The Official DIS Oscars LIVE Watch Party Thread!!! TONITE!

I know what that's like. Too many times I have started a book rather late at night, then end up staying up all hours, bleary-eyed, reading because it turns out to be great, and can't put it down till I drop. :coffee:šŸ˜µā€šŸ’« šŸ„°
I have done this (above) way too often. It was a 450 page book I started yesterday and I didn't want to stretch it to a third day. :-)

I just watch Poor Things tonight instead of the Oscars. Emma Stone was amazing ā€¦ but I really donā€™t recall a movie in a long time with that much sex. Holy cow! Literally half the movie was sex scenes. Seriously, it became passe after the 4th or 5th ā€œfurious jumpingā€ *yawn*. I saw the movie won for costume design and I was amused because she was undressed for half the movie. That being said, I did like the costumes and the whole steampunk production design. I liked the movie but I had heard it was ā€œweirdā€ so I was ready.

Thanks @Imzadi for hosting and everyone for giving their perspectives I have enjoyed reading the thread. Sadly due to working two jobs now I canā€™t always participate in real time. See ya all next award season

I haven't read the whole thread, but what was up with Michelle Yeoh's tag on her dress? I saw her on the red carpet and thought maybe that was a mistake (that part of her dress had flopped over), but then I waited to see her present and the tag was still there with that piece folded over. I guess it was supposed to be that way, but I found it strange. She looked gorgeous though!

I just watch Poor Things tonight instead of the Oscars. Emma Stone was amazing ā€¦ but I really donā€™t recall a movie in a long time with that much sex. Holy cow! Literally half the movie was sex scenes. Seriously, it became passe after the 4th or 5th ā€œfurious jumpingā€ *yawn*. I saw the movie won for costume design and I was amused because she was undressed for half the movie. That being said, I did like the costumes and the whole steampunk production design. I liked the movie but I had heard it was ā€œweirdā€ so I was ready.

Oh, Kimmel made a joke about this. Emma gave a little side-eye and mouthed something to her husband. People are saying she called him a p***k. However, earlier Kimmel had also compared her character to Republican Katie Britt.

Then after she won, Kimmel said, ā€œHey guys, make sure we tear up that (her) envelope so there's no confusion with Best Picture.ā€ I forgot he was the host when Stoneā€™s La La Land was mistakenly announced for Best Picture in 2017. What a mess that was.

I didn't watch, but the list of winners is pretty underwhelming to me. That's just my personal opinion though.

I DVR'd and watched this morning (careful to not to see any news first) and then came here to catch up.

I enjoyed the show and was glad it was free of major drama this time (and glad the red carpet was back!) I loved how they had previous winners address the major nominees directly, and my favorite song was all the Kens.

"Oppen-homies?" That's the cast's nickname?
I heard it was the name of a group text thread they had.

What's up with the man brooch trend?
I kind of liked that.

Ariana Grande is wearing enough dress for 4 women!
I agree - that was my least favorite dress. I can't imagine being at all comfortable in something like that!

...floating straps. I am not a fan.
Me neither. Emily Blunt's were a little odd, but the underwear detailing made it worse. Florence Pugh's dress just reminded me of the Jetson's.

I didn't particularly like Melissa McCarthy's either. I think it's great that there are more inclusive styles now, but the colors really didn't go together.

Aw, that little girl is so cute. And that dress is perfect for the Oscars. šŸ„°
Yes - definitely my favorite dress, and she just seemed so happy to be there!

I loved Michelle Yeoh's dress, too.

And, probably an unpopular opinion, but I actually liked Julianne Hough's pantsuit that kind of looked like a dress.

Emma Stone looked genuinely shocked.
I think so too! I really do not think she expected to win.

There are a few movies I need to check out after tonight.
I agree! I printed the list (thank you, @Imzadi!!!) and noted which ones I still want to see as they came up.

What's up with the man brooch trend?
I kind of liked that.

@PollyannaMom *It grew on me as the night went on. There was a certain artfulness and pop to them that gets lost in a lot of the women's jewelry. That's not to say that I don't love some of the bling on the ladies, but in cases like Robert Downey, Jr., his was reminiscent of a corsage. Others, like Matthew McMconaughey, it was like a bejeweled support ribbon. Simu Liu's was also functional, as it appeared to be helping secure his jacket. Since they were on tuxedos, which are usually much more subdued in color/pattern, they really jumped out.

As a bit of an aside, isn't it time people stopped going on at Robert D Jr about his past with drugs (especially bearing in mind how he was introduced to them! šŸ˜²). ...Let alone trying to make jokes about it. If you give him a break, you also give a break to recovering addicts who might be watching.

RDJ...it's about time he won an Oscar!šŸ˜
Kimmel...never liked him or his so called humor.šŸ¤¢
Pacino...says he was told to just announce the winner and not the nominees. šŸ˜³

Also disappointed for Lily.ā˜¹ļø

Pacino...says he was told to just announce the winner and not the nominees. šŸ˜³

That's because all the nominations with the bit of a preview they show of each of the movies were pre-taped.

Maybe there was a glitch in the teleprompter where he should have said, "The nominees are. . ." and then they roll the tape.

Because it looked like he did look at the teleprompter (which is usually in front or above the camera lens) and it had some instruction on it, and he said something like, "Now, I'm just supposed to go to the envelope. . ." and of course, we all know that's only to announce the winner.

As a bit of an aside, isn't it time people stopped going on at Robert D Jr about his past with drugs (especially bearing in mind how he was introduced to them! šŸ˜²). ...Let alone trying to make jokes about it. If you give him a break, you also give a break to recovering addicts who might be watching.

I do think Jimmy went on way too long about Downey Jr's past, yet I think Jimmy was trying to show how Downey Jr went from being arrested in 1996 for possession of heroin, cocaine and an unloaded 357-caliber Magnum. Even though he had been given a three-year probation and required to undergo mandatory drug testing, a year later, he had to spend nearly four months in the Los Angeles County jail after he skipped a court-ordered drug test. Everyone thought he was done in Hollywood. Then he's there winning all the awards he was nominated for this year and will possibly win the Oscar..

He is one of the BIGGEST and BEST come-back stories of all time.
award.gif
šŸ„°

And I think his personal story is about if he can do it, anyone watching at home can do it too, in whatever their own life is about.

Bradley Cooper is another come-back story. He was a regular on Alias. He was fired off the show when it became clear he had a drug problem. His then roommate, Will Arnet had a hard talk with him and set him on his road to recovery. Bradley pays it forward by talking to others. Brad Pitt openly acknowledged Bradley as the one who helped him get sober.

I love come-back / pay it forward stories like these. šŸ„°

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter