The NEW Official November 2010 Countdown & Planning Thread ~ Come join us! (Part 2)

Well, we are back & I'm not having the "Disney blues" yet ;) We had a WONDERFUL TIME!!!! I didn't see any other DISboard Turkeys :sad2: The castle was gorgeous with the Christmas lights, & we loved seeing Cirque du Soleil, parasailing & the other extras this time.

We were among the group who got STUCK on the monorail at the TTC. :scared1: My DH (who has the torn calf muscle & limped all week) ALMOST had his leg slammed in the monorail doors when they unexpectantly slammed shut while unloading. :eek: DD & I were stuck on the monorail & cast members had to pry the doors open with their hands. It was less than magical, but I don't think anyone got seriously injured.

We had one "tragic to magic" moment while we were there. DD10 collects pins & had just bought a new lanyard & 11 new pins for over $130. She'd been saving up her chore money for a year (or her "commission" as Dave Ramsey calls it) She has three full lanyards, but thankfully only wore one to MK on Tuesday 11/23. We rode Thunder Mtn & she took it off & put it in the mesh storage bin. (I didn't know she'd done this.) We got off the ride & were walking outside when she realized she'd left it on the car!! We rushed back inside & told the CM what happened.

We waited & waited & waited for all cars to come through on both sides. *NOTHING* We went to Guest Services/City Hall & explained the situation to Pat. Nobody had turned it in :sad2: I just cried for my poor DD! She'd saved up for so long & this was the ONE thing she liked to spend her $$ on (besides buying souveniers for all of her family, friends, & teachers.) :sad1: Well, Pat at City Hall-Guest Services told us to make sure & ask for him when we came back that night.

We went on about our day & tried to forget what had happened. We checked back with Pat right before MK closed & no one had turned it in. He took us over to the Emporium & said he knew this wouldn't make up for what she lost, but he let her pick out a new lanyard & 8 new pins!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: I just bawled like a baby! Even though someone at Disney World stole from my precious Bailey, a wonderful CM named Pat renewed my love for my Happy Place! pixiedust: It was a great lesson in how God can use a terrible situation & turn it into a wonderful one :lovestruc

Well, we are back & I'm not having the "Disney blues" yet ;) We had a WONDERFUL TIME!!!! I didn't see any other DISboard Turkeys :sad2: The castle was gorgeous with the Christmas lights, & we loved seeing Cirque du Soleil, parasailing & the other extras this time.

We were among the group who got STUCK on the monorail at the TTC. :scared1: My DH (who has the torn calf muscle & limped all week) ALMOST had his leg slammed in the monorail doors when they unexpectantly slammed shut while unloading. :eek: DD & I were stuck on the monorail & cast members had to pry the doors open with their hands. It was less than magical, but I don't think anyone got seriously injured.

We had one "tragic to magic" moment while we were there. DD10 collects pins & had just bought a new lanyard & 11 new pins for over $130. She'd been saving up her chore money for a year (or her "commission" as Dave Ramsey calls it) She has three full lanyards, but thankfully only wore one to MK on Tuesday 11/23. We rode Thunder Mtn & she took it off & put it in the mesh storage bin. (I didn't know she'd done this.) We got off the ride & were walking outside when she realized she'd left it on the car!! We rushed back inside & told the CM what happened.

We waited & waited & waited for all cars to come through on both sides. *NOTHING* We went to Guest Services/City Hall & explained the situation to Pat. Nobody had turned it in :sad2: I just cried for my poor DD! She'd saved up for so long & this was the ONE thing she liked to spend her $$ on (besides buying souveniers for all of her family, friends, & teachers.) :sad1: Well, Pat at City Hall-Guest Services told us to make sure & ask for him when we came back that night.

We went on about our day & tried to forget what had happened. We checked back with Pat right before MK closed & no one had turned it in. He took us over to the Emporium & said he knew this wouldn't make up for what she lost, but he let her pick out a new lanyard & 8 new pins!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: I just bawled like a baby! Even though someone at Disney World stole from my precious Bailey, a wonderful CM named Pat renewed my love for my Happy Place! pixiedust: It was a great lesson in how God can use a terrible situation & turn it into a wonderful one :lovestruc

Wow, you had some crazy things happen. :scared1: I didn't hear about the monorail thing. I bet that was scary.

Your pin story made me cry! I can't believe someone would take that and not turn it in. :mad: That is so crappy. But WOW on the Disney magic. That is so awesome what that CM did! :goodvibes

I'm glad to hear you had such a wonderful time.

Wow, you had some crazy things happen. :scared1: I didn't hear about the monorail thing. I bet that was scary.

Your pin story made me cry! I can't believe someone would take that and not turn it in. :mad: That is so crappy. But WOW on the Disney magic. That is so awesome what that CM did! :goodvibes

I'm glad to hear you had such a wonderful time.

It was a crazy trip!! I'd never heard of the monorail ever malfunctioning like that, but it could have SERIOUSLY hurt someone had they been right in the doorway when all the doors slammed shut! It was kinda like a "Haunted Mansion/Tower of Terror" moment!! :eek:

And about the pins...I know! It just broke my heart to know that someone out there had to have HIDDEN her huge, full lanyard when they got off the ride, so nobody would notice. I mean, what do you do with a stolen lanyard? It had some pretty specific pins on it: Polynesian, Rock-n-rollercoaster, several other RIDE pins. :headache: But, if it hadn't happened, we wouldn't have had such a wonderful experience with Disney Guest Services. DD was SOOOOOOO happy afterwards! It made it all worth it! I can't see ANY other place doing something so magical. :grouphug: Disney will always hold a special place in our hearts :lovestruc

WOW!! I didn't hear about the monorail either!!:scared1: GEEZ...scary! And who would steal a lanyard? I mean, come on! You know that is someone's souvies!!!! poor baby! Kids do forget stuff..it happens. But yep! What a wonderful way the Lord turned it around!!!! Great testimony!!!! Thanks for sharing it!

WOW!! I didn't hear about the monorail either!!:scared1: GEEZ...scary! And who would steal a lanyard? I mean, come on! You know that is someone's souvies!!!! poor baby! Kids do forget stuff..it happens. But yep! What a wonderful way the Lord turned it around!!!! Great testimony!!!! Thanks for sharing it!

I know! The monorail was crazy...I guess I'll head over to some of the other threads to see if any other DISers were on board. And yes, we were in total shock about the pins. But all is well now :goodvibes I joined your TR & probably need to do one of my own, since we had so many different things happen on this trip!

I hate to say it, but I am not surprised at all that someone would take them. People steal stuff right off your stroller -and sometimes even the stroller itself there anymore. So taking something out of the mesh on the ride is probably nothing. Sad, but true. I am glad you had the chance to make a Magical Moment with the CM. I don't think very many CM would go out of their way like that anymore. It really is awesome!

How were the crowds? We watched the wait times on our iPhones all week. Trying to see what it would have been like in whatever park we would have been in. Sad, I know.... But it looked like Mon and Tue were worse then the rest of the week.

Sunday (the 14th) we were at MK...it was still a tiny bit of a crowd...but once you got in there and made your way to whatever part you were headed to, it thinned out...we did BTMRR 3 times in a row and the longest wait was around 5 minutes. The rest of the week was great...of course, Toy Story MM was crazy ...but ToT, and RnR weren't long at all...just kinda steady, and usually 5 min or so...Peter Pan is always long too! But..all in all, lines/crowds were awesome!!!! My son had the wait times on his phone and they seemed to be longer than what the ride actually was. Several times it would say 50min or something like that, and get there and it was like 20....

Okay..gotta find out who the fellow disser was I ran into twice and didn't get to talk to!! We were in Epcot on Mon the 15th and I saw a Nov Turkey on a ladies lanyard thing in the line to Test Track...I think she had a husband and 2 daughters with her....she was kinda short(I can say that because I am short too!!! LOL),..like 5'2" or less, and she had short dark hair...we were weaving in the long line and once I realized it was a Turkey, I couldn't see her anymore. Also, we were in Hollywood the next day, Tues the 16th and I saw her and her family again down between RnR and ToT!!! I was taking dd to my hubby to get in line and when I turned back around to meet her, the whole family was gone! I think she went into the RnR area....so....if this is you let me know!!! It was the only Turkey Mickey I saw all week!!!!

How awful for you DD but at least that wonderful CM made your DD's day a little brighter letting her pick out a new lanyard and pins was truely one of those Disney Pixie Dust Moments. Karma will come back to bite whomever found and kept your DD lanyard and pins.

I love the monorail and finally next October we will be staying at CR, so of course the monorail is going to go bust :rotfl:
But Seriously that had to be scarey when the doors malfuntioned :scared1:

Just started my TR,so if any of you want to stop by, feel free!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=39085762&posted=1#post39085762

On my way can not wait to read all about your trip

When will you be going in March? Hubby and I will be there either March 9-12 or March 13-16. (Just trying to figure out what will be easiest with making arrangements for the kiddos while we are gone.)

We will be there around the 4th to the 13th. We are staying off property with family. Let me know. We would love to meet up and party in Disney!!!

working on my trip report! Day 1 is in progress!

Anddddddddddd we may be going back in May!! My parents had such an awesome time with Adam, they want to more or less take us down there for a few days! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Your poor daughter! :sad2: I know that had to break her heart and yours. (My son Justin had saved over a $100 as well and had he lost his legos he had been saving for it would have broke his and my heart as well.) I am so glad you all were able to find a cast member who was so helpful! :woohoo:

Missed the monorail issue. What happened?

We will be there around the 4th to the 13th. We are staying off property with family. Let me know. We would love to meet up and party in Disney!!!

We will most likely stay off property this time also. I would definitely like to meet up! :thumbsup2

Uggg, I just typed out a whole thing and got an error and when I went back it was gone. :(

We got back last night, but today was so crazy I have not had a chance to catch up. Today was a day full of missing the magic, a headcold, a missed bus, homework left in the van, volunteering all day at the school, a flat tire, and 2 new kittens all on any day is a lot, but the first day back from vacation, yeah, I am missing the magic for sure. :goodvibes

We had a great trip, 10 days is so much nicer then a week! We did a couple new things I wanted to try, missed some others I wanted to but will try again next time. The weather was perfect and the crowds were light compared to our previous Thanksgiving trips, it was a nice surprise. The drives both ways were totally uneventful and enjoyable and that was nice.

We opted for the QSDP this time and that worked well for us. We paid OOP for 3 meals and while that was hard to do cost wise, DH reminded me the cost of us getting the QSDP waas aobut $10 a day (the difference between rack rate with FD and the 10% off coupon,) so that made it easler to "swallow." ;)

I didn't see any turkeys, but wore ours daily. We did meet one Disser on the bus one night, she had a LGMH on her bag.

It was an amazing trip, sad that we are 700+ days away from the next but so glad we were lucky enough to go at all, so many never will and that maes me sad, every child (and mom and dad for that matter) should be able to enjoy such a carefree, amazing week.

Can't wait to catch up as soon as I can...

I love my hubby so much! :love: We were discussing Sunday a few things that I had wanted to do and didn't get a chance to on this trip and he said "Well, why don't you just go down there this coming weekend?" :worship: After chatting some more and thinking about Christmas and all I decided it really wasn't feasible, even for just a day trip. :sad2: BUT I couldn't help teasing my kids, that I was going to go, which led to my oldest asking me who I would be taking. I told her noone since it would not be fair to whoever did not get to go. She pipes up then and says well you can just take turns taking each of us down there one at a time. Well needless to say being the Disney freak that I am and the fact that we have these wonderful seasonal passes I got an idea! :idea::lmao:

Hubby and I discussed it last nite and starting most likely in January we will each take one child at a time (two trips per parent) and do just what she suggested. :laughing: More then likely I will plan one nite in a hotel somewhere off site (to keep down on costs) and we will get up early on a Saturday morning, take whichever child gets to go that weekend, spend a full day in the parks and drive home on Sunday.

With life being what it is and having four kids we do not always get a lot of one-on-one time with them, so this would be the perfect opportunity for all of us to reconnect. As well, they are all growing so fast, so what better way to create some lasting memories! :woohoo:

Trackey! Love your idea!! This past April, my husband did that with my oldest son. He has always wanted to go to New York City..me nor the little two really wanted to go...it wasn't a good time and they aren't too interested in the big city yet....so Mike took him alone. They stayed 4 nights and had a wonderful time! So..we figure when each kid is 13 or 14, we will take them some where one-on-one like that. We can't do Disney one-on-one...it's too much of our 'family place'!! So, it will be somewhere else that they have always wanted to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter