The "other breakfast"

llggood

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been to the other Princess Breakfast? I tried to get a PS seating for us today and no luck sold out. Got through at 7:00 on the dot, on hold until 7:55 and of course gone! The lady on the phone said they had 500 people on the system right away this morning. I was thinking okay I waited almost an hour? How many people do they have working the phones?? I have two more days to try but just in case I wanted opinions of the other princess breakfast at Norway I believe in Epcot? Thanks!

I hate to say it but keep trying. The "other" breakfast does not compare. Unfortunately it seems like it is nothing more than the setting. It just doesn't work for us. We tried it twice. Both times we were disappointed. If you do have to go, go with an open mind. I might just be way off in my judgement of it. I would sooner do Cindy's dinner at 1900.

Bumping it to see if anyone else weighs in. We may just have to do CP and forget the princess if we can't get in. 5 years ago we got it but wanted to take my 3 new kids this time!

Personally we prefer PSB to Cindy's :earseek: and have booked it by choice for DD's 4th birthday in December
Better food, better service, more space and less hassle getting a PS ;)

LOL.. sorry, your title made me giggle! I agree with the poster who said to keep trying! I called this morning for CRT without any luck, but called back this afternoon to check on any cancellations, and was lucky to grab a PS for Princess Storybook Breakfast at 8:30 am on 12/7!

A lot of people do reserve the PSB as a backup to CRT and then end up cancelling. I would have to highly recommend Crystal Palace's Pooh breakfast in MK, especially if you go before opening on a non-EE day. Dinner at the castle is also nice, though no princesses.

We hated the other breakfast! The foodwas terrible, the room cramped and the character attention scarce. If I couldn't get CRT I wouldn't bother with this one.

I LOVED the PSB, our whole family did. Its relaxing, beautiful restaurant, good food, we had a great waiter, and the Princesses took their time and were very friendly.

We got some great pics =)

When you pay for a character meal you're paying for the exp of the characters. That's what we paid for, and we got it. And we did end up enjoying the food anyways!

We also loved PSB.....we did both Princess breakfasts our last trip. Although we loved eating in the castle, I think it is more atmosphere. After waiting about 30 minutes for our table at CRT, we were in and out in 40 minutes! It may have just been our experience, but we saw all of the princesses before our meal was served...they came one after the other...I felt really rushed and was only able to take a couple of pictures of DDs with each princess. Mary Poppins spent the most time with the girls, the other ones were gone in a minute or two. Our server brought our check as soon as the last princess left our table just as our meals were brought out. She did not even ask if we wanted anything else. This was our first character meal experience. I tried to cancel the PSB because I thought it was not worth the price for a minute with the princesses. However, we were not within the 48 hour window, so we couldn't. I am so glad we went to PSB!! It is so much more relaxed. The princesses seem to rotate through the tables so you always have a princess throughout the meal. They let you take as many pictures as you want and fuss over the children for what seemed like quite a while, but was probably only a three or four minutes! The servers from Norway are great and always offered to refill empty glasses and plates.

That being said, we were planning on doing both again this trip. But only because we have nieces and nephews who've never been and I thought they'd enjoy the castle. I couldn't get the day we wanted. I did manage to get another day at a later than we wanted time and was going to change our plans to be in MK that day. But, after thinking about it decided it wasn't worth it to change everything around just for CRT.

Just my 2 cents, everyone here has different opinions on the two breakfasts!:)

We had a thoroughly enjoyable breakfast at the "other" princess breakfast in November. They even seated us early! It was very well organized and the restaurant is beautiful. The food was very good, the princesses were GREAT! Another poster says it does not compare to the real McCoy... I haven't been to the CRT so I can't really compare. Unless your heart is set on Cinderella, the other breakfast would be satisfatory I think. I guess I'm glad I was able to do this one first, in case I ever get a crack at the CRT. I think Cinderella can also be found at the Grand Floridian, for a dinner.

Originally posted by HollyJoy
Anyone have any photos of PSB they can share?

eba00389829f00000011.jpg
eba00389829f00000053.jpg

:teeth:

Originally posted by Aimeedyan
I LOVED the PSB, our whole family did. Its relaxing, beautiful restaurant, good food, we had a great waiter, and the Princesses took their time and were very friendly.

We got some great pics =)

When you pay for a character meal you're paying for the exp of the characters. That's what we paid for, and we got it. And we did end up enjoying the food anyways!

Yes you do pay for the characters. That is one of the reasons we will never do it again. The characters were rushed and scarce. I would pay to see the characters without food included as long as the characters show up.

It's amazing the different experiences people have at the same events!

Unfortunately, our PSB experience was not as good as some of the other posters here. :(

We had one of the last seatings of the morning, and even though we arrived on time for our PS, we had to wait outside for quite a while after the actual time. In addition, they had a lot of people standing around the entrance waiting to see if someone wouldn't show up and they could get in, and the restaurant staff was trying to cram as many of them in as possible. It made for a very chaotic situation.

Once inside, the princesses were apparently ready for a break, because they rushed through our table so quickly that they did not even wait until my DD had taken her coat off (let alone let us actually sit down) to try and get through our table and finish the few remaining tables that were seated about the same time as us. My DD was 3 at the time, and a little shy, and was very confused at first about why they were rushing up to our table, grabbing her and smiling (I was frantically trying to get the camera and autograph books out), but they didn't give her any time to get used to the situation before they came rushing by. I have photos of her with her coat on and most of them are in shadows because they were not very happy about taking the time to step away from the window we were seated near.

My DD really enjoyed the breakfast and that made it all worth it, but if we ever did this again I would definitely try to get an earlier time.

We were fortunate enough to get CRT for our upcoming trip, and after everything we've read about that we're really excited to eat with Cinderella!

Aloha!

MsSpinShady princess: :daisy:

Ya know, my girls really want to eat at the castle, but I'm leaning towards just keeping our PS for the PSB since they are at 8:30. Maybe the characters will be fresh and spend a good amount of time with the girls instead of rushing!

We have done both breakfasts and while we thoroughly enjoyed both, I have to give a little bit of an edge to the PSB. :p

Yes, the atmosphere at CRT is better, but we ended up seeing more Princesses at the PSB and spent more time with them. I guess that is why it was better for us. The food seemed the same quality at both though.

Keep trying and enjoy your trip!

:sunny:

We were there in May 2004 and loved it!! We had the last seating and waited a little while but no longer than we waited for any PS. The food was very good and we were offered seconds several times. We were seated by the door where the characters came out and all the ones we heard would be there were there. We saw Belle, Jasmine, Mulan, Aurora and Sleeping Beauty and they all took plenty of time at our table.

We chose this breakfast on purpose so as not to have the reservation hassle. My granddaughter really wanted to see Cinderella so we had dinner at the castle. Cindy was in the lobby of the castle and posed for pictures, and also passed out Pixie Dust in little velvet bags. Dinner was just okay and the service was only fair; but one of the highlights at dinner was watching Captain Hook chase Peter Pan around the turret outside. We ate at the castle on our last night in WDW, stayed for the parade and fireworks and then went to the princess breakfast after we checked out of our hotel. These two things special events together really left us with great memories of the park.

princess: princess: princess: princess: princess:

Hi, new here! I have a PS for the PSB also. I'm nervous about it from the mixed reviews. I think my daughters will love it though. I have to say though it was very ahrd to get. I finally got it for the second to last day of my stay @ the last seating time. I would try for CRT, but keep what you have.

Tracey

Originally posted by Tinkerbellmom33
Hi, new here! I have a PS for the PSB also. I'm nervous about it from the mixed reviews. I think my daughters will love it though. I have to say though it was very ahrd to get. I finally got it for the second to last day of my stay @ the last seating time. I would try for CRT, but keep what you have.

Tracey

Ya know, I'm not even concerned about how the food is! LOL I might be in the minority, but for this particular event, I'm really doing it for my girls to have the experience of seeing all the Princesses, ya know? I may be silly, but that's my opinion!! :) Our PS's are so early, I may not be awake enough to notice whether the food is good or not! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter