The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

As a silly DVC owner I was trying to collect two items for the resorts we own, one being tote bags for carrying around our stuff during our stays or for the pool. As Disney won’t let us order Riviera stuff off the site I had to do a custom order on one.

View attachment 843019

The collection is complete…. For now

View attachment 843020

Mug collection to hopefully be complete when we hit up the grand cal in a few weeks….
What mug did you get for Riviera? I haven't found one I like during our visits. But I love my Contemporary mug a lot (I'm counting that for BLT).

We are 7 days away from our first DVC stay! We are doing rope drop at MK on Tuesday. What's the recommended time to be down to catch the bus? Not sure how long it takes to get to MK from RIV. Thanks! We are very excited!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-03-25 at 10.14.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-25 at 10.14.04 AM.png
    511.4 KB · Views: 29
We are 7 days away from our first DVC stay! We are doing rope drop at MK on Tuesday. What's the recommended time to be down to catch the bus? Not sure how long it takes to get to MK from RIV. Thanks! We are very excited!
To be near the front of the pack for early entry, you’ll want to be on the first bus leaving RIV for MK, which will be about an hour before stated early entry opening time. To be on that first bus, it’s recommended you be at the bus stop 90 minutes before stated early entry time.

We check in to Riviera on Monday and I am beyond excited! RR is my favorite resort and I am a Grand Flo girl through and through but sorry GF - Riviera has my heart. This will be a girls trip and my bestie's first time staying at the Riviera. I have Topolino's booked and we will spend lots of time at Bar Riva and the quick service eateries around the resort. We will have a mostly resort trip with just a couple park days.

Looking forward to lots of relaxing and enjoying this beautiful resort. Those of you that have RR as your home resort are so fortunate! :love:

Last edited:
We check in to Riviera on Monday and I am beyond excited! RR is my favorite resort and I am a Grand Flo girl through and through but sorry GF - Riviera has my heart. This will be a girls trip and my bestie's first time staying at the Riviera. I have Topolino's booked and we will spend lots of time at Bar Riva and the quick service eateries around the resort. We will have a mostly resort trip with just a couple park days.

Looking forward to lots of relaxing and enjoying this beautiful resort. Those of you that have RR as your home resort are so fortunate! :love:
RR is quickly becoming one of our favorites too.

So do we - see you there!

Long time DVC members back from our first Riviera trip, and it blew our minds. The skyliner was a dream, every dish at Primo Piatto wildly exceeded our expectations. We got a side of polenta with the blueberry lemon pancakes and... maybe I need to plan all future trips around that now?

The compact nature of the resort was a huge plus, so easy to grab food or use the refillable mug.

Spending all my free time since returning researching points and points charts...

Anyone else disappointed with the menu changes at Bar Riva? Some of our favorites were dropped. No more wings or salmon. Much more limited menu currently listed on the Disney app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240510_221040_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20240510_221040_Disney World.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 24
We just returned from our first stay at Riveria. My husband and I stayed in a deluxe studio. We really liked the vibe of the resort and cast are great. But, there are a couple of big negatives for us. First, the room can sleep 5. There are two showers, which is great, but one small bathroom sink and vanity. I'm not sure about most families, but one sink for 5 people would be a struggle. Even with just the two of us, I ended up either drying my hair in the bedroom area, or my husband did his tooth brushing, etc at the kitchenette sink.

Also, I know people rave about the skyliner and it is nice during the middle of the day. At park open and close, out experience was not good, however. When going to Epcot, you have to wait for a gondola that isn't full of people from Carribean Beach. That was often quite a while. Park close at Epcot, even during extended evening hours, was also a very very long line and wait to get on. We ended up not even trying to rope drop Hollywood Studios because we heard multiple people complaining about how they were at the end of the line once they got to the park despite being at the skyliner 90 minutes before park open.

Also, I know people rave about the skyliner and it is nice during the middle of the day. At park open and close, out experience was not good, however. When going to Epcot, you have to wait for a gondola that isn't full of people from Carribean Beach. That was often quite a while. Park close at Epcot, even during extended evening hours, was also a very very long line and wait to get on. We ended up not even trying to rope drop Hollywood Studios because we heard multiple people complaining about how they were at the end of the line once they got to the park despite being at the skyliner 90 minutes before park open.
Interesting and sorry that you had this experience.

When we last stayed in 2023 we had no issues getting to both EPCOT and HS with plenty of time to get in for the early entry. The towards HS route was always very light and the towards EPCOT route was being managed by the CMs to make sure at least every 3rd or 4th box was empty depending on the travelers lining up and walking towards the station at Riviera. Perhaps they were just down a few CMs during that time. I'd defiantly say something to the CMs at the Riviera station and management at the resort. They can't let this happen. Skyliner access is a key perk of the resort and I'm fairly sure dues pay a good portion of it's upkeep/operations.

Interesting and sorry that you had this experience.

When we last stayed in 2023 we had no issues getting to both EPCOT and HS with plenty of time to get in for the early entry. The towards HS route was always very light and the towards EPCOT route was being managed by the CMs to make sure at least every 3rd or 4th box was empty depending on the travelers lining up and walking towards the station at Riviera. Perhaps they were just down a few CMs during that time. I'd defiantly say something to the CMs at the Riviera station and management at the resort. They can't let this happen. Skyliner access is a key perk of the resort and I'm fairly sure dues pay a good portion of it's upkeep/operations.
Yes, this has been our experience as well in 2023. We were early to the Skyliner (90minutes) & had no issues also the CMs had empty cabins coming from other resorts so we could head to Epcot. We are staying at RIV again in July so we will see if anything has changed.

We just got back from WDW where DD 20 was finishing her DCP. We found out about the small DVC discount for current DCP's, and we ended up adding points at RIV! (already own at BLT). Only DD has seen the resort in person and ridden the Skyliner, but we are all looking forward to staying there. We gave up the 2024 points for the rebate (interesting that that is how DVD is helping to manage the points backup that Covid caused), so we are looking at May or June 2025 for our first trip there.

We stayed in a 2BR at SSR for this last trip, and it ended up being a dedicated 2BR. Both kids got to sleep in real beds, and I didn't have to be extra quiet in the kitchen in the morning. I know that there are fewer dedicated 2BR at RIV than lockoffs, but is there any way to request one? Are they about equally divided between standard and preferred views? TIA!

We just got back from WDW where DD 20 was finishing her DCP. We found out about the small DVC discount for current DCP's, and we ended up adding points at RIV! (already own at BLT). Only DD has seen the resort in person and ridden the Skyliner, but we are all looking forward to staying there. We gave up the 2024 points for the rebate (interesting that that is how DVD is helping to manage the points backup that Covid caused), so we are looking at May or June 2025 for our first trip there.

We stayed in a 2BR at SSR for this last trip, and it ended up being a dedicated 2BR. Both kids got to sleep in real beds, and I didn't have to be extra quiet in the kitchen in the morning. I know that there are fewer dedicated 2BR at RIV than lockoffs, but is there any way to request one? Are they about equally divided between standard and preferred views? TIA!
2 bedroom dedicated vs 2 bedroom lock off are different booking categories so you can 100% get the kind you want by what you book. Woot.

I know there are probably a hundred posts about this already but what is the best requests I can put in for a standard view studio?

Yes, this has been our experience as well in 2023. We were early to the Skyliner (90minutes) & had no issues also the CMs had empty cabins coming from other resorts so we could head to Epcot. We are staying at RIV again in July so we will see if anything has changed.
I'm happy to hear we may have just been there during an off week. Hopefully what happened while we were there is an anomaly!

I have tried to search with no luck. If I want to request my room be in the same tower as Primo Piatto does anyone know what I should ask for? Thank you!

I have tried to search with no luck. If I want to request my room be in the same tower as Primo Piatto does anyone know what I should ask for? Thank you!
It's all one big tower. You should ask to be on the East end, which is where Primo Piatto is. But no matter where you end up, it's going to be just a short trip down in the elevator and a short walk to Primo Piatto. I don't think it's more than five minutes from one point to another in Riviera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter