The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually, I just looked at the 2023 charts and I think Poly weekly rates are routinely a tiny bit higher than the Grand. I will admit that I didn’t know what I was talking about and was wrong.

The Grand is the flagship resort - or it is supposed to be. As such, it should reflect that by having the highest point chart. In fact, that is part of the reason the Riviera has such high points cost, they wanted it to be the Grand Floridian of the EPCOT area. So, if the Poly matches GF it would be exorbitant.
So assuming they do a reasonable job and Poly2 is a nice resort, what would you consider a fair point chart? I'm not trying to argue I'm seriously asking. You realize Poly already matches VGF's chart for studios right? In fact it exceeds it for parts of the year. Do people consider it exorbitant? I honestly don't know, but I haven't heard many complaints about it.

Actually, I just looked at the 2023 charts and I think Poly weekly rates are routinely a tiny bit higher than the Grand. I will admit that I didn’t know what I was talking about and was wrong.
Ha I didn't see this before I replied, so ignore my other reply 🤣

Yeah it's safe to assume the chart will be at VGF level (at least). I wish it weren't because I really want to buy into Poly2, as long as it turns out as nice as we hope it does. But that kind of point chart is a bit scary

Ha I didn't see this before I replied, so ignore my other reply 🤣

Yeah it's safe to assume the chart will be at VGF level (at least). I wish it weren't because I really want to buy into Poly2, as long as it turns out as nice as we hope it does. But that kind of point chart is a bit scary
No worries, I was the dork that didn’t know what I was talking about. I will admit that I am a bit surprised that Poly is routinely higher than GF. Yes, I think most people do think the Poly chart is fairly high (I obviously am fine with it since I own there 🙂). I can’t believe that the Disney flagship resort doesn’t have the highest point chart. I am not a big fan of the GF ( I can stay at my own grandma’s house) so I truly don’t know - doesn’t it usually have the highest cash rate?

I would guess the point chart should be similar to Riviera. Kind of depends on how much they sell it for and whether or not it is a separate association. I still think it will be separate, but if it is the same, I would think the point chart will be higher than Riviera and if separate, it will be similar to Riviera with a slightly higher buy in.

"Monorail resort" in the sense that if you walk past the other longhouses in the rain to the GCH you can grab the monorail. At least VGF is a covered walkway. I think it will end up having pods for fewer points than PVB studios and really expensive 1/2/3 BR -that are total point hogs costing more than 2 joining PVB studios.

"Monorail resort" in the sense that if you walk past the other longhouses in the rain to the GCH you can grab the monorail. At least VGF is a covered walkway. I think it will end up having pods for fewer points than PVB studios and really expensive 1/2/3 BR -that are total point hogs costing more than 2 joining PVB studios.
I thought about this too, getting to the monorail looks like a hike... and it isn't getting it's own bus stop either? (at least I thought that was mentioned). That's an even bigger hike to the buses...

Even if it's sep. I think they'll match studios in terms of points, unless they come up with a "theme park view" category. Anyone know why the current poly didn't have "theme park view"? The second and third floor of moorea facing the lake have great views of the castle. The sky is the limit for the 1 and 2 bedrooms though. It will be interesting if they continue the pod/tower studio concept. We just started taking adult trips so the rooms for 2 have an appeal now that I didn't recognize before.

Yes, IF it’s the same association, I agree this would be the strategy.

I thought about this too, getting to the monorail looks like a hike... and it isn't getting it's own bus stop either? (at least I thought that was mentioned). That's an even bigger hike to the buses...

Even if it's sep. I think they'll match studios in terms of points, unless they come up with a "theme park view" category. Anyone know why the current poly didn't have "theme park view"? The second and third floor of moorea facing the lake have great views of the castle. The sky is the limit for the 1 and 2 bedrooms though. It will be interesting if they continue the pod/tower studio concept. We just started taking adult trips so the rooms for 2 have an appeal now that I didn't recognize before.

I have not read anything yet about a bus stop.

Maybe it was just discussion in a thread then… I would hope it has it’s own stop.
The site plan on DVC news and other sites doesn’t show a bus stop at all. In fact, it doesn’t look like there is even room for one. In fact, if you look at a map of the resort the new building looks to be roughly the same distance from the GCH as the Moorea building. I think there probably will not be a new bus stop. Now, the placement of the current bus stop area would mean that it is twice as close to the original DVC buildings- so it will be a walk to get there from 2.
Do you think it is possible that they have a new bus stop between Poly 2 and the GF? That might be a solution.

Last edited:
The more I think about it the more sense I think that makes. Have a stop between the new Poly tower and the Grand’s original DVC building. That alleviates crowding on buses at 2 resorts.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

In the spirit of New Year's predictions, here are mine for Poly2...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Four 3BR Grand Villas and dedicated 2BRs on the top two floors. The rest will be 2BR lock-offs, and maybe (hopefully) a handful of value studios similar to AKV's value studios or Riviera's tower studios.

2. It will be a separate association with restrictions.

3. The points chart will be high... very high. A deluxe studio may start near 200 points per week and go to over 300. That's why I think they will need some sort of value studios.

4. Dining options will offer a lounge with an inside section and an outside/pool area section, a quick service restaurant, and a Dole Whip stand like the Pineapple Lanai. I do not see them doing a table service restaurant due to the limited space.

5. Minimum add-on contract size of 50 points, maybe even 75 points, because a 2-night weekend stay at a deluxe studio may require 70+ points.

6. Direct Pricing will be high, with limited discounts below 300 points. Since direct pricing will most likely go up again twice before Poly2 goes on sale, look for a $240-250 per point starting price.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope I am wrong on some of these, but only time will tell... lol

Given the current state of things, if they do this, they are going to have a tough time selling it out anytime soon. There’s a reason the resale market is crashing right now.

My thought are the points for a studio in Poly 2 will be the same as Poly 1 but not as big or have a split bathroom like Poly 1. They can do whatever they want with the 1BR, 2BR , and 3BR since Ploy 1 doesn't have them.

My thought are the points for a studio in Poly 2 will be the same as Poly 1 but not as big or have a split bathroom like Poly 1. They can do whatever they want with the 1BR, 2BR , and 3BR since Ploy 1 doesn't have them.

I expect to see an efficiency room, like the RIV tower studio. DL tower has them also. This is the room used for the advertising and the math. You know, 40% SAVINGS, that kind of thing. There don't have to be a lot of them, and their points can change over time.

The site plan on DVC news and other sites doesn’t show a bus stop at all. In fact, it doesn’t look like there is even room for one. In fact, if you look at a map of the resort the new building looks to be roughly the same distance from the GCH as the Moorea building. I think there probably will not be a new bus stop. Now, the placement of the current bus stop area would mean that it is twice as close to the original DVC buildings- so it will be a walk to get there from 2.
Do you think it is possible that they have a new bus stop between Poly 2 and the GF? That might be a solution.
You forgot the possibility that the move the bus stop from near PVB 1 and relocating it to near PVB2 if it is a separate organization. They have PVB1 sold so " they have our money"

To be honest the bus for VGF is just as far but it is covered.

I expect to see an efficiency room, like the RIV tower studio. DL tower has them also. This is the room used for the advertising and the math. You know, 40% SAVINGS, that kind of thing. There don't have to be a lot of them, and their points can change over time.
They could put 8 value rooms - that ruse helped sell AKL

You forgot the possibility that the move the bus stop from near PVB 1 and relocating it to near PVB2 if it is a separate organization. They have PVB1 sold so " they have our money"

I hadn't considered this, but it makes sense, since they are ripping up the parking lots anyway. This would be closer to cash guests, who are the real concern. The current bus stop is pretty far from the cash guests.

Interesting… I didn’t know they were redoing the orig. poly parking lot in all of this? Doesn’t the new tower have it’s own entrance/exit and parking?

To be honest the bus for VGF is just as far but it is covered.

The bus stop at Poly was located there before DVC even existed so whether is the same or different association would have no bearing on that decision.

But, it could make sense to have it moved so the entire location has a more centralized bus stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter