***The VWL Groupies & Trivia Thread*** Chapter 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
VWL Groupies rock. Period.

As a year ends, I look forward to 2009.

You all know what you mean to me.

I wish everyone, even you lurkers ;) a Very Merry Christmas,
Happy Chanukah and a Joyous Kwanzaa.

MERRY CHRISTMAS GROUPIES!
HD - How did you get a picture of our dog? ;) We have a beagle. His name is Buddy! :thumbsup2

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Glad I could get back one more time to catch up on the posts!

Loribell - Believe it or not - this is our "second go-round" with a "beagle named Bud"!;) Our very first dog - a mostly beagle with some daschund/basset hound thrown in was "Bud". Since "new Buddy" already had his name for almost 4 years (he was an owner surrender to the shelter) and it wasn't a "shelter name" - we didn't have the heart to totally rock his little world by trying to change his name on top of everything else that had happened to him!

Eliza and Muushka - special thanks and good wishes to you both for this holiday. ELiza - this board wouldn't be the same without you always making us smile with your "Eliza-wit" and Muushka for being the kind, cheerful, and good hearted cheerleader. You guys help keep this Board waaayy special!:thumbsup2

For any Groupie traveling - be safe! For all those in WDW - we're jealous - but have a great time!:thumbsup2

Leslie

Maria, :goodvibes , love the card.

HD, :goodvibes you Groupies are easy to be nice to. And by the way, did you send me an email? I emailed you asking if it was you. I sure hope so, otherwise I have a big mystery on my hands.:confused3

Thanks to each and every one of the Groupies, Lurkers and even (gasp) those who can't stand VWL in any way, shape or form. I wish everyone a wonderful, blessed Christmas.

xmas-mic13.gif

Merry Christmas everyone!

I'm looking up a Brie en Croute recipe that Emeril made on tv for tomorrow, and I just had to duck over hee :laughing:

So far today I've cooked an apple pie, lemon raspberry champagne drop cookies, black and white brownies, and sweet potato souffle. And I made the spinach dip.

Tomorrow my husband's family is bringing over two quiches and a pecan pie, and we're going to do ham, white wine turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, the brie, cranberry relish, and pumpkin crunch pie.

This is my first Christmas in our new house with my kick butt 6 burner stove-today was the first time I used all of them AND the oven at the same time.

I think tomorrow I will, too. I figure I have to be burning off almost as many calories as I'm gonna eat tomorrow with all the work and the sweating, right???

:wizard:

Merry Christmas, Groupies! From Cape May where we'll be hosting some Coast Guard recruits for the holiday. Does anyone have a loved one who is in basic training this year?

Bobbi:goodvibes

Wow Kickapoo....your holiday menu line-up sounds delicious !

Merry Merry Day to all today ! I had a little Christmas magic this morning---I got called off work ! I was due to work 7 am to 3 pm but they told me they could let me stay home today ! So that made my Christmas day for sure !

Bobbiwoz...that's so nice of you and your family to host the Coast Guard recruits.

mooseccritter4.gif

Maria, I am so glad you got to stay home today. What a gift that is!

Kickapoo, thank you very much. Now my keyboard is covered in drool!;) What exactly is white wine turkey? Sounds delicious. Everything sounds delicious, even your brand new 6 burner stove! What time is dinner?????

My cooking adventures include 3 quiches and a prime rib roast covered in 2 cups of Kosher salt. They say it is delicious, I sure hope so!

Merry Christmas to all

Good "Day After Christmas" Morning Groupies!

Hope everyone who was celebrating had a joyous day yesterday. Feeling a little hung-over - from yesterday's FOOD! Based on people's posts, we have a feeling that there may be a few more "food hangovers" today. If I see one more "hot dog sock" (nephew's name for hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls), sugar cookie, or peanut butter ball, I will have to check myself into food rehab.;)

Got the full WDW report from my sister's trip. She and her kids had never been to our beloved Lodge before on their trips :-)scared1: ) - and said that they were blown away by it. Said it was totally their favorite resort - how could it not be! She also said that until they were leaving on Monday - they really didn't have any crowds. Guess the economic backlash may be starting to hit.

To all of those out there braving the "new black Friday" for retailers - happy shopping. To all those who had to head back to work today (Bob did!) - hope that it is a "quiet" day for you.

On to New Years!!!!:cool1:

[

To All my buddies on the boards.
I am eternally grateful for the friendship, fun, zanniness, compassion and endless support shown by my friends who come to play here. I watched the "bucket list" with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholas and one of the items on the list was something about "change some one's life for the better". You guys can officially cross that off your "to-do" list, I have been moved by each and every post. Thank you!
Wishing every one the greatest, gloriest, goofiest Christmas and Hannauka celebrations in groupies history.

Love you all madly,
Eliza :santa:

Thanks so much... We recently saw the bucket list and what a great movie...
It does make you think about what's important in life.
Finding this thread and all of you groupies has been so important me.
I know I've said it before but it is so true, you are people who "Understand" :lovestruc

Feel the same way Eliza. This is the time of year when we reflect on what is important in life and what really matters. So though Im not on here as often as I would like, I want to say, you folks matter to me. Thanks for being my DIS friends. And thanks for sharing a kindred spirit in our love of the Lodge.

Merry Christmas to one and all!!

That's it...... Kindred Spirits

Wishing the Merriest of Christmas' to all of you ![/COLOR][/FONT]

XMAS9-4-08__119.gif
lulu_moose-1.jpg

moosemerrychristmas.gif
[/QUOTE]

Maria just love your pics always the BEST

A Very Merry Belated Christmas to all Groupies everywhere.
Its been a very busy couple of weeks and haven't been around much.

Time to go read the last few pages and catch up.

Morning Groupies,

Hope you are all having a relaxing after Christmas weekend.

I'm not going to do a review of our stay last week because others do a much better job of it than I do. But I have to mention that VWL and WL have the friendliest, most helpful CM's. We stayed at another DVC resort also, for the Epcot convenience. Even my young adult kids mentioned that the CM's weren't as friendly as the lodge's CM's. Another big plus to our favorite resort!:thumbsup2

Maria and the rest of you with the great graphics, thanks so much for sharing, I've really gotten a kick out of them.:yay:

Deb

Greetings Everyone: I hope I'm not intruding here. I have a question for all you WL fans. I am coming to WDW over marathon weekend Jan 9-11. I wanted to meet Ranger Stan while I'm there. Does anyone know his schedule? Thanks.

Okay, I'm officially caught up. I gained 10 pounds just from reading all the great food everyone was having.
There is bike rental, including bicycle surrey rental.

They also rent Sea Raycers (water mice). We tried that out last month, and had a wonderful time!

For those of you that remember, back in 95', they had a new program called the food and fun plan. I believe it was the precursor to todays DDP. The sea raycers were included once per day. We did them from the Poly a couple times and zoomed around both Bay Lake and Seven seas. Also got the little pontoon boats from Dixie Landings and got to do the run to DTD. What a lot of fun. Would recommend them to everyone. Oh yeah. I think they changed the plan cause they lost money on me.:laughing:

Ginger.jpg

This is my favorite picture of Ginger from when she was a puppy.
That is a great photo Dory. Your DS did a nice job.

Always thinking about my Groupies..........
http://greetings.aol.com/view.pd?i=100765051&m=6589&source=aolc992

Merry, Merry !
Maria

Loved your card Maria. Thanks for being the groupie graphics artist.

HD. I loved your list and I am following the eggnog one. I love eggnog. Its weird though, my kids won't touch it. Thats okay, more for me;)

Okay, now what are everyones traditional New Years Eve plans? For us its spending the evening with close family and eating and eating ( seafood smorgasbord ) until New Years Rockin Eve comes on.

Okay, I'm officially caught up. I gained 10 pounds just from reading all the great food everyone was having.

For those of you that remember, back in 95', they had a new program called the food and fun plan. I believe it was the precursor to todays DDP. The sea raycers were included once per day. We did them from the Poly a couple times and zoomed around both Bay Lake and Seven seas. Also got the little pontoon boats from Dixie Landings and got to do the run to DTD. What a lot of fun. Would recommend them to everyone. Oh yeah. I think they changed the plan cause they lost money on me.:laughing:

That is a great photo Dory. Your DS did a nice job.

Loved your card Maria. Thanks for being the groupie graphics artist.

HD. I loved your list and I am following the eggnog one. I love eggnog. Its weird though, my kids won't touch it. Thats okay, more for me;)

Okay, now what are everyones traditional New Years Eve plans? For us its spending the evening with close family and eating and eating ( seafood smorgasbord ) until New Years Rockin Eve comes on.
The big partyers that we are, we will be watching the big ball drop and Ryan Seacrest's Rockin Eve!!:lmao: :rotfl2: :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter