The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Nice. I just used my Disney visa but maybe I should have used something else. Our dues aren't insane though since we just have 160 points.

Nice. I just used my Disney visa but maybe I should have used something else. Our dues aren't insane though since we just have 160 points.
Yes, I’m not sure we’d have had time to take advantage of discounted GCs if we weren’t retired!

Hi, everyone! I did a waitlist for the first time at VGC for July 2024. I did for a 1 bedroom and 2nd waitlist request for a 2 bedroom.

Can anyone tell me what your previous experience was with waitlists being granted at VGC? Any comments are appreciated! :flower1::love:

:thanks:

My default is to use a Target Red Card to purchase digital Disney gift cards for 5% off. So, that would have saved you around $68.

I also build up gift cards throughout the year if the savings are greater than 5% and apply them to the dues because I am set up on a monthly auto-pay.

While at the parks I will charge almost everything to the room (which you can do using the DL app) and then pay it off with gift cards the night before checkout.

Getting GC through Costco or Best Buy at 10% off will save me over $1000 this coming year…

We are checking in to VGC on Christmas' Eve. Do they have any party, band or countdown at the hotel that evening? We will not be going into the parks that day. Any suggestions on what would be the best way to spend the Christmas' Eve without going to the parks?

We are checking in to VGC on Christmas' Eve. Do they have any party, band or countdown at the hotel that evening? We will not be going into the parks that day. Any suggestions on what would be the best way to spend the Christmas' Eve without going to the parks?
Live music in the lobby.
Live music at Craftsman Bar.
Live music in DTD.
Live music at the Tiki Bar.
Watch the fireworks from the Plaza between DL and CA.
Watch World of Color from the 6th floor viewing deck.

I have paid for too many gift cards that didn’t activate properly in my life to take that risk to save just 5%. I’m probably wrong on the math here (losing 1-2% of gift cards vs saving 5%) but I can’t mentally deal with the potential aggravation (nor the actual aggravation of inputting dozens of gift card numbers)

For myself personally, the savings on 10k+ worth of dues definitely makes the copy/pasting of the codes more palatable! 😆 I’m even happy with my redcard 5%, but this Costco deal has been amazing! Maxing out purchases on my login, my husband’s, and my oldest has her own account, so I can’t even keep track of how many we’ve purchased. 14% off of a lot is fantastic savings in my opinion! 😅 Happy to take advantage of the Best Buy 10% too!

I have paid for too many gift cards that didn’t activate properly in my life to take that risk to save just 5%. I’m probably wrong on the math here (losing 1-2% of gift cards vs saving 5%) but I can’t mentally deal with the potential aggravation (nor the actual aggravation of inputting dozens of gift card numbers)
I just do digital gift cards. You get them instantly and you can copy and paste the numbers easily…

My default is to use a Target Red Card to purchase digital Disney gift cards for 5% off. So, that would have saved you around $68.

I also build up gift cards throughout the year if the savings are greater than 5% and apply them to the dues because I am set up on a monthly auto-pay.

While at the parks I will charge almost everything to the room (which you can do using the DL app) and then pay it off with gift cards the night before checkout.

Getting GC through Costco or Best Buy at 10% off will save me over $1000 this coming year…

I've purchased some Disney gift cards here and there the past few months to use in the parks. Though I'll only use them when I'm unable to get the 10% discount using my Disney visa. Maybe throughout the year I'll buy some more and then just use them to pay my 2025 dues and get that 5% off. Sure, some might say it's "only" $68 but savings is savings to me!

I have 1 physical Disney gift card I got from Target. And then the others I've purchased were all digital. I just go to the Disney gift card site to transfer the balance onto my 1 physical gift card. Maybe that's a bad idea though? I don't know.

For myself personally, the savings on 10k+ worth of dues definitely makes the copy/pasting of the codes more palatable! 😆 I’m even happy with my redcard 5%, but this Costco deal has been amazing! Maxing out purchases on my login, my husband’s, and my oldest has her own account, so I can’t even keep track of how many we’ve purchased. 14% off of a lot is fantastic savings in my opinion! 😅 Happy to take advantage of the Best Buy 10% too!

10k of dues?! how many points do you have?? I'm jealous! (Well, of the points...not the dues, obviously. Ha!)

I hate that too, It's because they won't let you store them in your acct. So they are hoping you lose them, or don't get to use them.
I just bought some & im already wondering how im going to find them in 6 weeks. lol

I just do digital gift cards. You get them instantly and you can copy and paste the numbers easily…
Where do you paste the numbers to?
Can I store the credit in my magicband or anywhere useful?

I hate that too, It's because they won't let you store them in your acct. So they are hoping you lose them, or don't get to use them.
I just bought some & im already wondering how im going to find them in 6 weeks. lol

Where do you paste the numbers to?
Can I store the credit in my magicband or anywhere useful?
https://www.disneygiftcard.com/

I apply most of it directly to dues on the DVC site, but I have other physical cards that are “permanent” and I transfer the digital gift cards to them and then delete the digital card. The max per card is $1k.

Of course you could just store a bunch of them and not consolidate if you don’t want to.

https://www.disneygiftcard.com/

I apply most of it directly to dues on the DVC site, but I have other physical cards that are “permanent” and I transfer the digital gift cards to them and then delete the digital card. The max per card is $1k.

Of course you could just store a bunch of them and not consolidate if you don’t want to.
I’ll have to check it out, wish I could load them into the MDE app or even Apple Wallet (which I not use, but I would start for this. lol)

Too bad I paid my dues yesterday and bought gift cards today. :/

I’ll have to check it out, wish I could load them into the MDE app or even Apple Wallet (which I not use, but I would start for this. lol)
I have loaded digital Disney gift cards to my Apple Wallet, it’s been a while but I think there is a link to do so in the email with the gift card info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter