• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Tag Fairy is upset

SueM in MN

combining the teacups with a roller coaster
I saw this posted on another board and thought I should probably put it here too (although we've never had any "please, tag fairy, tag me" threads here).

The Tag Fairies contacted me tonite. They are very upset. They exist to bring joy and happiness and surprises to people. They can't do that any more. The Tag Fairy has decided to go back to what made people happy.

They are going to surprise people, the way it was in the begining and the way it was meant to be. What that means is that if you ask for a tag you can expect not to get it. If you start clapping threads, begging threads, email, pm, instant message or telegram anyone...you can expect not to be tagged.
They ONLY way to be tagged is for the tag fairy to find you and surprise you.

Everyone should also realize that the TF doesn't tag based on how popular you are. Usually it's a split second decision because something caught their eye.

The Tag Fairies also asked me to say that they really hope everyone goes along with this. They really don't want to leave the Dis ... but they may have to.... unless they can go back to bringing joy to people....

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I'm sure this is a daft question (maybe it's just something getting lost in the translation, me being a Brit and all) but what the heck is a tag?

Clueless of Middlesex :confused:

Not a daft question at all (and one that would need a translation for some Americans too, so it's not just you Brits that wonder).
A tag is a little message that the Tag Fairy adds underneath some people's name. If I had one, under my name on all my posts, it might say something silly like, Collects old talking dolls and hopes thay are not talking about her...
It began as a fun little thing that the Tag fairy added randomly, but people started begging adn going to great lengths to ask for a tag. If you go to the Community Board (maybe back a few pages), you will see many threads begging for the Tag Fairy to "visit" them. The Tag Fairy decided that took the fun out of it and she will no longer visit people who beg.

It seems to be a community board phenomenon! I frequent a few boards that don't get the pleas for tags.

I think the posters here are concerned with more pressing things.

There are tags underneath my name, Sarah. Sometimes it's fun to read them and see what people said that was made into a tag. ON that other thread that Sue mentioned, I also said that when I asked, the tag fairy's muse wasn't as good as when I left her to do her own magic.

Suzanne

I removed my tags except for the one that is important to me. It describes me. And Deaf doesn't mean deaf but deaf culture.

People do the same thing about being picked for magical moments in the parks (opening the park, grand marshall, etc). If you demand something, how can getting it be a magical surprise?

We got a Magical Moment certificate once for DD. It was not busy and we asked if DD could ride a second time since Mexico was one of her favorate rides. They asked her name, said "Thanks, we're glad you like Mexico" and when we came out, there was a personalized Magical Moments certificate waiting for her. The surprise was what made it magical.
I've seen people writing in threads asking how to get one of those (or be picked as flag family or open the park or any of the other things that only a few people can do). I totally agree with Steve that if you have to ask, the magic is not there.

Originally posted by Safari Steve
People do the same thing about being picked for magical moments in the parks (opening the park, grand marshall, etc). If you demand something, how can getting it be a magical surprise?

GASP!....That's it! Last month I took my first solo trip to WDW. Well, almost solo...Cash, the Wonder Dog was with me...I've been to WDW three times before (male friend, Mom and niece, and BF plus his sister and her kids) All three of the non-solo trips were hilarious, commando-style fast-paced attacks. This last time I just wandered around. A whole two-week visit and not a single plan or PS did I make in advance...The pixie dust was everywhere. I expected a low-key vacation and, instead, got a party. princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter