The "Waiting for ROFR" support group thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, add us to the list. DH and I are waiting on a 150 point BWV contract. We made the offer on friday and it went to Disney for ROFR Monday 3/3/08, so I know we are in the early stages.:goodvibes
We already own at SSR which we bought through Disney last year. We knew we wanted more points and contemplated an add-on at SSR or AKV, but I just loved our recent stay at BWV and the ability to walk to Epcot and MGM, so we decided to go that route instead. So, hopefully we will be proud owners at BWV in addition to our beloved Saratoga Springs. Wish me luck!:thumbsup2
Your now on the list, you are officially suffering in the dreaded ROFR waiting game. Make sure you thank Tammy as she invented this thread and since misery loves company this seems to work out well!!

Although, I'm not wating on ROFR, I dread the days of waiting that we will face when we add on in the future. Congrats to Tammy and disneymotherof3 for passing! :cheer2:

I think we're gonna have fun with this thread...( especially when Ed passes ROFR and starts posting his days, hours, minutes, seconds until closing );)

Sajetto-
How did you move your siggy pics up so that they all fit? My BWV pic is cut off..

Sajetto-
How did you move your siggy pics up so that they all fit? My BWV pic is cut off..

The only way I could get them to fit was to get rid of my trip tickers :sad2: and then it was trial and error. I had to tinker with it a few times and preview it before I finally got it right.

I think we're gonna have fun with this thread...( especially when Ed passes ROFR and starts posting his days, hours, minutes, seconds until closing );)

I thought we were already having fun! I agree....Ed is going to be hilarious when he passes ROFR! I can't wait!

I thought we were already having fun! I agree....Ed is going to be hilarious when he passes ROFR! I can't wait!
Oh sure, you guys are having a great time, you passed ROFR. The rest of us sit here worried. Thinking about a room somewhere where Disney Execs are taking their time making these decisions about my BWV points! I can hear them laughing, "should we give him the points? No, let's make him sweat it out, he already drank the cool aid, he's going nowhere."

And yes. 43 days 7 hours 59 minutes and 8 seconds until the family truckster departs.

Oh sure, you guys are having a great time, you passed ROFR. The rest of us sit here worried. Thinking about a room somewhere where Disney Execs are taking their time making these decisions about my BWV points! I can hear them laughing, "should we give him the points? No, let's make him sweat it out, he already drank the cool aid, he's going nowhere."

And yes. 43 days 7 hours 59 minutes and 8 seconds until the family truckster departs.

You are cracking me up! :rotfl2:

NO WAY!!!! THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!! :cool1: :banana: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: :cheer2: :dancer: party:

BTW, hi Tammy's sister! I've heard that you live in Williamsburg. I live in Va. Beach! I told Tammy that if she ever came to visit, that we all need to get together.

Yes we will have to have a DVC luncheon in Virginia!:goodvibes

Good Morning Sunshines! :goodvibes

Another day of :surfweb: to look foreward to!

Trying to think of a good topic for the day. Chime in if you have one!

I think I have one..

If you could be anywhere right now at a DVC resort where would you be?

I would be in the Zero entry side of the pool at SSR, playing with my son and watching my daughter go up and down the slide for the hundreth time.:goodvibes then heading to the Turf Club for dinner.. yes I am not waiting for ROFR but I can't wait to go back to DVC.. only 58 days 15 hrs 46 mins and 2 secs for me!:rotfl:

Kristen and I are going on the same couples trip! :thumbsup2 I'm dring in after her.

My choice would be hanging out on the Boardwalk, I'd walk over to WS for lunch at the fish 'n chips cart.

Ed, when exactly did you stuff get sent to ROFR? I couldn't find a date on the other thread..

Kristen and I are going on the same couples trip! :thumbsup2 I'm dring in after her.

My choice would be hanging out on the Boardwalk, I'd walk over to WS for lunch at the fish 'n chips cart.

Ed, when exactly did you stuff get sent to ROFR? I couldn't find a date on the other thread..
You know, I'm not exactly sure when it went in. I want to say February 22 but I could be wrong. I didn't know that this would be such an important date to remember. When I Emailed Nancy she said that there were a few in front of mine so I do know there is some sort of order they are following. I just don't know how fast they do this, one a day, one a hour, etc. It really hasn't been an outrageous amount of time but it still doesn't make the waiting any easier.

I think I have one..

If you could be anywhere right now at a DVC resort where would you be?

I would be in the Zero entry side of the pool at SSR, playing with my son and watching my daughter go up and down the slide for the hundreth time.:goodvibes then heading to the Turf Club for dinner.. yes I am not waiting for ROFR but I can't wait to go back to DVC.. only 58 days 15 hrs 46 mins and 2 secs for me!:rotfl:
I would be at MY DVC resort that I was through ROFR and closed on, with my new members packet in hand ,as my wife watches me frolicking in the splendor that is DVC life, quite embarrassed as her and the two kids hide behind the giant clown at the pool and hope that nobody recognizes us. How are they going to live up to my expectations!?!?!

Good morning my fellow future DVCer's!!! Here's hoping that we have some more good news today!! :thumbsup2

As for where would I be, I'd have to echo Ed's answer. I'd me at MY DVC relaxing and enjoying watching my family bask in the glory of being DVC owners. This is going to sound goofy and sappy, but I am so thrilled that we were able to do this for our family, especially our kids. Family time means so much to us with my DH being in the Navy. We never know when he may be called away. We feel like when we're at Disney, we're a million miles away from everything else going on in the world.

I can't wait to go home!! :banana:

I would be at MY DVC resort that I was through ROFR and closed on, with my new members packet in hand ,as my wife watches me frolicking in the splendor that is DVC life, quite embarrassed as her and the two kids hide behind the giant clown at the pool and hope that nobody recognizes us. How are they going to live up to my expectations!?!?!

Sounds awesome! I hadn't considered frolicking with my new members packet. Maybe I should bring it in May..:lmao:

I only know that date I submitted because I posted on the Waiting for ROFR thread. I thought it would be there Monday ( to TTS ) but it was a Fed holiday so they got it on the 19th. I knew ( had been told by my salesman) that all the sellers paperwork was already signed and waiting on my check. They got everything and submitted on the 19th. I got word yesterday. 16 days. I can't imagine you aren't right behind me..:thumbsup2

Good morning my fellow future DVCer's!!! Here's hoping that we have some more good news today!! :thumbsup2

As for where would I be, I'd have to echo Ed's answer. I'd me at MY DVC relaxing and enjoying watching my family bask in the glory of being DVC owners. This is going to sound goofy and sappy, but I am so thrilled that we were able to do this for our family, especially our kids. Family time means so much to us with my DH being in the Navy. We never know when he may be called away. We feel like when we're at Disney, we're a million miles away from everything else going on in the world.

I can't wait to go home!! :banana:
I am happy for you, and in all seriousness, if you wouldn't mind, thank your husband for his service to our country, from me. It's because of people like him that we are afforded the opportunities and in reality, luxuries in life like DVC. Just so you and he know, there are people out there, me included, that are very appreciative of the sacrifices made by families like yours so rest of us can live this way, So Thank You.

I apologize in advance for this question. I'm not sure i understand exactly how ROFR works. I take it that you are buying some elses DVC contract. Who has the Right of First Refusal? Disney? DVC? I'm asking because I want to add on points in the future, I'm just trying to figure out how this works..

I apologize in advance for this question. I'm not sure i understand exactly how ROFR works. I take it that you are buying some elses DVC contract. Who has the Right of First Refusal? Disney? DVC? I'm asking because I want to add on points in the future, I'm just trying to figure out how this works..

If you buy resale, when you sign a contract that contract goes to disney. If they want to buy it they can, and then you have to start over finding a new contract. I hope that makes sense.:upsidedow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter