The Office July 4 GG Photo Thread

No, heat in Texas and Florida are pretty even. We just like your state!

Is it dry heat in Texas? It's been quite a while since I've visited Texas, I can't remember what the heat was like.

That's the one thing I'll never forget about Death Valley when we visited when I was a kid. I'm expecting this scorching heat, like unbearable, but it wasn't that bad at all. Because there is NO humidity, it's just dry heat. I mean, it's hot for sure, but humidity to me is always the killer :/

Is it dry heat in Texas? It's been quite a while since I've visited Texas, I can't remember what the heat was like.

That's the one thing I'll never forget about Death Valley when we visited when I was a kid. I'm expecting this scorching heat, like unbearable, but it wasn't that bad at all. Because there is NO humidity, it's just dry heat. I mean, it's hot for sure, but humidity to me is always the killer :/

Don't kid your self we get 100% humidity all the time.:headache:

It's not totally dry heat. We have some humidity. I think both of our states are just hot in the summer! But you have the Fort and Mickey!

It's not totally dry heat. We have some humidity. I think both of our states are just hot in the summer! But you have the Fort and Mickey!

as my cousin once said, stick your head in an oven and tell me it's a dry heat...... Texas is worse, at least we get the gulf breezes....

Yea, I couldn't remember what it was like in Texas. I assumed probably the coastal areas would have humidity, just didn't know about the more inland parts.

That's what sucks about heat compared to cold. At least with the cold, you can layer more and more clothers to stay warm, and can actually at least make yourself somewhat comfortable even in extreme cold. With heat, you can only remove so much clothing, and not much more you can do after that.

I'll be sure to think about this while I'm working in the yard in the heat tomorrow morning...lol

The heat depends on where you are in the state. The Houston area is very humid.

Welcome home Mary Anne! I am glad you were able to make it to the GG.

Shelley

I'll take Atlantic over Gulf breezes any day, if it's coming from the Gulf, that means it's coming across the state, and those are the hottest nastiest muggiest winds, ugh.

It hit 102.9 at my house today with out the heat index.:scared:

I wanted to say "That's hot", but then I started feeling like Paris Hilton all of a sudden....lol.

Speaking of hot mornings working in the yard, I just realized it's almost 1 AM, time to get some sleep!

I wanted to say "That's hot", but then I started feeling like Paris Hilton all of a sudden....lol.

Speaking of hot mornings working in the yard, I just realized it's almost 1 AM, time to get some sleep!

I knew Paris Hilton, and you're no Paris Hilton.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Thanks, Pete! It was 101 in Dallas today. That move to Florida looks better all the time!

We moved from Dallas to the Atlanta area about 2 years ago. They say its hot here...but this is nothing like the heat in north Texas! But it sure is nice to be able to pull our camper down to the Fort and be there in 8 hours! :)

We moved from Dallas to the Atlanta area about 2 years ago. They say its hot here...but this is nothing like the heat in north Texas! But it sure is nice to be able to pull our camper down to the Fort and be there in 8 hours! :)

8 hours sounds like heaven! Yes, you are not missing anything with the heat here right now. We returned to our downstairs air going out but we still have air upstairs! We will just think of the fort at Christmas!

A cup of coffee so far. They have bagels w/ cream cheese and grapes at church so I guess that will be it. For lunch it will be Brucci's. No kabobs until the next camp trip.

Donnie!!!!!! You're going to Church!!!!!!????? :goodvibes

Say a prayer for me....today I'm a heathen.

A cup of coffee so far. They have bagels w/ cream cheese and grapes at church so I guess that will be it. For lunch it will be Brucci's. No kabobs until the next camp trip.
I had coffee, honey-nut cheerios w/blueberry yogurt instead of milk. YuM!!! Our church puts the fellowship snack hour on hold for the summer....which is a good thing for me. Any left-overs get left in the refrigerator for the Pastor & the Secretary (me) to nosh on during the week. I never thought I'd see the day when I got sick of chocolate covered donuts....even Entenmann's!!!

dang, i go to church and all they have is an empty basket they want you to fill......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter