The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Help needed with room requests...or am I too late? (probably!) We've never stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Resort and we check in on Sunday, 12/13 in a 2 bedroom unit that sleeps 8 for 6 nights.

There are 4 adults - me, DH, DD20 and DS18. We are owners at WKORV and WMH but have never booked FL until this trip.

Current room request to be close to more amenities.

ABOUT US: We are all active and have no mobility issues. Everyone needs a daily workout - swimming laps, cardio in the gym or walking around the resort. We would love as much space (balcony, room, outside seating areas, etc) as possible as the kids are still in remote class that week. DH is a bit particular and loves more updated rooms.

Do we ask for the Fountains as it is newly renovated and quiet or do I ask for the Southside to be closer to more stuff?

Thanks in advance for humoring my tardiness in planning! :rotfl2:

I would request South Side, I just checked the Sheraton/Marriott status site and nothing appears to be open on the North Side yet, from Gina's pictures the Fountains pool appears to be completely deserted.

Fountains may be in refurbishment, but it really hasn't been that long since the last full refurb, and maintenance has been stepped up a lot since that milestone. There hasn't been a lot of time for any section to get shabby. Some of your placement is dictated by your check-in day. I would avoid Springs for Sunday Check in and buildings 7 and 10 in Cascades. See the map linked in Post #2 here and you will see that they front onto 535 (busy road).

We are here now Cascades building 10. Door faces 535. Parking lot is full but we haven't heard any noise from neighbors or the highway. People probably aren't at the pool in the picture because it's pretty chilly right now. Honestly we haven't ventured out to any of the amenities. I did ask to be placed in the fountains and was told that was reserved for owners. We booked through skyauction. We come to Orlando quite often. This is our 4th time staying here I love the location being close to everything but I prefer Bonnet Creeks layout better.

Both the Fountains pool and Lakes pool are open until 9 pm daily. Fountains has had a staff member there all day assisting any guests who do come to swim (we have seen one family one time.....but there is hardly anyone on this side right now so thats not surprising!).

Thr Fountains Rec Center is still closed to guests.

We just got back from a week's stay (12/4-12/11). First time off property and at the Vistana- overall we really loved it! We were in building 22 villa 528 in what I believe was Cascades. Special thanks to Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina as I emailed Kayla the week before and requested to be close to Marketplace and a pool and it definitely was. The parking lot was full but we did not hear any loud noises at all. The amount of space is amazing with more than enough room for DH and DDs 15 and 22. I live in NY and this trip had been rescheduled so many times we were just happy to be there. Unfortunately, we didn't really get a resort day at the pool-it was pretty chilly last week, but did go to Castaways.

Hello! My apologies if I missed this when scrolling through but is there a timeline given for all of the new renovations?
I got one of those trial offers again, where I get 5 nights/$199 and have a year to travel. I’d like to go when things are much better as far as Corona, but I’d also like to have the best chances of getting a renovated room.

Hello! My apologies if I missed this when scrolling through but is there a timeline given for all of the new renovations?
I got one of those trial offers again, where I get 5 nights/$199 and have a year to travel. I’d like to go when things are much better as far as Corona, but I’d also like to have the best chances of getting a renovated room.

It looked (to us) like there were only renovations going on in certain phases. I'm not sure if there is a resort-wide upgrade planned or just specific sections. The extensive renos going on in Fountains (I don't think I mentioned it before, but even the windows are all new) were definitely not happening in all of the phases when we were there last week. That said, other sections could definitely have had those renos occur earlier in the Covid-19 closure/slowdown. Our Cascades villa in October did not have the same renovations that our Fountains villa did in December. There was definitely some work being carried out on some (not all) of the Lakes buildings, but it appeared to be on the exterior only.

Hi everyone-

We are staying at the Sheraton for the first time next week and I am torn on which villa style to rent. I have been trying to find current pics or videos of the townhouse style villa, but have not been able to have any success. I have a son who is pretty sensitive to dust and we really need a unit that was recently renovated to avoid triggering his allergies. Would we have better luck at requesting a more recently renovated regular 2 bedroom 2 bath or have the townhomes been recently renovated as well? All the info I have found online states the townhomes are the older version of the resort.

Thank you so much for any information you can provide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter