***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Hi
I’m a newbie looking into buying my first dvc resale. I’ve been looking at AK or CCV. I’m from uk so will be coming every other year. If all the kids decide to come I’ll need a 2 bed villa. We will only be able to travel in uk school holidays.
Any advice or tips on buying. I’ve not stayed at AK but my kids love the look of it and seeing the animals. Thanks so much x

Hi
I’m a newbie looking into buying my first dvc resale. I’ve been looking at AK or CCV. I’m from uk so will be coming every other year. If all the kids decide to come I’ll need a 2 bed villa. We will only be able to travel in uk school holidays.
Any advice or tips on buying. I’ve not stayed at AK but my kids love the look of it and seeing the animals. Thanks so much x
My main tip is look for a contract that works for your family. I own at AKV and LOVE it. I like the idea of buying smaller contracts to add up to the amount I want. Also - do some research on use years that would work best for you and your family.

Side note - AKV will be renovated seemingly at the start of 2025

I made a reservation this week to stay at AKV next March!
I know that there is a planned refurbishment in 2025. Does anyone know if it will be limited to just the rooms? Or will the pool(s), restaurant(s), lobby, etc also be potentially affected?

Hi
For AKL I would advise to buy the amount of points youll need to book at least the standard villas. You can't count on being able to get the value villas, even at 11 months.

Hey all. My wife and I just became DVC owners. We bought BLT and our contract had 38 leftover pts for 2023 so my 16 year old son and I are traveling down in June. As of right now I was able to get a standard view studio at Kidani Village. We will only be down there for two full days and it will be a full park trip and we plan to knock out rides all day until the parks close so we will not be at the resort much. My question is would there be any reason to try and get into Jambo House if I can? Would there really be a difference for us? Or should I just be content where we are? This is my first DVC stay ever.

How is the bus system at AKL? Would I ever need to consider an uber or I should be fine with the buses at any time. Thanks

Hey all. My wife and I just became DVC owners. We bought BLT and our contract had 38 leftover pts for 2023 so my 16 year old son and I are traveling down in June. As of right now I was able to get a standard view studio at Kidani Village. We will only be down there for two full days and it will be a full park trip and we plan to knock out rides all day until the parks close so we will not be at the resort much. My question is would there be any reason to try and get into Jambo House if I can? Would there really be a difference for us? Or should I just be content where we are? This is my first DVC stay ever.

How is the bus system at AKL? Would I ever need to consider an uber or I should be fine with the buses at any time. Thanks
It probably depends on how much time you plan to spend at the resort (and it sounds like not that much). If you're staying on the Kidani side, you can easily walk to Jambo for the restaurants (Boma, Jiko, The Mara are at Jambo) and the souvenir shop. Sanaa is at Kidani. Rooms on both sides are very nice - we actually prefer the rooms at Kidani slightly.

The buses at AKL work pretty well, with only 2 stops - 1 at Kidani and 1 at Jambo House. The only longer bus ride is the one to Magic Kingdom - if that's a park you plan to do. The other parks aren't that long of a ride. But I wouldn't recommend an Uber to Magic Kingdom, as you get dropped off at the Ticket & Trans Center, and then need to boat or monorail the rest. Not sure if any of this helps, but enjoy your stay!

It probably depends on how much time you plan to spend at the resort (and it sounds like not that much). If you're staying on the Kidani side, you can easily walk to Jambo for the restaurants (Boma, Jiko, The Mara are at Jambo) and the souvenir shop. Sanaa is at Kidani. Rooms on both sides are very nice - we actually prefer the rooms at Kidani slightly.

The buses at AKL work pretty well, with only 2 stops - 1 at Kidani and 1 at Jambo House. The only longer bus ride is the one to Magic Kingdom - if that's a park you plan to do. The other parks aren't that long of a ride. But I wouldn't recommend an Uber to Magic Kingdom, as you get dropped off at the Ticket & Trans Center, and then need to boat or monorail the rest. Not sure if any of this helps, but enjoy your stay!
Agreed on this. However, if you do a Minnie Van through lyft it will drop you off at the entrance to MK (bus stops) but it is much more expensive than a standard lyft.

People make the busses out to be worse than they are IMO. No it isn't as convenient as walking a few minutes from BLT to get to Magic Kingdom, but they're not terrible. They are dedicated busses and stop nowhere but Jambo and Kidani. They come frequently throughout the day, but I can see it being slightly aggrivating if you just miss your bus and have to wait for the next to come. Be sure to check the bus times in the app and make sure you leave your room with plenty of time to make it to the bus stop before your planned departure. I'm definitely in the camp of "just relax and enjoy the ride." If you want to rent a car or Uber to pay a bit of money in order to save a few minutes, that's up to you, but for me personally I don't feel that it's necessary. The first bus out will get you there in plenty of time for rope drop if that's your goal.

If you won't be spending much of any time at the resort, there's not really much materially different between the two. My only caution with three people in a studio is that the pullout bed isn't great for either Kidani or Jambo. I'd rather sleep on the folded up couch than pull out the bed personally.

People make the busses out to be worse than they are IMO. No it isn't as convenient as walking a few minutes from BLT to get to Magic Kingdom, but they're not terrible. They are dedicated busses and stop nowhere but Jambo and Kidani. They come frequently throughout the day, but I can see it being slightly aggrivating if you just miss your bus and have to wait for the next to come. Be sure to check the bus times in the app and make sure you leave your room with plenty of time to make it to the bus stop before your planned departure. I'm definitely in the camp of "just relax and enjoy the ride." If you want to rent a car or Uber to pay a bit of money in order to save a few minutes, that's up to you, but for me personally I don't feel that it's necessary. The first bus out will get you there in plenty of time for rope drop if that's your goal.

If you won't be spending much of any time at the resort, there's not really much materially different between the two. My only caution with three people in a studio is that the pullout bed isn't great for either Kidani or Jambo. I'd rather sleep on the folded up couch than pull out the bed personally.
I think the pull out single chair is more comfortable than that sofa bed.
The big difference between Kidani & Jambo in a standard view IMO is that you have a much better chance of getting a villa overlooking a savanna w/ standard at Jambo, but if you aren’t going to be in the room much 🤷‍♀️.
We fly in & use Disney transportation, AKV/L has pretty reliable bus service, especially going to the parks, leaving the parks at prime exit times can be frustrating - but that’s true wherever we stay. Park buses pick up & drop off at Kidani first Jambo second.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter