*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

We have not been in August since our first Disney trip in 2002. We usually go in July but with DD finishing up internships and lab assistant work for college, August was the chosen month this year. Please add us August 7th-17th BWI, our home away from home. Our touring style has changed over the years after many trips so rope drop one park, break, evening park, a couple of relax days.

Any suggestions for a room request at the Polynesian? We are booked in a standard room. We will be there in August, so looking for 'close to pool / lobby'. I have no idea on the layout of the Poynesian. We are deep sleepers so I don't need quiet, but rather convenient (my dad, late 70's coming with us and if I can I'd like to save him a few steps to lobby or transportation) Are they named? Suggestions? @Disneylover99 ? TIA

We are in the planning stages for late August 2019.

We were hoping to stay at the Poly, but the price jump has us on the fence. Poly and GF are significantly higher than all the other delux resorts.

If we can’t justify the price where else would you suggest we stay?

Park wise I we will plan to do each park at least once- no idea which parks, if any, we will do more than once. Still in planning mode

It really depends on what amenities matter to you, but the moderates are a nice compromise. Not as close to the parks but bigger rooms than the Value resorts.

Any suggestions for a room request at the Polynesian? We are booked in a standard room. We will be there in August, so looking for 'close to pool / lobby'. I have no idea on the layout of the Poynesian. We are deep sleepers so I don't need quiet, but rather convenient (my dad, late 70's coming with us and if I can I'd like to save him a few steps to lobby or transportation) Are they named? Suggestions? @Disneylover99 ? TIA
I'd definitely recommend Rarotonga. It's right next to the Great Ceremonial House, close to both pools, but most importantly, it's the closest standard room longhouse to the bus stop and TTC.

Hello! Add us to the list! We are booked 8/2 - 8/7 at CR and 8/7 - 8/10 at YC. There are four of us, kids will be 7 & 3. We went last August and, while HOT, we found it more manageable than we anticipated. That trip we stayed at Pop and went from sun up to sun down - just three park days. We're hoping to make this trip more "leisurely" and less rushed/more naps. We've never done park hoppers so trying to figure out how to work our days to plan for ADR! We plan to take at least one of our last full days at YC for nothing but Stormalong Bay!

Added you to the roll call.

Ok. It’s official. I bailed from CBR, changed dates, and am now locked in August 21 to sept 1 at , yes, omg, the poly!!! Our first family trip when kiddos were little was at the poly. We have done a few other trips when growing up (mostly at POR, AKL, and BC). Have not been been back to Disney for several years. Now our youngest will be turning 21 this summer, and we are doing a big old ‘ 21 And DONE ‘ trip!!!

I told kids I won’t be taking them back again until I have grandkids. Lol.

I am so excited to be going. Things have changed so much since I have last been there. I have a small hope that I might see the gondolas in action.... fingers crossed.

Add me to the list please Tomh

You have been added.

We have not been in August since our first Disney trip in 2002. We usually go in July but with DD finishing up internships and lab assistant work for college, August was the chosen month this year. Please add us August 7th-17th BWI, our home away from home. Our touring style has changed over the years after many trips so rope drop one park, break, evening park, a couple of relax days.

Added you to the roll call.

We are in the planning stages for late August 2019.

We were hoping to stay at the Poly, but the price jump has us on the fence. Poly and GF are significantly higher than all the other delux resorts.

If we can’t justify the price where else would you suggest we stay?

Park wise I we will plan to do each park at least once- no idea which parks, if any, we will do more than once. Still in planning mode

Port Orleans French Quarter is number 1 moderate IMO but I don't think they have free dining if you were looking for that promotion. Riverside would probably be my first option that has free dining.

I will second Riverside. We stayed there quite a few times, and especially enjoyed the lush vegetation around the Alligator Bayou section of the resort.

Done.

The roll call is picking up steam quickly now :)

I'll just add that we're always up for meeting new people and are traveling with DS12 and DS9 - I'd be open to connecting with folks that are there at the same time we are, even if just to get the kids to occupy themselves for a few minutes LOL

I'll just add that we're always up for meeting new people and are traveling with DS12 and DS9 - I'd be open to connecting with folks that are there at the same time we are, even if just to get the kids to occupy themselves for a few minutes LOL
Last year, I made a half hearted attempt at suggesting a group meet up, perhaps for the afternoon parade at MK or something. Nothing came of it. Perhaps this year something will happen.

I guess we won't really have an idea of what could work until we all start to figure out what parks we are going to be in each day.

In this vein, I might venture to set up some kind of document, perhaps in the facebook group, where we can enter our park days, so that it will be easy to see where our park days overlap. That would go a long way towards allowing us to figure out when a good day for a meet up might be.

Hey everyone! Surprised the kids (DS 13, DS 11 & DD 7) on Christmas morn with a vaca back to WDW and although it's rather far off it gives us all something fun to look forward & countdown to and plan together, plus, my DD is FINALLY tall enough to ride it all.. YAY!!
Please add me to the roll call.. July 29th - August 7th at CBR, thank you! (BTW.. hope hanging here is okay since most of our days fall in August).

Hey everyone! Surprised the kids (DS 13, DS 11 & DD 7) on Christmas morn with a vaca back to WDW and although it's rather far off it gives us all something fun to look forward & countdown to and plan together, plus, my DD is FINALLY tall enough to ride it all.. YAY!!
Please add me to the roll call.. July 29th - August 7th at CBR, thank you! (BTW.. hope hanging here is okay since most of our days fall in August).
You are added to the roll call. Congratulations, and of course you are welcome to hang here!

I'm in for August 24-31st! We're staying at The Villas at The Grand Floridian (DVC). Can't wait...now to look for information on surviving the hot weather...

Last edited:
I'm in for August 24-31st! Can't wait...now to look for information on surviving the hot weather...

We'll be there at the same time - planning lots of indoor rides, water breaks, and unlimited dole whips LOL

Also there the same time! I’m def worried about the heat. But have been gathering tips, and just planning lots of downtime.

I'm in for August 24-31st! Can't wait...now to look for information on surviving the hot weather...
You have been added to the roll call . . what resort?

I was going to say something witty about seeing you at 'Ohana, but alas, it is not to be, as we are leaving on the 20th.

Sad news for all who have enjoyed dining on the outside patio at Rose and Crown to enjoy Illuminations. Disney has figured out that there is money to be made there, and so now that area is going to be used for an Illuminations Dining Package. For $85 per guest, you will be seated at 8:00 on the uncovered patio (may be moved to the covered patio area in case of inclement weather) and enjoy an appetizer (either the Scotch Egg, or the Cheese Platter) an entree (choose from Bangers and Mash, Corned Beef and Cabbage, Scottish Salmon, or Fish and Chips) and for dessert, the Pudding Platter Trio. The meal comes with unlimited alcoholic, and non-alcoholic beverages.

Whether I am interested will be directly related to whether there is any wiggle room in the menu. My wife won't eat any of the entree's they've listed, and I can't have the dessert. If we can make substitutions, then we will probably spring for it. If not, we will schedule our usual Rose & Crown meal, and hope we get a seat on the covered section of the patio.

Sad news for all who have enjoyed dining on the outside patio at Rose and Crown to enjoy Illuminations. Disney has figured out that there is money to be made there, and so now that area is going to be used for an Illuminations Dining Package. For $85 per guest, you will be seated at 8:00 on the uncovered patio (may be moved to the covered patio area in case of inclement weather) and enjoy an appetizer (either the Scotch Egg, or the Cheese Platter) an entree (choose from Bangers and Mash, Corned Beef and Cabbage, Scottish Salmon, or Fish and Chips) and for dessert, the Pudding Platter Trio. The meal comes with unlimited alcoholic, and non-alcoholic beverages.

Whether I am interested will be directly related to whether there is any wiggle room in the menu. My wife won't eat any of the entree's they've listed, and I can't have the dessert. If we can make substitutions, then we will probably spring for it. If not, we will schedule our usual Rose & Crown meal, and hope we get a seat on the covered section of the patio.

That does stink that they are charging a premium for it. But it is a better deal than the dessert parties imo. I'd rather pay for a meal than dessert. Although I'd rather of gotten that meal $50 cheaper.

Honestly, Disney is really getting out of hand with the upcharges. I know that people are willing to pay for them and they are business looking to make money. It's really just starting to irk me. I'm also nervous about what's going to happen when Star Wars Land opens. I feel like that is going to drive prices up for EVERYTHING. I told DH that I want to take a couple years off from Disney after the August trip. Of course he responded with "Nah, maybe one year". lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter