The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm buying this afternoon! My husband (who is in sales) wanted me to wait longer to see if our guide would call with more incentives, but I just can't wait! ...and, yes, it is 5am CA time right now, I'm in training for March when I have to make my VGC Christmas ressies :scared:

I got enough for the APs but I just dont have the time to drive down and sign in person.

Grandpa--where do you live? Seems a shame to be paying that much and lose out on almost $800 in value . . . .

Grandpa--where do you live? Seems a shame to be paying that much and lose out on almost $800 in value . . . .

That really is a shame. I don't quite get why you'd have to be there in person to get those.

Anyhoo - another question/topic about the resort: What do we know about the extra pool? I know where it's going . . . but I'm hoping they'll do something special with it since there is already a "regular" pool right around the corner. And there is already a waterslide too. I hope the new pool at least has a fountain or water feature but wouldn't zero entry be lovely? I'm sure hoping for a sand bottom is probably futile. It would be such a nice asset to the resort.

Yeah--that would be a hike Grandpa--probably cost you more than the passes to take the trip down!

(p.s.) I don't think you sound Grumpy!

ok--I think this whole developer points thing is causing me to re-arrange all my travel plans for the year. I'm going to cancel my Boardwalk stay in March-April and use DPs instead for a stay at SSR in a two bedroom. (taking family). then I will try (yeah--good luck) to book Boardwalk for Food and Wine in October using regular points before my first AP expires (the one I got last year) at the 7 month mark for a solo trip. Whatever DPs are left I will use (1) for stays at GCH, and (2) deposit for an RCI exchange. Sigh. I knew my solo trip in March-April was not meant to be!

Yay! I'm so excited for everyone!

I'm planning on buying within the next week or so! We just bought BLT last week and have to wait 10 days or something, according to our guide.

May I ask what the purpose is for splitting into to smaller contracts? Is it so it's easier to sell contracts later, or to split amongst kids? Or is there another reasons I'm totally missing? If it's for those reasons, I guess it won't affect us too much... we'll be early-mid 70s by the time our contract expires and I fully intend to be using all those points still at that age!! :) Sorry, kids! :)

And another discrepancy... I could have sworn my guide said the DP were only available if over 16o pts were bought! But if other people got them for only 100, that's awesome!

Shoot, I'm still confused about the dang use year thing with this add on. I have to research this more.

Smaller contracts do hold their value much better. Take a look at some of the resale sites and you see how much higher the price per point is on a smaller contract. Now I plan on keeping and using my points forever, but you never know. There is no downside to splitting them into smaller contracts (at least none that I know of). I bought a 250 point SSR contract several years ago and shortly after added a 50 point contract. At the time I didn't know that there would eventually be a DLR DVC and I didn't consider how well the value of my SSR points would hold up over time. Now I can probably around $80 per point on the small contract and would have a hard time getting 70 per point on the large one. Knowing what I know now I would have set up my SSR contracts at 160 for the master and then two 50s and a 40 for my additional contracts. Plus as our Grandkids get older and maybe don't like going to DLR with us we have the option of shedding small contracts untill we get to level that is comfortable for my DW and me.

Your use year will be the same as you already have for your add ons at GCV.

I'll be in the same boat with DP since they expire before our trip to WDW in Nov with 18 of us so I can't reschedule. Why can't they extended them a couple of months? I think I'll deposit ours into RCI.

I'll be in the same boat with DP since they expire before our trip to WDW in Nov with 18 of us so I can't reschedule. Why can't they extended them a couple of months? I think I'll deposit ours into RCI.

I know--not to beat a dead horse--but Disney it's just not FAIR!! Those BLT people have been able to book their DPs for several months now . . . . . we should have the same time period they had, right? (Right!)

I know--not to beat a dead horse--but Disney it's just not FAIR!! Those BLT people have been able to book their DPs for several months now . . . . . we should have the same time period they had, right? (Right!)

RIGHT!!!!:mad:

I have a 5 day April trip already planned at the GC and am going to Fl for a week at the AKV in June. Now I could go to Disney every day of my life, but my DW (who puts up with my Disney Obsession) can only do so many trips a year. So I think I'm going to have to deposit the points into RCI also. It seems a shame to not spend them at DLR. Maybe I can talk her into a late summer trip.

Just bought 230 points today!!!! Feb use year we will be able to stay in a 1 bedroom Sunday thru Thursday in Magic season, or a 2 bedroom in choice season.

RIGHT!!!!:mad:

I have a 5 day April trip already planned at the GC and am going to Fl for a week at the AKV in June. Now I could go to Disney every day of my life, but my DW (who puts up with my Disney Obsession) can only do so many trips a year. So I think I'm going to have to deposit the points into RCI also. It seems a shame to not spend them at DLR. Maybe I can talk her into a late summer trip.

So I don't get how this works. We will only have until Oct 3rd to use the DPs, but if you deposit into RCI, what weeks will be available for RCI members to book? Doesn't make sense if they would be able to book after Oct 3rd, otherwise, the Oct 3rd is really just an arbitrary date and not really tied to actual inventory availability...?? And in that case it means they can push it out for VGC members!!

Just curious to know if any of those buying at VGC have been told by their guides, or anyone else how well sales are going so far?

I believe the DP are coming from SSR not VGC because my guide told me they could only be used at SSR if you were using them at WDW.

Congrats to all the new owners! :cheer2: I am counting down the days until March 28 when I will be heading off to DLR to make my purchase. :hourglass

Just curious to know if any of those buying at VGC have been told by their guides, or anyone else how well sales are going so far?

My guide said that they were swimming in points. I think that she meant that as a positive b/c it's DLR's first property to sell ever. Plus they were only one day into sales at the time. However, if they had already been on the brink of selling out she wouldn't have used those terms probably.

I think that points will for sure be available at the end of March.

Just got off of the phone with my guide and she says that sales are brisk and that there is a lot of interest from non founding members who are eager for their chance to buy.

I was able to set up our purchase this morning on my way to work. 180 points split into 2 contracts.:cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter