The spa at Saratoga...? some questions...

Esmerelda

DVC'r 10/04/Dis Veteran
First off, as a DVC member, do we get a discount on all of their treatments? or is it just the few I saw listed on the DVC site? I was hoping if was for all of the treatments as my wonderful hubby is a reflexology nut! lol...

Also, I would love for my boys to get a back massage! They are 10 and 14 so obviously I would be with them in the treatment room. I have given them back rubs at bedtime since they came out of the womb and I know they would truly enjoy a massage as much as hubby and I do! Has anyone else ever taken their child for any treatments? If so, did they enjoy themselves?

thanks all,
good day..
Esmerelda :)

The discounts for DVC members are just the ones listed on the DVC member web site. But..they will ask you if you want to upgrade for $15 more. An example: DH and I booked Aromatherapy massages ($125/each), but they weren't discounted. The swedish massages ($88/each...same thing, but without the nice smelling aromatherapy oils) are discounted. I called and said I wanted to switch to the swedish massages (because of the discount) and she told me that the massuse (sp?) should ask us if we want to upgrade the massage to an aromatherapy massage for $15. So that's what we are doing. So we are still getting the aromatherapy massage, but for massage that we wanted, but for $103 instead of the original $125.

It would be neat for your boys to get a massage, but I am sure a parent will be required to be in the room. That's IF they will do it at that age. BTW, when I'd get a pedicure the girl would give me a mini reflexology massage on my feet and boy! it was like I had a whole body massage..it was really relaxing!

On our visit in May, DH had a couple of massages. He really enjoyed them. Don't remember which ones, or how much or if there was a discount. He did book them after we arrived and looked over the choices on the information found in the room.

Esmerelda said:
Also, I would love for my boys to get a back massage! They are 10 and 14 so obviously I would be with them in the treatment room. I have given them back rubs at bedtime since they came out of the womb and I know they would truly enjoy a massage as much as hubby and I do! Has anyone else ever taken their child for any treatments? If so, did they enjoy themselves?

thanks all,
good day..
Esmerelda :)

Esmerelda,
I'm a massage therapist at SSR, and we definately will give massage to your children. You are correct in that a parent or guardian must sit in on the massage. I can't speak for the guests, although they do seem to enjoy it. My daughters LOVE massages though. You are fantastic for wanting your boys to experience massage.

One of the DVC discounted services is the Mystical Forest Therapies. It is half Swedish Massage and half reflexology. Your DH might like that! Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you!

wow gang...thanks for all the great responses! I definitely will set something up before we go. I think my boys would love a back massage...as I stated, I've been back rubbing for the last 10 and 14 years at bedtime. I usually put them to sleep...bless their little hearts..:)

I will call when its closer to our trip in late October and set it up.

Question for Aimee....my hubby and I had massages last fall at the AKL spa. I was not impressed...I don't think my therapist was firm enough or something....I just didn't feel very relaxed like I do after most massages. Should I have told her to be more firm...? I was sort of lost on the whole thing...oddly enough..my husband said the same about his. We just got back from our honeymoon and went to a wonderful spa on the island of Roatan and I absolutely without a doubt had the BEST massage of my entire lilfe and he said the same. These girls put some muscle into it...like using their elbows on my upper back...it was heaven! Should I express this before my massage this round Aimee....? thanks!!

good day,
Esmerelda

Esmerelda said:
Question for Aimee....my hubby and I had massages last fall at the AKL spa. I was not impressed...I don't think my therapist was firm enough or something....I just didn't feel very relaxed like I do after most massages. Should I have told her to be more firm...? I was sort of lost on the whole thing...oddly enough..my husband said the same about his. We just got back from our honeymoon and went to a wonderful spa on the island of Roatan and I absolutely without a doubt had the BEST massage of my entire lilfe and he said the same. These girls put some muscle into it...like using their elbows on my upper back...it was heaven! Should I express this before my massage this round Aimee....? thanks!!

good day,
Esmerelda

Yes, definately let your therapist know. We usually do a little intake before we start to find out your goals for the massage and if you have any allergies or health conditions that may be worsened by the massage. You can let your therapist know at that time that you like firm pressure in your massage.

I know I usually ask once or twice during the massage how the pressure is for my guest, and invite them to let me know at any time if they need more or less pressure.

Have a great time!

Hi Aimee, can you tell me if Ginny (or Jenny?) is a manicurist at the spa now. She was at the spa when it was DI and was sooooo good. I now use KC anyway who is also great but have wondered about the staff at DI. Also who does the reflexology at SSR now? Thanks.

Excuse me for hijacking your thread, Emeralda. :flower:

goodness gracious no BCV23..the more the merrier I say :)

Thanks Aimee for your help. I will be sure to tell the therapist next time to be more firm on me ole bones.

I'm really looking forward to SSR. I just had some friends return not long ago and they truly loved their stay there!

good day,
Esmerelda

BCV23 said:
Hi Aimee, can you tell me if Ginny (or Jenny?) is a manicurist at the spa now. She was at the spa when it was DI and was sooooo good. I now use KC anyway who is also great but have wondered about the staff at DI. Also who does the reflexology at SSR now? Thanks.

Excuse me for hijacking your thread, Emeralda. :flower:

We don't have a Ginny or Jenny. She may have gone to GF? The reflexology at SSR is done by any of the massage therapists. We are all trained in all of the body therapies. :flower:

Not sure if your boys would be interested in this, but last year for his 11th birthday I treated DS to the My First Facial offered at the Spa at SSR.
He loooooooooved it. He was so relaxed, he almost fell asleep during the facial.
It was a big treat for him and he can't wait to go back. A year later, he still takes good care of his skin using what he learned at the spa. Even uses Jurlique products I bought for him!

I give my kids back massage too. Helps them unwind and destress before bedtime and I think it helps them mentally and spiritually.

OH...this could be the next best thread after the one with all the photos of WDW food!

Esmerelda, thanks for starting it! I have been kicking around the idea of massages for our whole family (DH, DS13, and me) for our Christmas trip...part of their gifts...so it's good to know DS would be able to have a massage. I think he might like it better than the facial.

Aimee, if you could answer, I would be grateful. DH was curious about the difference between the Spa treatments and the ones at the Fitness Center. I haven't a clue so could you shed some light on this for me?

Also, how far out can we book treatments?

Thanks so much!

momsgoofy said:
OH...this could be the next best thread after the one with all the photos of WDW food!

Aimee, if you could answer, I would be grateful. DH was curious about the difference between the Spa treatments and the ones at the Fitness Center. I haven't a clue so could you shed some light on this for me?

Also, how far out can we book treatments?

Thanks so much!

There are Swedish massages at both the spas and fitness centers. The spas have body therapies, hydro (water) therapies, facials, and nails. We also have full locker rooms at the spas, with whirlpool, steam room and dry sauna in each of the men's and women's locker rooms. You won't find that in most of the fitness centers. I think AK has steam rooms in their locker rooms. I'm not sure if any of the others have them. Hope this helps a bit :flower:

Aimee,

I have used both the spas at SSR and the GF and I have enjoyed them both. This year for Christmas, I would like to purchase Gift Certificates for massages for 2 friends who will be running the Disney Marathon in January.

What kind of massage to you recommend for them? Last year I think they ended up with "healing hands" massages in the late afternoon. How soon can I book this for them?

Thanks!

pinnie

Pinnie said:
Aimee,

I have used both the spas at SSR and the GF and I have enjoyed them both. This year for Christmas, I would like to purchase Gift Certificates for massages for 2 friends who will be running the Disney Marathon in January.

What kind of massage to you recommend for them? Last year I think they ended up with "healing hands" massages in the late afternoon. How soon can I book this for them?

Thanks!

pinnie

Healing Hands is a perfect choice! Different bodies react to the stresses of marathon running in different ways. Healing Hands is a customized massage that will fit whatever their needs are at the time. I wouldn't reccommend any heat treatments on marathon day (Hydrotherapies, Parrafin Wraps, Stone Therpies).

I Think you can book them any time. I know we have some on the books as far ahead as December. I would reccommend booking early for Marathon Day. We were booked solid a month or two before the big day last year!

What a nice gift!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter