The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense with resort bookings still low. They need to entice people to stay on property and ticket discounts are the way to go.
Agreed it makes sense. I personally don't think it will help much. Til Covid becomes a thing of the past not much will help to draw people.

Len Testa from the Unofficial Guide/Touring Plans hinted that the buy 4 day tickets and get 2 days free may be an "introductory offer" and more ticket deals are likely during 2021 with demand being soft thus far on Monday's Disney Dish.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that we will see 4 park magic tickets return.
Wouldn’t be surprised if we see an aggressive room discount that extends into the summer released the first week of January...

Juicy rumors here by Jim Hill:

Highlights:
  • Zootopia at DAK in 2025-2030 was going to be announced at 50th
  • Battuu timeline coming to an end, which will add a bunch of characters (Mando, BY, Ashoka and Boba Fett)
  • MF getting updated in 2024
  • Tron: late Fall 2021
  • GotG: 2022
  • Rat: soft opening January

Only part of those rumors I am excited to (other than opening date of Tron) is the new animation shows in Disney+ are about getting those characters also more in the parks (so Baymax, Tiana, Moana)

Highlights:
  • Battuu timeline coming to an end, which will add a bunch of characters (Mando, BY, Ashoka and Boba Fett)
Sounds like a normal Reddit or Twitter rumor monger, basically what I’d expect from Jim Hill. He‘s already wrong on some of those dates and the Zootopia thing I don’t see being in development yet due to monetary constraints. GE rumors seem more like he’s just saying what certain fans want to hear, I can’t see Disney abandoning the timeline this soon after opening giving how much they spent building that land.

Highlights:

dang. I’m there January 23-30, and having Ratatouille soft open would be cool but all I’ve heard is spring spring spring on that one

Highlights:
I like these rumors therefore they must be true 😂

But in all seriousness Disney needs to abandon their seriousness about timelines and whatever in SWGE. It goes way over most guests heads while seeing Disney+ characters would be something a lot more people “get”. SWGE was made by fanboy Iger, Chapek does not appear to have the emotional entanglements to the franchise Iger does so maybe this could happen? But when? Characters are cheap ads, but DHS doesn’t need more draws right now.

How are those animated shows supposed to launch with attractions, they’re all coming out in 2022/2023. The Moana water attraction would open before the show. But there’s no way they’d be able to complete the other 3 (Princess and the Log, Zootopia Land, and whatever Baymax’s attraction would be) along with the shows.

dang. I’m there January 23-30, and having Ratatouille soft open would be cool but all I’ve heard is spring spring spring on that one
I was intrigued by the timing of the Disney Parks “gift” of seeing it to that uber fan. To tease something as basically done and then to be like “ok, just forget about that for a few months” is a waste of PR.

Highlights:
Disney doesn’t announce things that far out. Love Jim but no.

How are those animated shows supposed to launch with attractions, they’re all coming out in 2022/2023. The Moana water attraction would open before the show. But there’s no way they’d be able to complete the other 3 (Princess and the Log, Zootopia Land, and whatever Baymax’s attraction would be) along with the shows.

They could have Baymax now if they set him up to take your temperature at the tent before hitting the turnstiles.

I really like "Princess and the Log" redo for Splash name.

Also MMRR in DL was announced by Disney as pushed to 2023 so that’s not new.

Snow Whites Enchanted Wish is complete as far as I know so why wouldn’t that open whenever the park does?

Disneyland could open in the Summer and that’s where the Enchanted Wish open “delay” could come into play

On the rumors, I know some of the changes will split the guests. People on this forum seem to be more excited about IP, but some other folks from elsewhere absolutely hate it.

On that and other stuff:
  • Zootopia at AK was always something that was interesting to me, but it does "disturb" what AK is about. But it's really no different than Pandora and that's been a huge success and draw.
  • I'd think the Galaxy's Edge timeline is a cool wrinkle, but I enjoyed ALL the sequels. It's probably only a matter of time, before they kill that though and incorporate more of the current content. Fortunately if you like the timeline part of it, it may hinge on the success of the hotel. They will integrate together.
  • MF getting new content sounds good to me. I think there's more potential in that attraction honestly.
  • Tron getting boarded up doesn't bode well for end of 2021. Hard to buy that one.
  • GoTG - always thought 2022 was the target all along.
  • It sure seems like if February was the launch for Rat, we'd know it by now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter