The ins and outs of discounts with a TA?

branv

<font color=blue>The safety feature in my parents
Last time we went to WDW, we booked through a TA. It was wonderful b/c when discounted rates came out, she re-booked us under those immediately.

However, so far about once a year I've gotten low rate offers straight from Disney...via web and in a postcard. (I'm sure of course, that now that I am actually planning to go, I won't hear a single thing from them ;) ) My question is: if I have booked through a TA, and I receive one of those discounts, can I call her to apply that discount, or do I have to rebook direct through Disney to get it?

Thanks!

you can most definitely provide the ta w/the info and he/she will take care of it from there... that's the glory of using a good ta!

I know my TA has gotten me a discounted rate several times before I even knew one existed. My first email from her told me exactly what discounts she would watch for based on what information I had given her. Just be sure to give them all of the information to work with for discounts such as whether you are a AAA member or have an AP, etc.

The best part about using a TA is that you don't have to do the work of watching.

If you are unsure of the policies for applying discounts with the agency you are thinking of using, you should just ask them. Like I said, my TA told me how their agency handled discounting in her first email!

June

this actually is happening to us right now...I booked our trip with a TA then received an email offer from Disney (free dining plan) I accidently deleted the email and my TA called Disney for me to see if they could pull up the offer....they could not do it. I called myself and got the offer quoted and put a 14 day hold on it while I decide if we want to switch from room only to the package. Once we decide, we can have the reservation transferred over to the TA so she won't lose her commission. She's been a great help so I don't want her to lose out.

Now if we hadn't deleted the email, I could have forwarded the email to her and let her do all the work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter