• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The Orlando Halloween Spooktacular - Day 01: Travel Day

soarinfanuk

Earning My Ears
Mike & Lauren's Orlando Halloween Spooktacular!
Day 01 - Travel Day

Wow so this is confusing, so many trip reports to write and such little time! As some of you may or may not know, Sam & I do blogs when we go on Disney related holidays, as well as other bits an pieces. So this will primarily be a route for you to see the vlog as that contains pretty much everything we did each day! I will be doing some commentary though so please watch and read both!

SO - how did this trip come about? And where is Sam?!?

Sam unfortunately couldn't come on this trip due to work commitments, and I had really really wanted to go for a long time because of Halloween, Food & Wine festival etc. And it just so happened that my friend Lauren (who hasn't been for over a decade) wanted to go back as well. So - with express permission from Sam, I was allowed to book!

How long was the trip for and where did we stay?

It was only a small trip (small trip is what I class anything under a fortnight! ) but it was for 11 nights. We stayed at the Maingate Resort & Spa, which is on the US192 just a stones throw away from the junction with World Drive, so excellent easy access for WDW!

What parks did you visit on the trip?

We were only doing Disney and Universal on this trip because of the time that we had. We didn't see the point in spending the extra money on Sea World/Busch Gardens etc when the time would just about cover WDW & Universal itself.

However, with how the dates fell, it turned out it was more beneficial for us to get Universal totally out of the way first at the start of the trip, due to the Halloween Horror Nights ticket which expired on the 4th October (we bought a multi night pass), so it was very Universal heavy at the start, but that meant Disney heavy at the end!

What is in Episode 01?

Episode 01 is our travel day to Orlando. We fly with Delta from Heathrow via Atlanta before finally arriving after an epic day of flying! Thank god for free wifi!

I hope you enjoy Episode 01! Likes, Subscriptions, Comments & Questions I really value and appreciate! There will be more commentary in the actual trip reports rather than just travel day too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter