*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

First look inside the new Narcoossee's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort in Walt Disney World

Disney has shared a first look inside the new Narcoossee's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort opening April 1 2023.

Narcoossee's new-look dining room 2023

The signature restaurant has been refurbished with a new interior design and features an updated menu. Read more about the new menu.

Adding:

According to Blog Mickey -

Disney said that they aren’t done with construction in the space yet, and that “there may be select days in May and June where reservations are unavailable”.

Last edited:
At first I thought that it looks a lot like the old Narcoossees to me 🤷‍♀️ just lighter wood w/ a trendier blue replacing the former blue.
Then I took a closer look, the booths are set as 4 tops & are new - replacing tables. The 6 tops next to the windows no longer have tablecloths. Then I spotted this two top table, since I’m often a party of two I hope I never get stuck at this table 😱.
BF65353B-EB3D-4FD7-B100-6DF82055EC57.jpeg

At first I thought that it looks a lot like the old Narcoossees to me 🤷‍♀️ just lighter wood w/ a trendier blue replacing the former blue.
Then I took a closer look, the booths are set as 4 tops & are new - replacing tables. The 6 tops next to the windows no longer have tablecloths. Then I spotted this two top table, since I’m often a party of two I hope I never get stuck at this table 😱.
View attachment 749893
Yikes. We'd like to do a date night here, but would much rather be by the window. Probably not great odds for a party of 2 being sat at a table meant for 6. :(

It looks like there are a couple of two tops right behind one of the six tops by the windows .... so at least they didn't completely shut out parties of two for window views? :confused3

Screen Shot 2023-03-31 at 3.06.10 PM.png

The refreshed interior looks great to me though and I can't wait to try the updated menu!

Yikes. We'd like to do a date night here, but would much rather be by the window. Probably not great odds for a party of 2 being sat at a table meant for 6. :(
In the past we’ve been seated by the window as a party of two. We’ve also been next to the rail in the upper portion which has a nice view as well. W/ the prices Narcoossees charges I think I’ll let them know that I’d prefer to wait rather than be seated in a middle table.

FIRST LOOK: Narcoossee’s Restaurant Has Reopened in Disney World

*Click HERE for short video.

1680430200354.jpeg

Last edited:
This might be a dumb question, but are there different parking lots for the areas at GF? We are staying at the resort studios and ended up renting a car so I just want to make sure we go to the right spot when we get there.

This might be a dumb question, but are there different parking lots for the areas at GF? We are staying at the resort studios and ended up renting a car so I just want to make sure we go to the right spot when we get there.
You'll want to park in the main guest parking lot.

There's only one entrance to the Grand Floridian Resort (see map HERE ) and you can ask the guard to direct you to the main parking lot as opposed to the Villas parking lot.

Definitely do that because the original villas share a small lot with the wedding chapel.

When there's a wedding, finding any place to park in that lot can be a challenge.

Swing left after you're through the GF gate. You'll see the GF self-park lot on the left opposite the GF portico.

Additional Road Work Set to Commence Around Polynesian, Grand Floridian

Tikiman's Unofficial Polynesian Resort Pagesposted a notice regarding upcoming road work which was provided to guests at Shades of Greenresort. The notice indicates that the latest phase of the World Drive Expansion Project is set to begin on May 1, 2023. During the project, walkways between Shades of Green and Disney's Polynesian Village Resort will be closed to guests.

Starting Monday, May 1, 2023, the World Drive Expansion Project will begin between Shades of Green and the Grand Floridian Resort. We know that it's a lovely stroll on the walkway from our hotel to the Polynesian Village Resort unfortunately, it will no longer be accessible.

But don't worry, we've got your back! We're adding extra buses to the Transportation and Ticket Center route, so you can still easily get to your destination. And the best part? It's totally free!

This appears to be part of a project which was revealed back October 2021. The project would see roadways between Magic Kingdom parking lot and Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa re-routed and exapanded to 4 lanes. It also includes the addition of three roundabouts.

World Drive Construction

New Walkway Connecting Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Disney's Polynesian Village Now Open

Guests visiting the Walt Disney World Resort should keep in mind that a new walkway connecting Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort has officially opened to Guests.

This new path (located on the east side of Floridian Way) no longer requires Guests and Cast Members to cross Floridian Way while traveling between the resorts, allowing pedestrians to safely travel between the two locations.
Quoting myself to add pictures:

Safer, More Direct Walkway Opens Between Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Grand Floridian During DVC Tower Construction

Now, a more direct (and safer) temporary walkway has opened that removes the need to cross Floridian Way.

IMG_0533.jpeg

*Click link for additional pics

Just back from a 1 week stay @ VGF in a standard view 2BR lock-off. Room #s 3126 & 3128. Closest corner of villas to the monorail and at the same height as the monorail. Never heard it even once with the patio doors closed in case anyone was worried about potential noise.

Just back from a 1 week stay @ VGF in a standard view 2BR lock-off. Room #s 3126 & 3128. Closest corner of villas to the monorail and at the same height as the monorail. Never heard it even once with the patio doors closed in case anyone was worried about potential noise.

What floor were you on?

Update: I figured it out. I looked up the room on Touring Plans. That is really clos tot the monorail.

Last edited:
It's hardly wise to judge the new tower's appearance yet.

Basing your opinion on the photo above is the equivalent of judging a person's looks from only their skeleton, and part of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter