The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that Publix has moved over into the entrance of Celebration just down a bit from that intersection of 192 to the west. Not to far. It is now an awesome Super Publix with a larger store and hot food bar. It is our favorite stop. I'm pretty sure the Publix on International Drive (across from Walgreen's) was closed when the new on opened a year ago last fall.

The one you mention on the Irlo Bronson is big, new, and beautiful. It is between Celebration Ave. to the west, and 417 on the east.

Question for some veteran WBCers! Is there a place to watch fireworks on resort grounds if you are not staying in a presidential? Thanks! Checking in Sunday :cloud9:

We are here now. In Tower 6 on the 11th floor. We are really disappointed. I didn't realize these condos were so poorly insulated.

We can hear the tv from the neighbors on both sides of us. But the worse part is the extreme noise we hear from the unit ABOVE us. Every time they move a chair or close a door or walk around, we hear it. It is loud & annoyingly awful!

We are travelling with 2 small kids and they crashed at 8PM last night after a long day at Disney. Well, at 8:30PM, they woke up (every parent's nightmare!) because it literally sounded like a herd of elephants above us. After listening to the upstairs neighbors for 2 hours, we called the front desk to complain. They said that "quiet hours" don't begin until 11PM. Outrageous!

If you are sensitive to neighborly noise, think twice before booking here!!!!

So sorry you are dealing with that. I know that has to be frustrating! We have never had trouble with people around us (we have stayed at WBC 3 times now). Although our first stay we had trouble with people at the pool. You could hear them yelling and screaming. It would go until midnight. We called and complained but nothing was done about it.

Since then we always ask for a room with a parking lot view so we don't hear the pool noise. We were there last week and when we checked in the guy said he had never had a request for a parking lot view lol I don't care what is out my window as long as I don't hear noise :)

Question for some veteran WBCers! Is there a place to watch fireworks on resort grounds if you are not staying in a presidential? Thanks! Checking in Sunday :cloud9:

We were there last week and in tower 2 I think (or maybe 1, can't remember). Anyway, there was a room on the 7th floor we could go to to watch the fireworks.

We were there last week and in tower 2 I think (or maybe 1, can't remember). Anyway, there was a room on the 7th floor we could go to to watch the fireworks.

Thanks so much! I had understood the viewing rooms were just for members or presidential room people. thank you for easing my mind!!

We were just in a 2-bed deluxe, tower 4, 13th floor, room 1368. We had a perfect view of 3 parks and downtown disney. I told my Dh, "this must be a really hard to get room". We moved though. It was too high up and felt disconnected from the resort.

We had this same room early November and loved it!

Is building 5 re-opened yet? Arriving tomorrow and can't wait to get away from the cold in NY. I have read such great things about WBC and I'm really looking forward to my 10 night stay.

Is building 5 re-opened yet? Arriving tomorrow and can't wait to get away from the cold in NY. I have read such great things about WBC and I'm really looking forward to my 10 night stay.

We were there last week and they said tower 5 was closed for reno.

Thanks for the info! In the air now will be landing in an hour, maybe we'll luck out and get building 5.

We are almost set to book Bonnet Creek for May 2-10th:cool1: Hopefully next week DH will get vacation time confirmation and we can put the hammer down on Bonnet Creek and our flights:woohoo:

A couple quick questions if you don't mind. We got quoted a fantastic rate from Vacation Strategies and plan on booking though them. Any reason why not to?

Also we plan on booking the 2bdrm deluxe. The only issue I noticed with the floor plan was the bathrooms are both connected with the bedrooms with no entrance through the main hallway? We had planned on having my two girls sleep in the 2nd room and my teenage son on the pull-out couch. In order for him to use the bathroom he would either have to walk though our bedroom or the girls room while they were sleeping? This is ok I guess, hopefully they will be so tired out and not wake up, since my son stays up half the night even when we vacation. The 3 bdrm set up is better but the cost is 50% more and not worth it in my opinion. Also is there a tower/room/floor ect. that I should request. We will have a rental car if that matters. We would like to be close to good pools/lazy river or have firework view if at all possible. Either way we are just excited to try Bonnet Creek:dance3:

Is there someone that list the restaurant/pizza place menu and prices?

Last question, are all amenities included in hotel cost? Can we plan mini-golf, volleyball, use lazy river tubes for no additional cost?

Thank-you everyone!

We are almost set to book Bonnet Creek for May 2-10th:cool1: Hopefully next week DH will get vacation time confirmation and we can put the hammer down on Bonnet Creek and our flights:woohoo:

A couple quick questions if you don't mind. We got quoted a fantastic rate from Vacation Strategies and plan on booking though them. Any reason why not to?

Also we plan on booking the 2bdrm deluxe. The only issue I noticed with the floor plan was the bathrooms are both connected with the bedrooms with no entrance through the main hallway? We had planned on having my two girls sleep in the 2nd room and my teenage son on the pull-out couch. In order for him to use the bathroom he would either have to walk though our bedroom or the girls room while they were sleeping? This is ok I guess, hopefully they will be so tired out and not wake up, since my son stays up half the night even when we vacation. The 3 bdrm set up is better but the cost is 50% more and not worth it in my opinion. Also is there a tower/room/floor ect. that I should request. We will have a rental car if that matters. We would like to be close to good pools/lazy river or have firework view if at all possible. Either way we are just excited to try Bonnet Creek:dance3:

Last question, are all amenities included in hotel cost? Can we plan mini-golf, volleyball, use lazy river tubes for no additional cost?

Thank-you everyone!
The second bathroom is not inside the 2nd bedroom. Your son will not have to go into the girls room.

Mini-golf, volleyball and lazy river tubes are all free.

The only issue I noticed with the floor plan was the bathrooms are both connected with the bedrooms with no entrance through the main hallway?
There are two different layouts for the 2BDlx units. One has the configuration shown on the web site. In the other, the second bath has two doors, one to the second bedroom, and the other to the living room. I think buildings 4 and above have the latter layout, but am not 100% sure.

Also is there a tower/room/floor ect. that I should request.
Unfortunately, Bonnet Creek does not currently take requests from anyone except high-point owners staying on their own points. Every once in a while you'll get a little pixie-dust at check in, so you could ask after the bathroom layout situation, but expect them to hold pretty hard to the no-requests line.

The good news is that the resort is very compact, so most everything is close to everything else, and there are several different "good" pools.

The restaurants in the hotel building have menus online: http://www.wyndhamgrandorlando.com/dining.aspx

I don't think any of the timeshare-side counter service places have menus online, but I could be wrong.

Quote:
The only issue I noticed with the floor plan was the bathrooms are both connected with the bedrooms with no entrance through the main hallway?

There are two different layouts for the 2BDlx units. One has the configuration shown on the web site. In the other,
the second bath has two doors, one to the second bedroom, and the other to the living room. I think buildings 4 and above
have the latter layout, but am not 100% sure.

===> Both of my visits to WBC I was able to stay in building 4 and they each had same layout
the second bathroom had one door ... access only from hallway.

There are two different layouts for the 2BDlx units. One has the configuration shown on the web site. In the other, the second bath has two doors, one to the second bedroom, and the other to the living room. I think buildings 4 and above have the latter layout, but am not 100% sure.

Unfortunately, Bonnet Creek does not currently take requests from anyone except high-point owners staying on their own points. Every once in a while you'll get a little pixie-dust at check in, so you could ask after the bathroom layout situation, but expect them to hold pretty hard to the no-requests line.

The good news is that the resort is very compact, so most everything is close to everything else, and there are several different "good" pools.

The restaurants in the hotel building have menus online: http://www.wyndhamgrandorlando.com/dining.aspx

I don't think any of the timeshare-side counter service places have menus online, but I could be wrong.
We've stayed nearly 20 times, in all the towers but the tower where you check in -- not sure what its called -- and I can't remember a room like the one in question. Must be pretty rare but they could be out there.

Got me. I'm just going off the posted Unit Information chart, which lists capacity as either 8/6 or 8/4. The 8/6 units will have two doors to the second bathroom. The 8/4 units will only have one (either from the LR or from the BR). There must be at least a few of them, or they wouldn't be listed that way.

Thank-you everyone for all the replies. Looks like the bathroom situation will most likely not be an issue. Now I just have to wait 5 months to get there.

We are trying to book a 2 Bedroom Presidential for March or April for 10 days. Does anyone have suggestions on the best place to get the best rates? We are flexible with our travel dates. Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter