The Prize for the most Indecisive Traveller

I rang Disney today and splashed out a bit more than I originally intended to.

As I had always intended, I booked my family on the Discover the Magic Tour. I know my son will love it, and, being a very busy day (predicted crowd levels of 7) it will be great to get front of line priority for Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Buzz, a Meet and Greet with Mickey, and a few lesser attractions like Tom Sawyer Island.

But as those who have been following this PTR would be aware, I was a bit stuck on how to spend the evening. I ummed and ahhed for ages between a WOC dining package and the Fantasmic Dessert Package, before finally deciding not to go to either show and make the most of the slightly lighter line queues instead.
However, I kept going back and looking at the Happiest Haunts tour as I think it looks great. It was the slight concern that it might not be the best use of time for my son and MIL, that kept putting me off. But guess what? I decided to put my interests first for the very first time this trip and I went ahead and booked it! :rotfl: So now we are doing two 2 1/2 hour tours in one day. The Discover the Magic one mid morning, and Happiest Haunts late afternoon. The park is open for 8am to midnight that day, so even with a short Nana nap back at our hotel in the middle of the day, we should have plenty of time to see and do other things.

One of my favourite things about WDW last year was the Halloween Decorations. (Ironically I hate the custom here in NZ, but love it at Disney.) The Disney Blogs Page has just announced that the tour will be a bit different this year. It will stay in DL and participants will hear tales of the history of Halloween. I love that, given that I really know very little about Halloween traditions. Plus, the fact the tour will get us on to Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, a few still to be announced rides (I'm predicting BTMMR will be one of them) without queueing excites me no end. I imagine the standby queues for Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain on this day will be close to an hour and I would much rather be using that queue time to be shown around Disney and to be fed a few special Halloween treats.

I know lot's of people will think I'm crazy to squeeze two tours into a two day visit, but I don't care, because I'm excited. I'm just currently trying to ignore how much money I have just spent. :rotfl:

9 sleep to go!!! Finally we're in single digits.

The excitement is really starting to build in my household. The last month has been crazy busy at work for both DH and I, and I think we're both so excited that we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. :)

4 sleeps to go and feeling quite anxious.

I was doing some gardening yesterday and pierced my index finger with what I thought was a plant (the doctor suspects it was an insect such as a wasp). Anyway, as the day progressed my finger and hand got more and more painful and swollen until I was literally screaming in pain. Ended up in A&E, was given a variety a medications, my arm was put in a sling to elevate my hand, and I was sent home.

While most of the pain has gone, the swelling hasn't and I can barely use that hand. The anti-allergy medication doesn't seem to be helping and I'm staring to get a bit anxious. I'm going back to the doctor first thing tomorrow and am desperately hoping my hand will be fine before we leave. Fingers crossed...

4 sleeps to go and feeling quite anxious.

I was doing some gardening yesterday and pierced my index finger with what I thought was a plant (the doctor suspects it was an insect such as a wasp). Anyway, as the day progressed my finger and hand got more and more painful and swollen until I was literally screaming in pain. Ended up in A&E, was given a variety a medications, my arm was put in a sling to elevate my hand, and I was sent home.

While most of the pain has gone, the swelling hasn't and I can barely use that hand. The anti-allergy medication doesn't seem to be helping and I'm staring to get a bit anxious. I'm going back to the doctor first thing tomorrow and am desperately hoping my hand will be fine before we leave. Fingers crossed...

Oh no!

I hope that the finger is much better tomorrow. (And don't cross your fingers.....rest!!!!)

Oh no! I hope that the finger is much better tomorrow. (And don't cross your fingers.....rest!!!!)

Lol, I realised the irony of 'fingers crossed' as soon as I'd written it.

I'll just have to cross my fingers on my good hand as I'm desperate for it to be better by Thursday. It hasn't improved at all today and is still completely swollen.
It was raining yesterday and DH kept calling for me to come inside. But I decided to be stubborn and push on for another 10 minutes to get the garden a bit tidy before we went away. Lesson learnt - always listen to DH.

Hope the hand is feeling better, Wanderlust.

Thanks PIO. :goodvibes It is a little bit better.

The doctor has said that it will take about a week for the swelling to go completely down, but the good thing is that I am still fine to travel. I have been prescribed some antibiotics to take with me just incase it becomes infected, but hopefully I won't need to take them.

Glad to hear your hand is improving and it sounds like it won't affect your trip at all :thumbsup2

What a thing to happen so late in the piece!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter