The Possibility of Being Picked........

Barb

A DIS Original!
if you're 5 adults walking around the parks?? It seems like they really focus on families and couples. Do we stand a chance?

anyone stands a chance. it's all 110% random. 3rd person to sit on the far left spot in the back row on dinosaur in AK between 2:15 and 2:20pm wins "X"....

or... in my case: Everyone exiting train # ___ on big thunder mountain railroad at _____ time wins dream mickey ears:)

you really just have to be at the right place at the right time. My friend and I both won mickey ears on big thunder mountain railroad and we were both 20 years old at the time w/ no kids with us.

our last family trip down there, my mom and I saw an older couple (in their mid-late sixties, probably...) win a night in the castle... no kids, just them.

anyone can win.

It is all random, HOWEVER, I cant recall how many countless times I have read it here on the boards that if you look like your having a blast, you just might get a magical moment. I remember last time DH and I went down, and since it was his 1st time and he's from TN. well he bascially talked to EVERYONE. Guests and CM. He's a big talker. Once he starts, its hard to get him to stop, so hopefully he will continue to do so, and me I will look like Im walking on :cloud9: the whole time, so we might have a good chance on getting at least a magical moment. Just relax and have a good time. Even if you dont win anything, like I said you might get a magical moment. Even if you get nothing, at least you get to say you went to WDW.

^^^I agree. I was with a big group...like 10 of us, and we actually got into a conversation with two Dream Squad members in front of TOT about how they select people. They found out we were cp's and were asking us about our roles and locations...in the end they ended up giving all of us backstage entrance to TGMR. I thought that was so nice, especially with us being in such a large group.

As for chances of being picked....I had two friends (both college aged guys) who were walking around DAK one morning and were picked by the Dream Squad three separate times in 2-3 hours. Of course they had to refuse every time cause they were cm's, but I still thought it was pretty amazing. Granted the park was not extremely busy that day....but what are the odds you're in the right place at the right time THREE times?

Do they call you and tell you you're a winner? Do they read your mind and know that you have signed up? I have heard that they choose a specific ride and place in line. Is that true? :confused3 I am going to All 4 parks for spring break ( 4/2/078 - 4/5/08 ) and am bringing to friends. I would like to know how to win bc I signed up. I WANT DREAM FASTPASSES! And so do my friends. Thx for any info.

Disneylvr11

What did you sign up to? Theres nothing to sign up to, to win at the parks.

Do they call you and tell you you're a winner? Do they read your mind and know that you have signed up? I have heard that they choose a specific ride and place in line. Is that true? :confused3 I am going to All 4 parks for spring break ( 4/2/078 - 4/5/08 ) and am bringing to friends. I would like to know how to win bc I signed up. I WANT DREAM FASTPASSES! And so do my friends. Thx for any info.

Disneylvr11

I would like to believe that we all have a chance, but I think just to help the mojo I might make an effort to smile a bit more for the squad. ;) It can't hurt. :)

Disneylvr11

I was a Buzz Lightyear in MK on 3/24 & 3/26 at @ 10am and they were there both times with magic fastpasses which I of course missed both times. It is dark in there so they can hand them out kind of on the downlow. My husband did not even notice that the people in front of us got them and we didn't.

Everyone is randomly picked and everyone has a equal chance of being picked you just have to be in the right place at the right time

that may be so, but just my luck, DH will be in the men's room and we'll miss our "magical moment" somehow.... :rotfl:

I too thought winning depended on age, size of group, etc.
So I made my fiance were special wedding shirts into the parks, along w/ears & buttons & the works, thinking we'd win something because of all of it.

I just recently told him it was all random if you get picked, haha :rotfl:
We'll see if I can get him to ever do that stuff again!

P.S We did get a really nice free congrats cake at Garden Grille! That was really magical for us!

I went to EPCOT for a henna tatoo- went too early and sat until she opened at 1pm. It was March 8th-a Saturday.

I was rushing back to OKW because I had a call from my husband that "MM has delivered baloons, he came looking for you and was upset he missed you!"

WOW-I was bummed. I had missed the mouse himself! :headache:

I saw people in white outfits gathering people to the Friendship dock for a "boat ride".

I decided it would let me dry my tatoo without knocking the henna off my ankle.

They saw my Birthday button and asked how my birthday was doing-DRAMA kicked in and I recounted missing the Big Mouse himself. All 3 looked amazed....I shook my head saying "I really messed up when I missed Mickey!".

The CM said "I think things will get better today for you! How many people are here to celebrate your Birthday?"

I told her 4 and walked to the gate of the dock. :confused3

The three took their place at the front of the line and before the Friendship docked they announced EVERYONE on the boat would receive a special pass for a Party at EPCOT for an extra 90 minutes after the fireworks-not the World Showcase, but the Future World! :woohoo:

I never win anything. I can't say that anymore!

After 9 that night we returned to an area near Fast Track and found a DJ and official hosts. While the park emptied we had visits from M & M, Goofy, etc. all in their fancy blue party gear-

It was my dream to see the Living Seas in the dark- and we ran to see it. The fish were moving so quickly - the porpoise were very active! So much more movement than in the day - As if they knew they were "alone".

We road Soarin, Fast Track (twice!) and generally ran right into everything. It was stinking cold for a Florida night and their were not too many Photopass cameras around- wish there were to record the great moments we had!

When we left there was a double decker bus at the main exit sending us out the gate with warm wishes from the entire gang!

Wish we could have bought special photos or something-At least I have our tags and buttons!

Then on the bus ride home my hubby said "I fooled you- it was just a CM that dropped off your photo and baloons- NOT MICKEY!!!!!"

He is not one to joke or play tricks so I figured he really got me! :lmao:

So, no wonder the Dream Team must have thought I was really someone to get a visit from the Mouse himself! :cutie:

I too thought winning depended on age, size of group, etc.
Not at ALL. The Year of A Million Dreams Sweepstakes is run/managed by an entirely independent company, in accordance with all applicable laws. Random is random. Period. Including (sorry, OKW Mom) all the Friendship Boat passengers being granted the special Epcot passes - they/you would all have gotten them anyway, the difference being you probably wouldn't have gotten the other three you needed.

Its very hard to look for them because they come and go like that "poof" But we manage to find one after an hour of running around. lol Got our wish granted and it was the best time I ever had! Blue button down shirts and a messenger bag was what we were looking for and we found him! heh..

We were entering Space Mountain one morning right after the park had opened and were approached by A Dream Team Member. (at the time we had no clue who he was) He asked my friend, (who, at the time, was wearing a Pin Sash around her neck) if she wanted to trade pins. Ofcourse my friend had to ignore him and pull me into the line. I then realized I had lost my phone. I turned around and saw it. Ya know what else I saw? THE SAME DREAM TEAM MEMBER GIVING DREAM FASTPASSES TO SOMEONE ELSE! I was so angry at my friend and so was she. We had just missed our chance for REALLY SHORT LINES!

But, when we were just getting on Splash Mountain, we were approached a second time and given fastpasses.

The reason I was so bummed... WE HAD JUST WAITED TWO HOURS FOR SPLAH MOUNTAIN. And we only had two rides left. But just so we could use the fastpasses we rode all the rides with fastpass lines AGAIN!

By the time we reached the Hotel that night we were already half asleep going up the elevator.

The next morning when we were supposed to go to Epcot we stayed at the pool and went to the park in the evening.

All in all.. I had fun.

I agree with all the other posts, it is absolutely random, except certain magical moments (backstage to a ride, some stickers or small stuff). If any want to see the dream team in action, go to my post where I have a link to a funny video of my family trying to win a dream.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1871338

You can see the dream squad in action.

Not only can adults win, but one adult alone...I went to Epcot for rope drop by myself a couple of weeks ago and won a Dream Fastpass for being in the right place at the right time. With DH, we got a Magical Moment ("dream parking" at AK), which I'm guessing was also given out randomly. We also once received FPs from a CM for a ride where standby was an hour because he liked my hat...again, it was just us adults. For some of the magical moments they might tend to pick kids, but that doesn't mean the "big kids" are entirely ruled out.

if you're 5 adults walking around the parks?? It seems like they really focus on families and couples. Do we stand a chance?

to give you and idea of how random it truely is...let's show it in some simple math. there are 500,000 dream fastpasses. divide that by 366 days in 2008 which makes it 1366. ok thats 1366 fastpasses for 4 theme parks...that makes for 341 per park per day if disney does it that way. if there are 18,000 people there well odds are against you but think of it this way....your at WDW so it's already magical. if a dream team member walks up to you then its a bonus. if not then oh well your still at WDW having a great time. im not trying to anger anyone but thats the odds of winning. i always think im here so i will have fun.

We won a couple of things in 2007. My dh & dd were both given Dream Fast Passes in MGM (they only used them once or twice & gave them to someone else), and then my ds & dd got to go on stage at the Indiana Jones stunt show and say, "Lights, Camera, Action" to start the show. That was cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter