The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be arriving at Bonnet Creek on Friday. It's myself, my husband, our two boys Jonah (3) and Abel (2). Sunday my mother and my husbands parents will be joining us in our 3 bedroom condo.

Questions for those of you who have stayed there:

We requested an Epcot View in Building 5 (after reading about such things here and another board). Does that sound good? Or should I call this week and make a different request? My oldest son, my husband, and my mother in law are hearing impaired, and since they miss out on so much in life as it is, I thought it would be a nice extra to be able to see the fireworks from a distance.

What do I need to bring in terms of kitchen stuff...dishwashing liquid, dishwasher detergent, paper towels, sponge, etc. Also things like laundry detergent, extra toilet paper, etc. Do we supply our own or do they supply those things? I realize there's no housekeeping to restock daily, so I assume we just call down when we run out of something...

Pack-n-Plays - I've already verified that they do have them there, but should we take our own? Sometimes hotels run out, and our two year old really likes the security of his crib or pack-n-play; I doubt he would sleep well without it.

TIA.

We'll be arriving at Bonnet Creek on Friday. It's myself, my husband, our two boys Jonah (3) and Abel (2). Sunday my mother and my husbands parents will be joining us in our 3 bedroom condo.

Questions for those of you who have stayed there:

We requested an Epcot View in Building 5 (after reading about such things here and another board). Does that sound good? Or should I call this week and make a different request? My oldest son, my husband, and my mother in law are hearing impaired, and since they miss out on so much in life as it is, I thought it would be a nice extra to be able to see the fireworks from a distance.

What do I need to bring in terms of kitchen stuff...dishwashing liquid, dishwasher detergent, paper towels, sponge, etc. Also things like laundry detergent, extra toilet paper, etc. Do we supply our own or do they supply those things? I realize there's no housekeeping to restock daily, so I assume we just call down when we run out of something...

Pack-n-Plays - I've already verified that they do have them there, but should we take our own? Sometimes hotels run out, and our two year old really likes the security of his crib or pack-n-play; I doubt he would sleep well without it.

TIA.

I think that view sounds nice. And you'll be next to the new pool and bar, which is even nicer! You should be able to see and hear the fireworks and maybe even feel them a little. :goodvibes

The unit is stocked with minimal amounts of all the off-brand stuff you mentioned. But if you plan on doing any decent amount of cleaning, I would bring my own stuff. And I don't remember sponges - we used the rags they provided. So bring a sponge.

I believe they do have PnPs but we brought our own, so can't help too much. DD loves her PnP so if you can throw it in the car, do so.

Have fun!!!

I am considering staying at Bonnet Creek for our next Disney vaca. One thing that is important to us is a comfortable bed....any comments on how the beds are?

We tried for building 5 for January 29th and they said it was being refurbed. We were told no availability for a 3 bedroom in building four and are in building two with fireworks view. Is that an older building?

I have a bad back and I was worried- but they were wonderful- no problems at all. As for bath/body they supply you with the basics the first day, but after that you're on your own! :thumbsup2

Started another thread in case no one on this one knew.

Wondering if anyone knows what a 3 bedroom costs booking 60 days out with Ken Price and Vacation Upgrades?
It's not on the website as far as I can tell...only a 1 and 2bdrm.

Thanks so much!

As I recall, a 3 bed unit is closer is price to a 4 bed unit. I believe it was around $180 when I was quoted a price. A 3 bed only has the 2 baths, though, whereas with the 4 bed you get 4 baths.

This thread is great! Thanks to all of the great reviews, we just booked a 2 bdrm at Bonnet Creek in March. This will be our first time staying off property(Me, DH, DD5, DS3, DD1) and we will have a car. I some ADRs, but we may want to grab a quick meal once in awhile offsite. What are the closest places to eat (fast food or chains are fine) I don't want to do much cooking so anything that we could go out and bring back would be great too.
Is there any construction going on there currently, and if so, which buildings is it closest to?
Also Which building is closest to the kids pool?

We just returned last night from Bonnet Creek. We were in a 3 bedroom unit for 8 nights. There were 5 adults and 2 preschoolers. It was FANTASTIC!!! I have been a Disney Resort snob for years and years, but we decided we are officially making the switch to Bonnet Creek.

The price was the first attraction...$150 per night for a 3 bedroom. Unbeatable for this level of service in such a nice hotel. That's what we paid for ONE room at Port Orleans 3 years ago.

I could not believe how big the unit was. The Kitchen, dining room, and living room were so nice to have, especially when little ones were sleeping. The 3 bedrooms were good-sized, with a really nice master bathroom.

We didn't use their transportation, we had our own car and drove in every day, but it was just as well because as those of you with kids and strollers and gear know, loading and unloading that stuff into a bus can be a pain. Usng our van was easier and faster anyway. The longest it ever took us from room to park entrance was 35 minutes, and that was to the Magic Kingdom. The shortest was 11 minutes, to the Studios.

We didn't use the pool or other facilities, as we spent all day at the parks.

There was an aggressive sales pitch when we checked in, but once I informed the salesperson that we were not going to be buying, nor would we be attending any sort of presentation, she let it go. We had the phone off the hook except for when we were online, and we did get at least 2 calls a day but we ignored them.

We had planned to wait 3-4 years to return, but our boys are 2 and 3 years old, and I just can't wait that long. So we'll probably return next year. I figure we should do it while they like it, as I know when they get to be teenagers they will most likely hate it!

I would really love to hear from anyone who has used the BC transportation. We'll have 4 older teens with us, and I thought they might use the transportation to/from the parks when they don't want to stay with us old fogies for the day! I'm just concerned that mabe it doesn't run frequently, or is really inconvenient. Any experiences?

The bus schedule we were given showed departures to all four parks every half hour from about 8:15am - noonish. And returns every hour from around 3pm - 5pm, and every half hour after that until park closing.

Thanks for a great thread! I've heard of this place before and am always leary of trying new places. With all these reviews and pictures, I'm kind of excited at the possibility of trying something new. We've stayed at Cypress Pointe before and love the amount of space there and love the location. We've driven past BC many times and have heard about it on the DIS so I'm going to track down some more info as well but in the mean time a few questions -

We're planning a trip in December (1-7) with another family as a surprise. Should I book now or wait?

When you make a request (for a view specifically), is it often granted?

What's the best request for a fireworks view?

What's the overall cleanliness of the room upon check in? I'm kind of a neat freak and find myself cleaning the room before I'll bring the suitcases and stuff in. Is that the case here?

Anyone have more pictures to share?

Any parking fees?

Thanks!!

Saucymb,
Could you please comment on your view? We are heading down in a week and I want to call and request as you did (building 5, epcot fireworks, etc). Can you offer any other information on the building 5 pool, etc? Also, did they have pack and plays? Did they charge? Thanks!

Saucymb,
Could you please comment on your view? We are heading down in a week and I want to call and request as you did (building 5, epcot fireworks, etc). Can you offer any other information on the building 5 pool, etc? Also, did they have pack and plays? Did they charge? Thanks!

We were in building 5, room 1288. 12th floor. Epcot view, but it was off to the left side. You had to stand on the far left of the balcony to see it, but it was nice. You could also see Epcot from 2 of the 3 bedrooms. We could also see Downtown Disney, and in the very far off distance, the magic Kingdom.

We called 2 weeks ahead and requested building 5, fireworks view.

Pack n play: they had it, and delivered it to our room. We requested it on check-in, but we had to call down for it later that night. They may have tried to deliver when we were out at the parks, I'm not sure, but once we called, it was there within 10 minutes. They provide a regular size flat sheet, so bring your own PnP fitted sheets from home. no charge.

Thanks for all the awesome info and photos about Bonnet Creek. My family is planning to go to WDW 10/16-10/23/10. With 3 children 8yrs and under this seems like an awesome option. We were considering POR or 2 value rooms but this is swaying me. I just need to see if this is a better value since we would need to rent a car and include parking. I was also hoping Free Dining might be available for our stay but I mayb just forget about that. Any ideas on how early we should look to lock in something at Bonnet Creek for our October 2010 timeframe?

Here are some pictures, courtesy of MsCoz2000. She stayed last October in a 2 BR Unit in the "newest" tower. 6 I think?

2nd Bathroom Vanity:
IMG_2530.jpg

2nd Bathroom Tub/Shower & Toilet:
IMG_2531.jpg

Washer & Dryer in Hallway:
IMG_2532.jpg

2nd Bedroom 2 Queen Beds:
IMG_2533.jpg

TV & Dresser in 2nd Bedroom:
IMG_2534.jpg

Closet in 2nd Bedroom:
IMG_2535.jpg

Additional View of 2nd Bedroom:
IMG_2536.jpg

Dining Room Table:
IMG_2538.jpg

Living Room:
IMG_2539.jpg

TV in Living Room (Inside the Cabinet is also a stereo):
IMG_2540.jpg

Master Bedroom w/ King Bed:
IMG_2541.jpg

Master Bedroom TV& Dresser:
IMG_2542.jpg

Closet in Master Bedroom:
IMG_2543.jpg

Safe in Master Bedroom:
IMG_2544.jpg

Jacuzzi Tub in Master Bathroom:
IMG_2545.jpg

1st Vanity in Master Bathroom:
IMG_2546.jpg

2nd Vanity & Toilet in Maser Bathroom:
IMG_2547.jpg

Shower in Master Bathroom:
IMG_2548.jpg

Kitchen Area:
IMG_2549.jpg

Kitchen:
IMG_2550.jpg

This is what is supplied in the kitchen:
IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg

IMG_2557.jpg

IMG_2558.jpg

IMG_2559.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg

IMG_2564.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

Chairs on the Balcony:
IMG_2567.jpg

IMG_2568.jpg

View from our Balcony of the Lazy River:
IMG_2569.jpg

View from our Balcony of the other Tower's:
IMG_2570.jpg

IMG_2571.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg

MsCoz2000 said, "Ok everyone, here are some more pictures.... (just to explain... I take soooo many pictures when we stay places for this exact reason. So many times I look into where to stay and I can't find pictures of what the place looks like and then am disappointed when we do stay there. So I do this to try and help people make the right decision!)

Enjoy!"

Walking Around the Property:
IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

One of the other Tower's Pool:
IMG_2674.jpg

Kiddie Play Area:
IMG_2676.jpg

Volleyball Area:
IMG_2677.jpg

Mini Golf Area:
IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

PLayground:
IMG_2686.jpg

Water slide:
IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

A sign along the walkway:
IMG_2694.jpg

Some Chairs by the Pool:
IMG_2695.jpg

The Most Recent Pool:
IMG_2708.jpg

More Picts of the Lazy River:
IMG_2698.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

IMG_2700.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2707.jpg

Fresh Water Springs (you can't use them, just there for atmosphere):
IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

OK-Hopefully this will work! I have never submitted pics before so...UGH!!! It's not working- why won't it just let me copy and paste??:confused3 Any suggestions/help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter