to take our trip to Disneyland Paris. An early start saw us all up at 0630 and on the road for just before 0800. We had a ferry booked for 1215 but I had left lots of extra time for the journey from Oxfordshire. We arrived at Dover just before 1000 and managed to get the earlier sailing at 1045. The journey across was smooth but we didn’t get to go on the top deck for the arrival in Calais due to the horrible rain and wind which started just as we set off. The kids were kept busy with the contents of their Disney bags that we made up for them and DW was very happy with her surprise Disney bag which had a Mickey bead and a Minnie bead for her Chamilia bracelet.
An uneventful journey (apart from a small accident involving two cars 20 miles from DLRP) saw us arrive at the Kyriad at 1615. Once we booked in and dropped our overnight bag it was straight out to Disney Village for our tea.

We had decided before we came that we would like to go to Annette’s for our first meal. We weren’t disappointed. It was pretty quiet and we were seated really quickly. Service was quick and cheerful. I had the Chilli, Chilli Dog with Chicken Wings for starters. DW had the Rock n Roller Burger, DD had the chicken nuggets and chips and DS had the hot dog and chips both off the kids menu. The food was served incredibly quickly and was absolutely lovely. DS’s had more chips than he could possibly eat and I was full after my two courses. DW was not happy though. The Elvis had morphed into some concoction with bananas in it, far too healthy compared to the previous Elvis so we gave it a miss. The kids had the vanilla ice cream with smarties. Over all about 64 Euros for everything but well worth it.
Gracie5-1.jpg

Gracie3-1.jpg

Once tea was done the kids had money burning holes in their pockets. DD had a list of teddies that she wanted to buy and DS just wanted a Lotso. As usual the main Disney shop was sadly lacking and there wasn’t one of DDs choices available and no Lotso either. DS decided upon a Bolt teddy and DD (after lots of persuading and bottom lip trembling) decided to save her money for the shops in the Park.

A quick look around the rest of the shops found nothing special (luckily no snowglobes that too DWs fancy). After I booked Cafe Mickey for 1815 on Friday and had quick look at the other menus on offer it was time to catch the bendy bus back to the Kyriad. We were all a bit tired after our long day and excited about seeing the magic tomorrow morning!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter