The MURPHYS are LIVE from the BEACH CLUB (3/26/11-4/1/11)!!!!!

Are the rules for CL posted somewhere? A good rule would be no children admitted under a certain age without an adult. It certainly drives me crazy when people are not respectful of the rules or others around them. Sometimes I am vocal, but diplomatic, and then I get looked at like I am the disrespectful one!

Are the rules for CL posted somewhere? A good rule would be no children admitted under a certain age without an adult. It certainly drives me crazy when people are not respectful of the rules or others around them. Sometimes I am vocal, but diplomatic, and then I get looked at like I am the disrespectful one!
Each of the lounges has a sign that says the rules like no alcohol for those under 21, shirts and shoes must worn at all and times and etc. Plus when you check-in on the paper you get which explains the times their various items are offered, those same rules are also printed on there.

Ahhhhhhhhh, grey goose slush finally!!!!!! :cloud9:

Just a little treat before dinner. Heading to Hacienda!

Ahhhh...how did I forget to get one of those during our trip last August?!?! It was on my 'list' of things to do...I should have made a REAL list. The slush always looks so good when people post pics...especially on those really hot days!

Hacienda wasn't open yet when we were there...I've heard good things about it. :thumbsup2

Loved all the pictures you posted! Thanks for taking us along for the ride...

Kerry

There was something about children needing to be accompanied by an adult when I was at AKL last month. Children under 12 or 14, something like that. But it was in the welcome packet I rec'd. I didn't notice it posted in the lounge.

:eek:cockroach in the bed!!!

Thanks for your honest review of BC CL...so unacceptable for children to be running amuck and ruining others vacations...sounds like the CM's could do a little more to enforce the rules

Glad the weather held out for your evening!

Hi Ericka.

Sorry BC CL is full of parents who don't watch their children.

We've stayed at BC CL twice in the summer and here's what we found.
The first two weeks there weren't any problems with the kids - people watched their children, well mannered etc. The only problem we encountered was with an adult! You know the lounge can get crowded in the morning. I had my breakfast food and I saw an empty table. The CL cm had just cleared it away - dirty plates, glasses and a newspaper.

So I sat down and all of a sudden them man (another CL guest) glares at me and asks me if I threw his newspaper away and that he had been saving that table. I told him the table was completely cleared when I sat down and that the cm that thrown away the newspaper as it was sitting on an empty table filled with dirty dishes and no one there. He was really obnoxious to both and cm and myself!

On our last two days free dining started. OMG - day and night. People letting their kids push in front of others in line, grabbing all the hot appetizers, touching things with their hands etc. DH and I said after seeing that we would never go when they offered free dining!

I've heard the same experiences from people at the Poly CL during busy times too. I don't think it matters what CL you're using there will always be nice people there and there will always be rude, non-parenting, grabbing people there,.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

Ericka, Just saw the weather forecast for Orlando area. Yikes!!:eek:
Hm... I wonder what your plans will be for today? Hope this bad weather passes soon so you can enjoy the rest of your trip!:yay:

:eek:cockroach in the bed!!!

Thanks for your honest review of BC CL...so unacceptable for children to be running amuck and ruining others vacations...sounds like the CM's could do a little more to enforce the rules

Glad the weather held out for your evening!

The desk concierge people are never in the lounge. They strictly deal with checking-in people, answering questions, making dining reservations, and it seems most of all dealing with problems with ME and luggage. There are almost always people standing in line waiting to speak with them so I'm sure they don't even notice who comes in and out of the lounge without shoes, etc. The lounge workers aren't treated with respect or authority by some guests because they are dressed in servers aprons. So I think that's why some families are basically treating them like servants and disregarding what they say.

Last night we had a break in the rain for a little bit so we walked around the WS before dinner. By the time we got past a couple of countries it started pouring again. Thank goodness we had our Hacienda ADR because people were scrambling for shelter. :)

Dinner was GREAT! I really enjoy this restaurant. The food is good, I love the chips and salsa, and of course the view of Illuminations is best of all. We were lucky to get a window table and had a wonderful view for the show. We all had tacos, I had the chicken tacos, kids had the beef tacos, and DH had the taco trio. I also ordered a side of guacamole and it was sooooo good!!! :lovestruc The kids got warm churros for dessert. This is my new favorite single table service restaurant. :thumbsup2 By the time we finished eating it was almost 10:00 PM. We had a very wet and rainy walk back to the BC, thank goodness for crocs!!!!

Today we woke up to ANOTHER severe thunderstorm warning and tornado watch. Rain doesn't stop us from going to the parks but lightning and severe weather are another matter. So we sit here in the room waiting for it to pass. :sad1: (as I just typed this a bolt of lightning struck right outside our room) LOL :lmao:

Tomorrow we check-out and head to the beach for a few days so hopefully the weather will improve. I'm trying not to feel like the week was a wash-out, but we really only got one pool day, which was our big reason for staying at the BC. Oh well. What can ya do??? :rolleyes:

Questions???

I've got more pics coming! :)

Pics from last night, after the storms went thru:

DEBRIS!!! ;)
IMG_8324.jpg

IMG_8325.jpg

IMG_8327.jpg

IMG_8328.jpg

IMG_8329.jpg

IMG_8332.jpg

IMG_8330.jpg

IMG_8335.jpg

Rainy walk back thru an empty WS:

IMG_8338.jpg

IMG_8339.jpg

WISHES from our balcony, hard for my cheap camera to catch it:

IMG_8340.jpg

Thank you for the menu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And the positive review :thumbsup2) We are having dinner there for the first time on our last night.

The desk concierge people are never in the lounge. They strictly deal with checking-in people, answering questions, making dining reservations, and it seems most of all dealing with problems with ME and luggage. There are almost always people standing in line waiting to speak with them so I'm sure they don't even notice who comes in and out of the lounge without shoes, etc. The lounge workers aren't treated with respect or authority by some guests because they are dressed in servers aprons. So I think that's why some families are basically treating them like servants and disregarding what they say.

It really is a shame :confused:

Wow...that is alot of debris...sounds like you are making the best of it, hope this next storm passes quickly and you can enjoy your last day

I'm a little confused between the pics of the menu you posted & what you said you had at Hacienda-- I'm having trouble figuring out what (from the menu) you ordered.

I only ask because I wanted to mae an ADR here, but DH didn't like the looks of the menu & had me make an ADR for San Angel Inn instead. :headache: But I really wanted to try Hacienda -- I'm hoping having him read your review of the meal may change his mind, so I can change our ADR.:rolleyes1

No boat service to the studios so we are at the bus stop. We've seen 3 MKs, 2 DTD, 2 Epcot, and 1 AK. Nothing for the studios. A riot is about to break out.

I'm a little confused between the pics of the menu you posted & what you said you had at Hacienda-- I'm having trouble figuring out what (from the menu) you ordered.

I only ask because I wanted to mae an ADR here, but DH didn't like the looks of the menu & had me make an ADR for San Angel Inn instead. :headache: But I really wanted to try Hacienda -- I'm hoping having him read your review of the meal may change his mind, so I can change our ADR.:rolleyes1

We aren't on the dining plan so we just asked them to make stuff we wanted. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter