The Sweet Meet - Dis'ers do Hershey

I've gotten a few responses from hotels regarding group discounts. I've gotten some offers for lower-end prices for some hotels that that I don't think any of us would really want to stay at. I've also gotten some higher-end prices for hotels that don't really fit our group needs.

There are a few groups rates that are of interest in addition to the first hotel that I posted about.

I narrowed our choices down to those hotels that gave a broader cancellation/booking window, and no deposit needed. I also included only those with free breakfast and internet.

Comfort Inn at the Park
Hershey, PA
This hotel is probably the closest, but more expensive - $157/night
http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-her...chain=CI&exp=&scity=Hershey&sort=&type=&map=n

Comfort Suites Hershey - $129/night
Hummelstown, PA
This hotel is brand new - looks nice on the website

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-hummelstown-pennsylvania-PA554

Thoughts/preferences?

I'm leaning toward it. =) My BFF lives in Hummelstown and I asked him his views on the hotels.

His preference would be Comfort Suites. About 3 minutes from the park (5 minutes from his house.)

The two most economical choices include breakfast, and are about the same distance (6 miles) from Hershey Park:

Country Inn & Suites @ $109/night
8000 Jonestown Rd
Harrisburg, PA

or

Comfort Suites Hershey @ $129/night
320 Milroy Road
Hummelstown, PA

They are both basically the same distance from Hershey Park. I have read up on both on trip advisor and the only two things that worry me about the first hotel is that people have said that one is in more of a remote location and further away from the main strip of restaurants, and the breakfast area is very small , to the point where they were not able to sit and have breakfast in the morning. The second hotel is also very new so that is a positive.

They both do not need deposits, and reservations can be cancelled by arrival day. Doesn't matter to me which one we go to. I guess it will be put to a good old fashioned vote - unless anyone has a problem with both and don't want to stay at either one.

These both look good too. The Comfort Suites looks like it has a large breakfast area which might be nice and new is always good. I do think the Country Inn and Suites is in a remote area. There are not a lot of services up there by 81, at least the last time I was through there. I do love the drive from 81 into Hershey. Lots of farms.

Thank you so much for all this work Andrea. I keep imagining the warm sun of the summer to make it through the winter.

Great job Andrea and good input from others. I'm down with Comfort Suites! ::yes::

What do we need to ask for to book at the group rate? Marchese Party rate please? ;)

We are going to the Pin Event in Epcot which is 8/27-8/29 so I am not about another trip so close to the Pin Event. But I am putting on my calendar and subscribing, just in case. There are some PA people who live real close to Hershey on the Creative DISign thread. I will post there also. Penny:goodvibes

These both look good too. The Comfort Suites looks like it has a large breakfast area which might be nice and new is always good. I do think the Country Inn and Suites is in a remote area. There are not a lot of services up there by 81, at least the last time I was through there. I do love the drive from 81 into Hershey. Lots of farms.

Thank you so much for all this work Andrea. I keep imagining the warm sun of the summer to make it through the winter.

Thanks for the info Anne - definatley looking forward to the warm weather, especially today!

Great job Andrea and good input from others. I'm down with Comfort Suites! ::yes::

What do we need to ask for to book at the group rate? Marchese Party rate please? ;)

Thanks George, I knew you would go with the flow.... When it's time to call to reserve rooms, I believe the group rate will be under the group of "The Dis"....how original, lol.....

I will let everyone know when you can start reserving rooms.

Thanks for putting this together. I was just starting to get sad because there will no Magic Meets this summer. We are interested in attending.

Just a suggestion..last year Magic Meets did a group to Hershey. We were let into the park early and able to ride Farenheit and the Howler as many times as we wanting in an hour. I don't know if the person who organized the trip had connections, but it could be worth a try to ask.

There is a link on the website to get group planning information. 20 or more would be a group. :scratchin

Looks like they don't give the tickets away. :scared1: Over $50. I do like the preview the night before which would be 7:30 to 11:00pm closing the night before.

I'll also have to check out what the AAA discount would be. Haven't been able to find that yet.

If you need any help in planning or anyother stuff just ask I am retired and only about 45 to hour away. Used to work in management within the hotel world.

Thanks for putting this together. I was just starting to get sad because there will no Magic Meets this summer. We are interested in attending.

Just a suggestion..last year Magic Meets did a group to Hershey. We were let into the park early and able to ride Farenheit and the Howler as many times as we wanting in an hour. I don't know if the person who organized the trip had connections, but it could be worth a try to ask.

Thanks for the info, don't know if I have that much pull though :laughing:

There is a link on the website to get group planning information. 20 or more would be a group. :scratchin

Looks like they don't give the tickets away. :scared1: Over $50. I do like the preview the night before which would be 7:30 to 11:00pm closing the night before.

I'll also have to check out what the AAA discount would be. Haven't been able to find that yet.

I did see the info on the group tickets, I'm thinking when it gets closer and we have a better idea of the number attending, I can contact them and see what kind of discounts they'll offer us. It definatley isn't cheap!

Thanks for all the work you have done Andrea. The Comfort Suites sounds great.

No problem Kim - just want to have a great weekend with great people!

If you need any help in planning or anyother stuff just ask I am retired and only about 45 to hour away. Used to work in management within the hotel world.

Thank you for the offer, I'll keep that in mind!

Thanks for the info, don't know if I have that much pull though :laughing:

I did see the info on the group tickets, I'm thinking when it gets closer and we have a better idea of the number attending, I can contact them and see what kind of discounts they'll offer us. It definatley isn't cheap!

No problem Kim - just want to have a great weekend with great people!

Thank you for the offer, I'll keep that in mind!

DIS wife is working overtime on the sweet meet! You're the best. :thumbsup2

Andrea what an awesome idea! Unfortunately we will just be getting back from our honeymoon around that time, otherwise I am sure we would have been there. Long time no speak...we should try to meet up sometime soon!

thx a mint for doing so much work on this Andrea :thumbsup2

cheers,
:flower3:

Andrea what an awesome idea! Unfortunately we will just be getting back from our honeymoon around that time, otherwise I am sure we would have been there. Long time no speak...we should try to meet up sometime soon!

We will definatley meet up soon - how about during the February break? We can talk more about it on Facebook.

thx a mint for doing so much work on this Andrea :thumbsup2

cheers,
:flower3:

No problem Karen, I'm enjoying it

There are usually discount tickets at Giant (local grocery store). I know the discount is much more if they are used in June instead of July or August. There are also usually coupons at Dunkin Donuts in New Jersey, but they are often not good on the weekends.

We did the preview plan last summer and it was really nice. The park is actually not very crowded in the evening and we were able to get a lot done.

I would love to attend as this is only a 2 hour drive and I never seem to be able to actually make it to the world for any of the big BUT wife is due with kid #2 on August 10 so I'm pretty sure that won't work:confused3 LOL... would defiantly be in next year though!!!

There are usually discount tickets at Giant (local grocery store). I know the discount is much more if they are used in June instead of July or August. There are also usually coupons at Dunkin Donuts in New Jersey, but they are often not good on the weekends.

We did the preview plan last summer and it was really nice. The park is actually not very crowded in the evening and we were able to get a lot done.

Hi Anne. It would be my plan to go in Friday night for the free preview admission. But you have to buy those tickets right at the gate I believe. We'll have to see if that is somehow doable if we go the group ticket rate direction.

I want to go now. :banana: Oh, they are not open yet. :sad2:

:rotfl:

I'm not sure about a group discount with the free preview, but for the past few years Hershey, Giant and Kraft have been having a promo where you buy a certain amount of Kraft products at Giant and you get a voucher for a free Hersheypark ticket. We've been able to use that ticket for the free preview both years. (Hope they have that offer again this year).

Andrea, thanks for all the work. The Comfort Suites sounds great. I would be looking for a roomie, if possible. Ride sharing would also be of interest.

Kim

I don't think we can make it, but I'll go to work on the wife. Maybe if Paul tells her to go she will listen, we love Hershey. We are going to Holiday World for our Summer Trip this year, so two trips will be tought.....anyway.

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Harrisburg last time we went. Next to a nice mall (big Bass Pro Shop) and 8 miles from the Park. It was excellent!! Advanced price for a studeo suite is 152 and 1 bd 169. Just a little something to check out. I know with 5 in my family we need more room.

Hi everyone - I did hear from group sales at Hershey, they gave me prices for one day tickets for adults/children. They can be purchased beforehand or at the ticket window. The discount for the tickets looks pretty good to me. Problem is, a single payment must be used at the time of purchase, so, not sure how that is going to work out for us. We have plenty of time for that.

We do have a problem with the accomodations. I contacted Comfort Suites to get contract info and was told I was initially given the wrong rates- first they told me that we all had to stay over the Sunday night to get the $129/night rate, and if you didn't stay the Sunday, the rate was $189/night...

Then she told me that we could stay over any combination of nights we wanted (Fri/Sat - Sat/Sun - Fri/Sat/Sun) with no minimum # of nights, but, the price is $152.15/night. I explained that I have emails from them with the $129/night rate, but, of course they claim they never heard of the person that sent me the email...even though the email provides their first and last name and their phone number :rolleyes:

So......now we are back to square one. Do we go with the original hotel (Country Inn) for $109/night, do we go with Comfort Suites for now $152.15/night, or she gave me another offer - The Comfort Suites Harrisburg which would be $127.49/night.http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-harrisburg-pennsylvania-PA029?promo=gglocal

I am sooo mad that Comfort Suites isn't honoring the $129/night rate they gave me originally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter