The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Gina can you confirm the email to make sure I am sending it to the right one? My fillow up email was a week ago so I would have expected to hear back from at least one of them by now.
For a skylight, you need to request top floor. As long as you are okay with stairs, any of the sections will be fine. Only Lakes and Cascades have elevators. Spas phase is probably the best location with close access to the Spa Super Pool and the Cascades Pool. Some of the sections have very specific checkin days but since you booked 10 nights, it isn't a weeks based owner reservation. How did you book? Through Marriott.com? Another important factor, are you booked into a two bedroom unit?
The upper Spas villas do not have skylights, unfortunately (we stayed in one on our very first visit to SVR in 2013). While we liked that area,, we found the villa to be very dark in comparison to those with skylights. The top floor Cascades unit that we had this past October had a skylight, though, so if you want to be on the south side, that might be a good option for you.

We will be there at the same time as you. We check in on the 17th of April.
I never received a response back when I emailed for our February stay.
Yes, Kayla messaged me back at the end of last week (about 6 days after we had emailed her with our pre-arrival requests). I am so sorry she hasn't responded to you! In your shoes, I would send a second message as a follow up, gently referencing that you hadn't received a reply so you just wanted to be sure she received your original note.

I am stressing that Vistana has not yet released any weekly rentals for after September. They didn’t have anything after May for the longest time and then they released a huge batch through the end of Sept. we are usually booked by this time of year for a fall trip! I called them but they couldn’t tell me anything. Trying to figure out if we should book elsewhere (November trip), but I’ll kick myself if Vistana releases weekly rentals soon!! Gah!!!

I am stressing that Vistana has not yet released any weekly rentals for after September. They didn’t have anything after May for the longest time and then they released a huge batch through the end of Sept. we are usually booked by this time of year for a fall trip! I called them but they couldn’t tell me anything. Trying to figure out if we should book elsewhere (November trip), but I’ll kick myself if Vistana releases weekly rentals soon!! Gah!!!

We are here now and are shocked at how full the resort is! After the last 2 trips where it was so empty (October and December 2020) I can tell you that they have definitely rebounded. I suspect they are trying to determine what their fall occupancy levels might look like.....and if the spring is any indication, I'd say they might be very busy!

We are here now and are shocked at how full the resort is! After the last 2 trips where it was so empty (October and December 2020) I can tell you that they have definitely rebounded. I suspect they are trying to determine what their fall occupancy levels might look like.....and if the spring is any indication, I'd say they might be very busy!
Thanks for the note- think I’ll hold out a few more weeks and then go somewhere else if needed. Anxiety!!

I will add, it looks like there is a lot of getaway availability in Interval International at Vistana Resort. Prices look to be $500 for a 2BR with certain holiday weeks being more. Thanksgiving is almost $1000.

Last edited:
Not sure if I missed, do you know which sections have been renovated or updated? Heading there for my first time and I was lucky enough to read an exchange from you and someone else on here way back from 2015! The poster was looking for recommendations for some of the things I’m looking for! Wondering if any of the fountains units have been updated

Many of the Fountains buildings have been refreshed and upgraded during the last year. I posted some pics after our December 2020 stay here on this thread, but if you can't find them by scrolling back a few pages, I can post more as we are here now in a renovated Fountains building.

Many of the Fountains buildings have been refreshed and upgraded during the last year. I posted some pics after our December 2020 stay here on this thread, but if you can't find them by scrolling back a few pages, I can post more as we are here now in a renovated Fountains building.
Awesome! I’ll scroll back. I def want a sky light room with a quiet area overlooking a nice fountain in a lake. I saw on the map that buildings 3,4,9 may be good water views that may be quiet?

Not sure if I missed, do you know which sections have been renovated or updated? Heading there for my first time and I was lucky enough to read an exchange from you and someone else on here way back from 2015! The poster was looking for recommendations for some of the things I’m looking for! Wondering if any of the fountains units have been updated
I am pretty sure all of Fountains and Lakes units are renovated. I made a video of a renovated Fountains villa on my YouTube channel.

We checked in on Sunday, here is an update on the resort status.

• Cascades pool is closed for resurfacing.
  • Springs pool is now open (this may have previously been reported)
  • All spas at the resort are STILL closed, except the large one at the Spas super pool. I have no idea why they are still closed. Every other resort we have been to in Orlando now has their spas open (Wyndham Bonnet Creek opened theirs on April 24th)
  • We were, unknowingly, booked into a max occupancy of six villa. This meant we could only be in Courts or Falls. We opted for first floor Falls. We really like the layout even though the villas are not recently refurbished.
  • The water in all the lakes seem to be low. I don't know if it is because of lack of rain or something else. The waterfall at Falls is still not working. It wasn't working last summer when we were here.
  • The waterfall over in Springs isn't working. It wasn't working our last time here, but the first time we came last summer it was.
  • A fountain in Palms doesn't seem to be working right. Spurts more like a geyser than a fountain.
  • Occupancy seems to still be pretty low. Not a lot of cars around many of the buildings over in Falls, Courts, Spas and even some of the Cascades buildings. It seems like the north side may be busier with many people requesting renovated units.

They seem to have some serious maintenance issues when it comes to the fountains and water features around the resort. I don't understand why they don't simply fix them. They are what make the resort so tranquil.

We checked in on Sunday, here is an update on the resort status.

• Cascades pool is closed for resurfacing.
  • Springs pool is now open (this may have previously been reported)
  • All spas at the resort are STILL closed, except the large one at the Spas super pool. I have no idea why they are still closed. Every other resort we have been to in Orlando now has their spas open (Wyndham Bonnet Creek opened theirs on April 24th)
  • We were, unknowingly, booked into a max occupancy of six villa. This meant we could only be in Courts or Falls. We opted for first floor Falls. We really like the layout even though the villas are not recently refurbished.
  • The water in all the lakes seem to be low. I don't know if it is because of lack of rain or something else. The waterfall at Falls is still not working. It wasn't working last summer when we were here.
  • The waterfall over in Springs isn't working. It wasn't working our last time here, but the first time we came last summer it was.
  • A fountain in Palms doesn't seem to be working right. Spurts more like a geyser than a fountain.
  • Occupancy seems to still be pretty low. Not a lot of cars around many of the buildings over in Falls, Courts, Spas and even some of the Cascades buildings. It seems like the north side may be busier with many people requesting renovated units.

They seem to have some serious maintenance issues when it comes to the fountains and water features around the resort. I don't understand why they don't simply fix them. They are what make the resort so tranquil.
Thank you for your report :)

Hello! We stayed in the Fountains 2 section about 5 yrs ago. Returning back this summer. We had a top floor with vaulted ceilings. Loved it! The kids are now 14&15 and we’re looking for 2 beds in the guest room and to be near a big pool. The deeper the better! Is Fountains the best place to be for all that? We’d like to have a pool with snacks/drinks at a snack bar too! What’s the best location? Thx!

Hello! We stayed in the Fountains 2 section about 5 yrs ago. Returning back this summer. We had a top floor with vaulted ceilings. Loved it! The kids are now 14&15 and we’re looking for 2 beds in the guest room and to be near a big pool. The deeper the better! Is Fountains the best place to be for all that? We’d like to have a pool with snacks/drinks at a snack bar too! What’s the best location? Thx!

Pretty sure Fountains pool is the deepest one on property, at a full 6' in the middle.

We just got back on April 24th, and as of then the Tiki Bar was open but with limited hours (noon to 6).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter