The Rumored Question

While your points theory will work, I have to warn you about addonitis. The more you go, the more you want to go and the more points you have, the more you'll "need". We've added on a couple of times and have never regretted it. I am anxiously awaiting the announcement for CRV, being able to stroll over to MK in the evening and not have to worry about transportation is very appealing. So be prepared to start thinking of ways to raise extra cash in order to get more points!!

As to location, my husband and I are get up and go people also. BWV is perfect for us. We stay at other locations when we have to but BW is the place we want to be. To be able to stroll around the lake, walk over to the Dolphin for dinner and a game of mini-golf, walk to MGM or Epcot or just sit on the Boardwalk and have a sampler at the brew pub is priceless to us. Many mornings I get up early walk the loop around the lake, over to the Swan and Dolphin and then over to MGM just for the exercise. It is just lovely in the morning. And again, not having to worry about transportation is a big plus. SO, I personally can recommend BW, we just love it.
Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

It'll be interesting.....because to date (that I know of or can remember) they've not done a "premium" price per point for any resort. By that, I mean when the prices go up for a "non sold out" resort, it goes up for all the "non-sold out resorts". The incentives might vary by resort, but the per point price hasn't varied much, if at all.

I sure hope they don't charge a premium for CRV and can't see any reason why they should. CRV will be a premium resort to me but it won't to others. I think they should all have the same price per point, what would warrant an increase? Construction costs maybe?

HE said that when they started selling for AKV they expected to sell 60/40 AKV/SSR and it has been the opposite 40/60 AKV/SSR.

This is actually more interesting to me than the OP! For what it's worth, when my wife and I attended the DVC presentation, they were heavily hyping SSR over AKV due to lower dues and better price incentives (I think the incentive for SSR was $11/pt vs $8 for AKV... something like that; this was late May) and, no doubt, better sales incentives for the guides :D. We went with AKV anyway because we wantd AKV, but this could explain the 60/40 inversion.

I completely agree about the convenience of the BWV. It's in walking distance from two major park and you are surrounded by restaurants. We always seem to go back to the room midday when it get real hot out to workout in the gym then shower and head to Epcot or the Boardwalk for dinner. So the BWV seems like a no brainer to me but my wife absolutely loves the magic Kingdom(as do I, don't get me wrong). We always seem to end our nights at or around the boardwalk. We would absolutely love to stay at the CRV, if they opened, no matter the price. Ok price within reason. I believe as of now we are only going with 150 pts at the BWV. I truly appreciate all your tips/advice and guidance on this ongoing topic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter