***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Jambo!!

Best rooms at resort?? I know it can’t get much better than a savanna view, but based on everyone’s experience what are some of your favorite buildings and rooms at the resort?

Jambo!!

Best rooms at resort?? I know it can’t get much better than a savanna view, but based on everyone’s experience what are some of your favorite buildings and rooms at the resort?
There are only 2 buildings - Jambo & Kidani & you book one or the other. Jambo villas are on the 5th floor (and club on the 6th.) There are fewer villas at Jambo, so they tend to book faster. They’re slightly smaller than Kidani villas & there are no dedicated 2 br.s (the 2 br.s are all lock offs.) I personally prefer Jambo because of the awesome lobby & I like the convenience of the QS Mara. A lot of Jambo standard views overlook a savanna. The savanna overlooks are above the lobby check in counter (Sunset,) behind the lobby (Arusha,) and out by the pool (Uzimza.)
Kidani is all DVC, the 1 br. & up villas have an extra bathroom, there are dedicated & lock off 2 br.s. You can be on any floor at Kidani, personally I’d ask for Sunset savanna view because the smaller Pembe savanna does not have giraffes. The kid’s splash play area is at Kidani’s pool, but you can use both pools. The Savanna outlooks are behind the lobby (Sunset,) and by the pool (Pembe.)
The park buses usually stop at Kidani first, Jambo second, Disney Springs buses stop Jambo first, Kidani second. There’s a convenient shuttle that runs between the two buildings if you’re walked out & don’t want to make the 10-15 minute walk between the buildings.
Here’s a link to my post last May, w/ my photos of my favorite Jambo standard so far - 2 br. 5344/5346. https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...-come-and-chat.1815576/page-205#post-64036638

Hi all! We are staying in a 2 bedroom lock-off in Jambo House this fall. We have a couple of down days and I thought we may cook a meal or 2 in the room. We don't usually do this as it's vacation, so ya know! However, we actually want to this time. I've searched for pics on types of pots/pans/utensils will be there but am not coming up with anything to see. Anyone here have firsthand knowledge on how well the kitchens are stocked for use? TIA! I do plan on bringing my own crockpot (we are driving).

Hi all! We are staying in a 2 bedroom lock-off in Jambo House this fall. We have a couple of down days and I thought we may cook a meal or 2 in the room. We don't usually do this as it's vacation, so ya know! However, we actually want to this time. I've searched for pics on types of pots/pans/utensils will be there but am not coming up with anything to see. Anyone here have firsthand knowledge on how well the kitchens are stocked for use? TIA! I do plan on bringing my own crockpot (we are driving).

Found list on All Ears, who copied the list plastered to the inside of the cabinets:

Kitchen

Beverage Glasses 8
Broiler Pan
Cereal Bowls 8
Coffee/Decaf Coffee (if all you drink is decaffe they will swap out the regular upon request)
Coffee Maker
Coffee Mugs 8
Colander
Cookie Sheet
Cookware Set 11 piece
Covered 2 Quart Casserole
Creamer/Sugar Bowl Set
Cutting Board
Dinner Plates 8
Dish Drainer
Dish Towel
Dish Detergent
Dishwashing Soap
Grater
Ice Bucket
Juice Glasses 8
Measuring Cup
Mixing Bowl – 3 piece set
Oblong 3 Quart Dish
Pitcher
Platter
Pot Holders 2
Salad Bowl
Salad Plates 8
Storage Containers 3
Tea Kettle
Toaster
Vegetable Bowl
Wastebasket & Recycle Basket
Wine Glasses 8

Kitchen Drawers

Bottle Opener
Bread Knife
Can Opener
Corkscrew
Cutlery Tray
Dinner Forks 8
Dinner Knives 8
Measuring Spoon set
Paring Knife
Roaster Slicer
Salad Forks 8
Serving Fork
Slotted Spoon
Serving Spoon
Soup Ladle
Soup Spoons 8
Spatula
Sponge
Steak Knives 8
Tablespoons 2
Teaspoons 8
Tongs 1
Vegetable Peeler
Whisk

Items Available Upon Request and Based on Availability

Bed Rails
Blender
Electric Mixer
Hangers
High Chair
Extra Pillows/Blankets/Sheets
Salt and Pepper
Voltage Converter

Hi all! We are staying in a 2 bedroom lock-off in Jambo House this fall. We have a couple of down days and I thought we may cook a meal or 2 in the room. We don't usually do this as it's vacation, so ya know! However, we actually want to this time. I've searched for pics on types of pots/pans/utensils will be there but am not coming up with anything to see. Anyone here have firsthand knowledge on how well the kitchens are stocked for use? TIA! I do plan on bringing my own crockpot (we are drivin
There are only 2 buildings - Jambo & Kidani & you book one or the other. Jambo villas are on the 5th floor (and club on the 6th.) There are fewer villas at Jambo, so they tend to book faster. They’re slightly smaller than Kidani villas & there are no dedicated 2 br.s (the 2 br.s are all lock offs.) I personally prefer Jambo because of the awesome lobby & I like the convenience of the QS Mara. A lot of Jambo standard views overlook a savanna. The savanna overlooks are above the lobby check in counter (Sunset,) behind the lobby (Arusha,) and out by the pool (Uzimza.)
Kidani is all DVC, the 1 br. & up villas have an extra bathroom, there are dedicated & lock off 2 br.s. You can be on any floor at Kidani, personally I’d ask for Sunset savanna view because the smaller Pembe savanna does not have giraffes. The kid’s splash play area is at Kidani’s pool, but you can use both pools. The Savanna outlooks are behind the lobby (Sunset,) and by the pool (Pembe.)
The park buses usually stop at Kidani first, Jambo second, Disney Springs buses stop Jambo first, Kidani second. There’s a convenient shuttle that runs between the two buildings if you’re walked out & don’t want to make the 10-15 minute walk between the buildings.
Here’s a link to my post last May, w/ my photos of my favorite Jambo standard so far - 2 br. 5344/5346. https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...-come-and-chat.1815576/page-205#post-64036638
Thank you!!

Our ROFR passed on our Very First DVC Contract -200 pts AKV!! We're so stoked. We can't close until Oct, but that's fine by us. We got ROFR'd on our first resale attempt so we were feeling very vortunate to pass this one.
Congrats! We look forward to welcoming you home! 🦒

We just booked our first stay at Kidani through a DVC rental. We are staying in a standard studio and I was wondering if there are any specific rooms/areas we can request to try to get at least a partial savannah view?

We just booked our first stay at Kidani through a DVC rental. We are staying in a standard studio and I was wondering if there are any specific rooms/areas we can request to try to get at least a partial savannah view?
Request the rental agency to have the DVC member providing the rental put in a request (non-guaranteed) through member services for a room "near the Pumbaa elevator." All the standard view rooms anywhere near that elevator are situated directly over the Pembe Savanna (i.e., it is a full, not just partial, savanna view). The downside is that if you succeed in getting that request granted, you will have a very long walk to the lobby and bus station.

Request the rental agency to have the DVC member providing the rental put in a request (non-guaranteed) through member services for a room "near the Pumbaa elevator." All the standard view rooms anywhere near that elevator are situated directly over the Pembe Savanna (i.e., it is a full, not just partial, savanna view). The downside is that if you succeed in getting that request granted, you will have a very long walk to the lobby and bus station.
Thank you!

Hi AKL experts! I booked a savanna view studio for my brother's 40th birthday celebration and was wondering what you could suggest for room requests. I was thinking Sunset Savanna, high floor, close to the community hall? I have never stayed there myself so I have no real experience to draw from. Are there better ways to narrow down the room request to better the chance for a good room? Specific building name or room numbers? Thanks so much for your suggestions and assistance! :flower3:

Hi AKL experts! I booked a savanna view studio for my brother's 40th birthday celebration and was wondering what you could suggest for room requests. I was thinking Sunset Savanna, high floor, close to the community hall? I have never stayed there myself so I have no real experience to draw from. Are there better ways to narrow down the room request to better the chance for a good room? Specific building name or room numbers? Thanks so much for your suggestions and assistance! :flower3:
Request lowest floor, you’ll have the better view of the animals

Did you book Kidani or Jambo house? Sunset savanna applies to both, so that's a good first request, but all Jambo DVC villas are on high floors (5th, maybe 6th, can't remember) while Kidani all floors are DVC, and I agree with above that a lower floor is better due to being closer to the animals' level as well as below the tree canopy.

You do not say which building, Jambo or Kidani, the reservation is in. At AKV, you cannot make a request to be in another "building" than the particular one you have reserved. The requests you list would indicate you have Kidani because (a) all standard and savanna view rooms at Jambo are on the fifth floor and thus it is pointless to request high floor, and (b) Kidani has a community hall, Jambo does not. Assuming you have Kidani, then I would recommend that your lead request be a view of Sunset savanna, the large savanna that has giraffes and zebras (the smaller Pembe does not). More than 80% of the savanna view rooms at Kidani overlook Sunset, and thus chances of having that request granted are high.

Your second listed request should not be high (or low) floor because requests are considered and granted in the order given and next to getting Sunset savanna view, the most important request to make is one for an area location in the building. The Kidani building is, from end to end, close to 2/3 mile long, meaning if you get a room anywhere near the end of one of the two wings, your walks to the pool, lobby, restaurants, store and bus station can be forever.

As to an area request, if you want to be near community hall, I would recommend requesting a room near the Timon elevator. That elevator on the south wing (front entrance of Kidani faces west) provides a short trip to the bus station and a reasonable distance to lobby, community hall (which is right next to lobby) and the pool (on the north wing). I would not request to be near Community Hall because that is essentially the same as requesting near the lobby. If you get that request granted it is fine. But the the problem with a near lobby request is that large numbers make that request and many do not get it because of the excess requests for it, and if a location request cannot be met, they just stick in any available room, which at Kidani is often one far from everything. Note, if you would rather be close to the pool and a similar reasonable distance to the lobby and the bus station, then request near the Rafiki elevator, which is on the north wing.

Third request, if you want to make one (we never do) could be high floor for more panoramic view or low floor for more direct view of the animals (many prefer the latter but we are fine with either).

Any requests should go through MS and you should then not use the area request page provided in the online check-in system. Doing so will wipe out any requests made through MS and the requests listed on that online page border on the ridiculous, e.g., at Kidani you can request near "an elevator." There are three elevators located along each of the two wings, and unless you can actually name the elevator you want in making the request, like Timon or Rafiki, a near elevator request can be met by putting you in any room in the building.

Last edited:
Thanks for all of your replies and helpful suggestions! Yes, sorry, forgot to include that the room is booked on Kidani side. I appreciate the tips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter