The Running Thread -- 2022

Thank you DopeyBadger once again for the amazing spreadsheet!

I'm excited that AK is opening early and I should be able to run Everest this year, if I don't completely forget about it. Also, I'd probably get lost on the way there, so I hope I'm around other people taking a detour to Everest!

Thank you DopeyBadger once again for the amazing spreadsheet!

I'm excited that AK is opening early and I should be able to run Everest this year, if I don't completely forget about it. Also, I'd probably get lost on the way there, so I hope I'm around other people taking a detour to Everest!

It’s the big mountain on your left; you can’t miss it. 😉

Running is wild. You finish a big race and swear up and down you'll never do that again. And the next thing you know, you've signed up for another one!
My first half was difficult and not fun. Almost miserable. I started out too fast and thus had to deal with quad pain for the entire race as a result of my mistake. I only signed up for races 2 and 3 because they were at Disneyland and Disney World so I could get the Coast to Coast medal. I concluded I could suffer through 2 more races and then be done forever with running.

And then I actually had fun during both races. A few years later and against all previous claims about the thing I would never do in running, I found myself in the marathon. Sometimes I still wonder how I reached this point.

In a twisted way, I think the marathon is my favorite distance. Not because of the distance, but because of what it asks of me to finish it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter