The MURPHYS are LIVE from the Yacht Club!!! (3/19 - 3/27)

The renovated lounge is now open....

IMG_6172.jpg

IMG_6173.jpg

IMG_6174.jpg

IMG_6170.jpg

More coming................

Thank you for posting! Have not been to the lounge in about a year and a half. The refurb looks nice. Ahhh, would love to get back to that place soon. Enjoy the rest of your evening and last day.

Again thanks for sharing live!

Hey Hockeymom :)

The newly refurbished lounge is very nice. We just went down for desserts, my favorite lemon bars again. :goodvibes You can definitely smell the new carpet, and the curtains, valances, and sheers are also all new. Everything is very fresh and nice. I actually prefer it greatly over the Presidential Suite. The chairs are so much more comfortable.

Pics from MK today coming up next................

Thanks so much, Erika!!! looks lovely!!! ::)

It is lovely :)

I can't believe this is our last night.... eight nights went by in a FLASH!! Looking back on our stay here it was very nice. Despite a few problems we've enjoyed the YC. If I could change anything I would say...

1. The staff needs to be a bit more interactive with the guests. Staying here eight nights I don't feel like I know anyone except for Betty from Chicago, who was very nice to us. I still never received anything for my birthday, when we stayed at Pop Century for ONE NIGHT last year I got a birthday card, a cake made out of a towel, an autographed picture of Mickey, and a towel animal. I've had nothing here. Which isn't a big deal but it bothers me a little bit just because we paid like thousands of dollars to stay here and someone could just say SOMETHING about it being my birthday.

2. The food could have a little tiny teeny bit more variety. I'm not expecting anything special, or things changing every day. But a little bit more variety would be nice. Compared to AKL, WL, BWI, GF, Poly, etc, I would put YC in last place for food variety. However, I will say that the quality of the food is good, for adults anyway, just the kids selections are lacking. Peanut butter and jelly everyday, they never changed it. I can remember the kids having chicken fingers and other items with the other CL resorts.

We are heading out now :)

More pics coming!!!!

Pictures from today.............

IMG_6132.jpg

IMG_6133.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg

the boys got to say ALL ABOARD!!!

IMG_6138.jpg

IMG_6140.jpg

IMG_6144.jpg

IMG_6142.jpg

We did the TRIPLE MOUNTAIN WHAMMY TODAY!!!!

IMG_6147.jpg

Princess and the Frog.......

IMG_6151.jpg

And the million dollar question - would you stay YC CL again? I am one of those weirdo people that don't like when cast members, etc. talk to me very much. I don't like a lot of interaction!!! As much as I loved BWI, some of the CL staff was TOOO chatty!!!! But they were all so sweet, no complaints, but quietness is ok by me! aside from that - would you stay agaIN

I have thoroughly enjoyed your report. It looks like you had a wonderful time! If I could ask, did you find it hard to get a seat in the lounge to eat? If you did, about what time was bad? Also, to echo scottmel, would you choose to stay YC CL again?

Thank you!

Thanks so much for all the info. I have really enjoyed this week. If you are like me, this is the down side. I always hate leaving WDW. Have a safe trip home!!!

Your kids look so happy in all the pictures, nothing beats the Disney smile. I have really loved reading all about your trip, thank you for the live report.:lovestruc

Loved the report...sorry you are heading home today :(
We are doing Crystal Palace for breakfast for the first time on our upcoming trip...can't wait after seeing your pics AND
were did your mom (I am assuming it was your mom) get the purse she has on in the pic in front of the castle???? I LOVE it and want it!!!!
50 LONG days to go till we get there....I am sooooooooooo impatient!!

Erika Just cathching up....

Happy belated birthday!

Another great TR!!! Thanks for posting all about your trip!

The new YC lounge looks beautiful...

Safe travels home...

Hi Erika!! Just found you here!!!! We have stayed at the BC on 3 trips and just fell in love with it!! I love SAB for the kids too--and Beaches & Cream.YUM!! Happy Belated Birthday! Quick question...is there much difference really between the YC/BC? I know the color scheme and all is not the same, but as far as the general feel of the place....ok...off to YouTube to see if I can find you there!

And the million dollar question - would you stay YC CL again? I am one of those weirdo people that don't like when cast members, etc. talk to me very much. I don't like a lot of interaction!!! As much as I loved BWI, some of the CL staff was TOOO chatty!!!! But they were all so sweet, no complaints, but quietness is ok by me! aside from that - would you stay agaIN

Probably not anytime soon. We like to experience a lot of different resorts so it might take a while before we'll be at YC again. Last night we were thinking it has been a really long time since we've stayed at the WL. Also I am a huge Poly lover. But I'm sure we'll be back to YC at some point down the road. We actually enjoyed our stay more at the end when the regular concierge lounge was open... it was just 3 doors down from our room (5172), which was really nice, and I felt like the staff was much happier or more friendly once it moved down there. I'm wondering now if maybe the temporary lounge was causing stress for them?? Maybe.....

I have thoroughly enjoyed your report. It looks like you had a wonderful time! If I could ask, did you find it hard to get a seat in the lounge to eat? If you did, about what time was bad? Also, to echo scottmel, would you choose to stay YC CL again?

Thank you!

The lounge was definitely most crowded at breakfast. Tables were very hard to find on Saturday and Sunday morning. I'd say the lounge probably seats about 40-50 people, counting all the chairs and the couches. Yesterday morning I had to take my coffee back out to the hallway to sit since everyone was still asleep in our room. But we never had a problem finding seats during afternoon breaks or in the evenings. The balcony has a few chairs too.

Sounds like you had a magical time and thanks for doing such a nice trip report in progress!I really enjoyed it and never followed a live trip report before. We are YC CL headed this summer and all your gorgeous pictures of thelounge, etc. have me so excited to go. I love the new look of thelounge. Very rich..They lost that dreadful wallpaper from the lounge and replaced it I see. Wish they would take the que and remove it from the rooms!!!! Thanks again, Erika!!:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter